Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to Seaworld. Blech.

The only attractions open are the coasters and Infinity Falls, so all of the lines are obscenely long. The vast majority of people are either wearing their mask wrong or not wearing one at all. I didn't see a single employee correct anyone. No one cared at all. Zero social distancing, people walked right over stickers with no care at all. None of the coasters worked with my mask, it felt like it was gonna fly off everytime. Crowds felt worse than Universal somehow. I don't know if Seaworld is cutting down attendance at all. It certainly didn't feel like it.

I've been to Uni multiple times since open and have not felt unsafe. I felt unsafe every minute at Seaworld. If anything is gonna make me go full Teebin levels of paranoid it's gonna be the kind of lax behavior and policing I saw today. Seaworld in 2020 feels like a Six Flags park built out of the fading remnants of early IoA. Not going back for as long as we have to worry about all this.

Just watched Tim Tracker's Sea World vid and his experience is exactly the same. It's a shame

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
Just watched Tim Tracker's Sea World vid and his experience is exactly the same. It's a shame

I just watched it... what a repudiation he gives! I get the impression that Seaworld cannot afford to do this reopening thing correctly, with extra employees enforcing mask rules. It could be their undoing.

One thing that I have noticed a bit here in this tourist town, is that the majority of people who are coming seem a bit “low rent” and sans masks. Swap out my term for “ill-informed” if it makes you feel better.

I just watched it... what a repudiation he gives! I get the impression that Seaworld cannot afford to do this reopening thing correctly, with extra employees enforcing mask rules. It could be their undoing.

One thing that I have noticed a bit here in this tourist town, is that the majority of people who are coming seem a bit “low rent” and sans masks. Swap out my term for “ill-informed” if it makes you feel better.
Had to take a short trip with my bro to drop the car off for inspection, and he also needed to stop at the Agway hardware/farm store and the supermarket. In this part of Allegheny County the businesses have been enforcing the Governor's order mask requirement edict in stores to enter, though most people don't wear them when outdoors. Forgot my mask since I generally keep it in my Equinox. Anyway, we just went a couple of miles, crossing the Youghiegheny River into Westmoreland County, but it's another county and it's 'heavy tea party' territory. Even though the Governor has ordered masks be worn in business establishments, or you can't enter,....Guess what, though....of the many dozens of employees and customers at the three businesses, only one couple had masks on. We're only talking about a few miles away. So this mask thing looks kind of spotty, even here, depending on where you go, and what the feelings of the local population are....

Also, I don't know if it was just me, but I felt like it was also way understaffed..? Like, at Uni there is always at least one employee in line of sight to enforce the rules. At Seaworld we barely even saw team members working the height stands. Let alone any in major path/queue arteries. Definitely not enough to enforce rules, (which the existing TMs weren't doing either so :shrug:)

Hope I'm not coming off as being super negative just to be super negative, I was honestly hoping to have a good time. I was just really disappointed in how everything turned out today.

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
Also, I don't know if it was just me, but I felt like it was also way understaffed..? Like, at Uni there is always at least one employee in line of sight to enforce the rules. At Seaworld we barely even saw team members working the height stands. Let alone any in major path/queue arteries. Definitely not enough to enforce rules, (which the existing TMs weren't doing either so :shrug:)

Hope I'm not coming off as being super negative just to be super negative, I was honestly hoping to have a good time. I was just really disappointed in how everything turned out today.

That was the point I made... Seaworld cannot afford to staff this. I’m not even sure Disney can afford to pull off opening with necessary staffing with the months of low numbers that are coming. Tragic times for most businesses unless... you are a veterinarian.

Seaworld in 2020 feels like a Six Flags park built out of the fading remnants of early IoA.

Ironically (at least in the case of Six Flags Over Georgia), by multiple accounts Six Flags is handling procedures a lot more seriously than SeaWorld. Including not letting people ride if they're not wearing their mask by the time they check lap bars.

Either way, it's clear SW is unfortunately botching this. For myself and a bunch of friends I know, we're personally not gonna' hit up parks which would make us feel unsafe. Universal is making me feel a lot more comfortable for my HHN trip in September, but right now it's really the only park I'd be fine hitting up at the moment.

I just received the We Miss You email from Universal... buy 2 get 2 free deal. Now we just wait for the Rent a hotel room for 2 nights get 4 extra nights free and a free cheeseburger.

And of course...

KDj1DTR.jpg

Last edited:
I just received the We Miss You email from Universal... buy 2 get 2 free deal. Now we just wait for the Rent a hotel room for 2 nights get 4 extra nights free and a free cheeseburger.
Heck, must be pretty old records. You haven't been there for about 3 decades (? ;)), give or take a decade. ......:lol::)

A positive thing I just remembered is aren’t all the gift shops at the theme parks open door all the time? I’m thinking of the large shop in port of entry but I believe the others are as well... I would think this would create a constant supply of fresh outside air for buildings with multiple entrances.

A positive thing I just remembered is aren’t all the gift shops at the theme parks open door all the time? I’m thinking of the large shop in port of entry but I believe the others are as well... I would think this would create a constant supply of fresh outside air for buildings with multiple entrances.
I think some are and some aren't. I believe most of the small Potter shops at both Hogsmeade and Diagon usually have their doors closed. However Leaky Cauldron is always open by the tables area, which helps with the scent of food lingering outside and air conditioning escaping helping cool the air along the narrow Diagon street.

Yeah, Busch Gardens/Adventure Island aren't doing 50% capacity. With the lines and crowds I saw today, there's absolutely no way that they are.

For Busch Gardens, Cobras Curse and Montu had hour waits at noon. Cheetah Hunt had a 3 HOUR long line. Adventure Island was the same idea, the lazy river was full and Colossal Curl's line went all the way down the tower. Solar Vortex was even worse. No one was social distancing, so it's not like that's an excuse.

I enjoyed my day, but I'm not going back. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I need to keep me and my family and friends safe.

Mickey’s Not So Scary is cancelled. I guess it makes sense, event is pretty much just parades, shows and meet-and-greets - all things they won’t be having when they open anyway.

Mickey’s Not So Scary is cancelled. I guess it makes sense, event is pretty much just parades, shows and meet-and-greets - all things they won’t be having when they open anyway.
Yes, it would literally be MK at night if they moved forward with it

Status
Not open for further replies.