Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at IOA since 10:30am and it is surprisingly crowded. It is far from the ghost town I was expecting.
Crowded as in streets? Or ride queues? Lines don’t look long based on the app, but you would know better being there. Do you feel like people can socially distance?

Keep us posted. :thumbsup: ....
I’ll do a report afterwards. But I can tell you that @Joe hit the nail on the head on how the masks communication should’ve been done.

There are so few people around that there are moments when wearing a mask is simply dumb, but still required. But people are also dumb so I don’t know if the average guest would understand “put your mask on your chin in these situations, but not during these”. I’d also say ~25% don’t wear the mask over their nose most of the time. And I couldn’t keep it on my nose anytime I rode a ride with goggles or they’d fog. I’ll need a different mask with more ventilation out the sides instead of by my nose crease to fix that issue.

All in all, though; it’s been pretty cool. If you’re nervous about people with mouths exposed, don’t come. As there is ample eating/drinking while walking and in lines.

I’ll do a report afterwards. But I can tell you that @Joe hit the nail on the head on how the masks communication should’ve been done.

There are so few people around that there are moments when wearing a mask is simply dumb, but still required. But people are also dumb so I don’t know if the average guest would understand “put your mask on your chin in these situations, but not during these”. I’d also say ~25% don’t wear the mask over their nose most of the time. And I couldn’t keep it on my nose anytime I rode a ride with goggles or they’d fog. I’ll need a different mask with more ventilation out the sides instead of by my nose crease to fix that issue.

All in all, though; it’s been pretty cool. If you’re nervous about people with mouths exposed, don’t come. As there is ample eating/drinking while walking and in lines.
Myself, no vacations anywhere I have to wear a mask....and never Florida in the summer.....Is Strong Water Tavern open? That's my fav bar on property. Love the small plates too.

Press Release Pittsburgh Tribune: Arnold Palmer Regional Airport......
"Westmoreland County Airport Authority Executive Director Gabe Monzo, said Tuesday he's pleased with how
travel at the regional airport in Unity is taking off again. 'It's looking really good as far as leisure travel is concerned', he said.
On Thursday Spirit will resume direct flights between Latrobe and Orlando. Service to Orlando will increase from three days per week before the cessation of flights,
to five days per week"...............Note Arnold Palmer Airport is the smaller of the two commercial flight airports in the Pittsburgh area. Greater Pittsburgh,
is significantly larger. No recent info on their Orlando flight status.

Press Release Pittsburgh Tribune: Arnold Palmer Regional Airport......
"Westmoreland County Airport Authority Executive Director Gabe Monzo, said Tuesday he's pleased with how
travel at the regional airport in Unity is taking off again. 'It's looking really good as far as leisure travel is concerned', he said.
On Thursday Spirit will resume direct flights between Latrobe and Orlando. Service to Orlando will increase from three days per week before the cessation of flights,
to five days per week"...............Note Arnold Palmer Airport is the smaller of the two commercial flight airports in the Pittsburgh area. Greater Pittsburgh,
is significantly larger. No recent info on their Orlando flight status.
Ahh, my dream trip! PGH - MCO on Spirit! /s
I wouldn't have done that in my 20's

Ahh, my dream trip! PGH - MCO on Spirit! /s
I wouldn't have done that in my 20's
They used to have a layover in Charlotte but this is now direct....so it's even better....Actually it's a nice little airport. Easy to get to, no charge for parking, and security is 'fast' and not bothersome.....I thought that was pretty good news on the tourist demand.

Reactions: lowbudget
Not a peep from the Virginia parks, like Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Dominion. What's going on up there?

Busch Gardens Williamsburg hasn't put out an opening date that I've seen, but they did announce last week that reservations and masks will be required when the park does re-open.

Reactions: Journey_On
They used to have a layover in Charlotte but this is now direct....so it's even better....Actually it's a nice little airport. Easy to get to, no charge for parking, and security is 'fast' and not bothersome.....I thought that was pretty good news on the tourist demand.
Just commenting on the carrier

Reactions: Mad Dog
For @lowbudget: The airport also announced they will be announcing resumption of flights to Myrtle Beach within a couple of weeks. Good news for your people. Pittsburgers love Myrtle Beach.

And I couldn’t keep it on my nose anytime I rode a ride with goggles or they’d fog. I’ll need a different mask with more ventilation out the sides instead of by my nose crease to fix that issue.

But if your glasses fogged and you had to pull down your mask... then didn’t all the others do the same? In an enclosed building? Are you not concerned?

But if your glasses fogged and you had to pull down your mask... then didn’t all the others do the same? In an enclosed building? Are you not concerned?
From video's i've seen it has more to do with "wind" so if you are on a ride moving unless someone like spites of coughs the germs should not get onto you...not saying it can't happen but while moving its much harder.

I'd be more concerned with hand rails or hearing a cough, or being in show area because then the germs will just settle around the area unlike say a moving ride or outside where it has wind.

From video's i've seen it has more to do with "wind" so if you are on a ride moving unless someone like spites of coughs the germs should not get onto you...not saying it can't happen but while moving its much harder.

I'd be more concerned with hand rails or hearing a cough, or being in show area because then the germs will just settle around the area unlike say a moving ride or outside where it has wind.

It has been stated by scientists that this is less a touch virus and more of an airborne virus. Wind is something you find out of doors, where your breath will be decimated into the atmosphere in seconds... indoors, you have turbulent air effects... the same air turbulent-ing over and over again. It doesn’t really go anywhere... much like a Tyson meat plant or singing with a chorus in a church.

But I wish everyone the best of luck and good health. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drackman
Status
Not open for further replies.