Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been stated by scientists that this is less a touch virus and more of an airborne virus. Wind is something you find out of doors, where your breath will be decimated into the atmosphere in seconds... indoors, you have turbulent air effects... the same air turbulent-ing over and over again. It doesn’t really go anywhere... much like a Tyson meat plant or singing with a chorus in a church.

But I wish everyone the best of luck and good health. :)
and as Teebin & I basically stay shut down in our personal fiefdoms., except for food and plant trips....the world goes on :lol: .....I can count on ten fingers all the people I had contact with during the past three months that weren't in a supermarket or garden center brief encounter. :lol:

then didn’t all the others do the same?
Probably

Are you not concerned?
No.

I mean, we were the only ones on Gringotts. And Kong is every other row.
Simply put, 3D glasses are impractical with a mask. They fogged in every one- I’m sure there’s a mask that doesn’t but the two different styles I had both fogged immediately- worse if I breathed out through mouth.

So I went nose exposed and breathed in through nose and out through mouth. This is more of a it is what it is situation. If this would bother somebody, definitely don’t go. Because this seems pretty common from others I spoke to who have gone and Universal can’t really stop it.

It has been stated by scientists that this is less a touch virus and more of an airborne virus. Wind is something you find out of doors, where your breath will be decimated into the atmosphere in seconds... indoors, you have turbulent air effects... the same air turbulent-ing over and over again. It doesn’t really go anywhere... much like a Tyson meat plant or singing with a chorus in a church.

But I wish everyone the best of luck and good health. :)

I have not read a lot in these parts, but the family and I ventured out for the first time. I did read the other day that the Governor mentioned the folks here in West Palm must not know how to wear mask (we moved to WPB after they couldn't vote)...so we left the county for the day.

Folks do not seem to be too concerned w/ the airborness of a virus as no one seems concerned about covering their ears, hard to tell if someone knows to cover the eyes. I imagine the face shields are kind of smart.

urgh, I want to wait until the personal atmosphere's come out.

My first surprise was the Turnpike's rest area or the rest rooms. Every other sink, every other urinal, most of the stools just closed off.

We had breakfast at a McDonalds somewhere. Sad, there were more job seekers than customers.

Oh well, we at least own a pool now, just need to move on up....yeah!! I shall get to swim this weekend!!

Probably

No.

I mean, we were the only ones on Gringotts. And Kong is every other row.
Simply put, 3D glasses are impractical with a mask. They fogged in every one- I’m sure there’s a mask that doesn’t but the two different styles I had both fogged immediately- worse if I breathed out through mouth.

So I went nose exposed and breathed in through nose and out through mouth. This is more of a it is what it is situation. If this would bother somebody, definitely don’t go. Because this seems pretty common from others I spoke to who have gone and Universal can’t really stop it.
Universal asked on my post-visit survey (not confidential) if I removed my mask for 3D attractions. It's definitely something they're bracing for, but just know that doing this will bump capacity down for a cycle or two while the vehicle is sanitized.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of jobs being put on Universal's website, but I guess it just shows how much of a reserve they have of Part Time and Full Time employees that stayed. I remember that at the beginning of the crisis, people were making it seem like most TM's and CM's were leaving town and they wouldn't want their old jobs back, but that seems to have not come to fruition. I think what surprises me most about Uni is how they have most of their venues open with extra staff too.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of jobs being put on Universal's website, but I guess it just shows how much of a reserve they have of Part Time and Full Time employees that stayed. I remember that at the beginning of the crisis, people were making it seem like most TM's and CM's were leaving town and they wouldn't want their old jobs back, but that seems to have not come to fruition. I think what surprises me most about Uni is how they have most of their venues open with extra staff too.
Probably the issue is that there weren't any jobs to migrate to.....anywhere in the country.

For @lowbudget: The airport also announced they will be announcing resumption of flights to Myrtle Beach within a couple of weeks. Good news for your people. Pittsburgers love Myrtle Beach.
Our numbers are just about on par with 2019 at this point even with less flights into town. But hopefully more people bring higher nightly rates.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Universal has not brought back part time or seasonal team members yet. And it's looking like it might be a while before they do.

Question about virtual lines...

I saw some vlogs say that if you don’t get there early enough...people will book up rides like hagrids early and you don’t have a shot of getting on. Is this true?

Also, can you make multiple reservations in advance?

I saw some vlogs say that if you don’t get there early enough...people will book up rides like hagrids early and you don’t have a shot of getting on. Is this true?

Not true. Universal releases times throughout the day based on capacity and no shows.

For those in the LA area wanting to know slightly--Citywalk Hollywood will be only housing parking at the Jurassic Parking structure, and it will be free.

EDIT: Voodoo is going to be open for Universal Citywalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive

You can hold two VQs at a time (diff rides only). I got into my room at 1:30pm and had 3 choices to pick for hagrids at 3:30-4, 4-4:30 and 4:30-5. They opened up more throughout the day.

But right now you don’t need a VQ for anything except hagrids. Everything else is useless as they’re walk-on.
This was Gringotts at ~3pm yesterday:
DE26E889-0036-4625-AFFB-01C31AE00912.jpegCFB5366F-3E77-4AB5-A317-352FA727A70D.jpeg
and that’s my family in both pics- we were literally the only people there for “15 mins or virtual queue” on the app wait time.

On the professional side, I had heard rumors of their bonuses getting cut by 20-25% before any of this even went down (I know... cry me a river). Things weren't sunshine and lollipops from a staffing perspective to begin with. It's going to take a long time to work out the kinks - my guess is that internal mobility at Universal/Disney is pretty much shot for the next 12-18 months.

I think in the short term, unemployment benefits or paychecks for not working were enough to get front-line CMs/TMs to hang around Orlando to see how things play out. Are people going to stay into September/October/November with no government support and substantially fewer hours to go around in the city? Doubtful.

Nope, I got on Hagrid 3 times yesterday just by checking throughout the day. Hagrid had VL passes available for the end of the day for about 5-10 minutes at around 4

Reactions: HalfGlass
It's Hollywood's turn:

Am I the only one who finds it really weird this isn't really being promoted at all? I'm guessing there's some sensitivity to the unrest in Los Angeles at the moment, but I've heard nary a peep from any of the usual feeds or news sources that would otherwise be all over it. Universal itself seems to practically be pretending it isn't happening.

Reactions: Andysol
Am I the only one who finds it really weird this isn't really being promoted at all? I'm guessing there's some sensitivity to the unrest in Los Angeles at the moment, but I've heard nary a peep from any of the usual feeds or news sources that would otherwise be all over it. Universal itself seems to practically be pretending it isn't happening.
I literally came here for more info on this.

These forums are way better at communicating information than Universal...lol

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.