Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney cut live entertainment? No waaaaaay
Think about this logically - the parks are going to be pretty light on crowds - it's not like people are going to be packing theaters for their shows and in most cases it's indoors in a closed venue where one could argue they have they have the same problem. As long as these regular attractions phase back in, I get them not opening right away. They just shouldn't be charging full price for these parks though.

I will ask for those that have done Bourne since it's opened - how have you welt in there while watching or with their precautions? Because that theater is actually normally more packed than an average movie theater auditorium.

Reactions: Clive
Very interesting, especially concerning the Yacht Club and Grand Flo dates. Will the first round of the playoffs be done by that date? And what happens, on the extreme off-chance that an 8 seed beats a 1? Do they move hotels? That seems to defy the whole purpose of Distancing.

There's a more likely chance of this happening with the teams staying at the Grand Floridian. By my estimation, they seem to be opening about when the Conference Finals would be starting... but there's a few teams staying at the GF that could make it further in the payoffs to need to stay longer. So again, do they have the teams move to Gran Destino, or just cancel reservations? Moving hotels just seems to be completely against the purpose of this whole thing, so I have to imagine the NBA would put up the money to rent out the facility longer should the need arise.

They'll move hotels. The players are going to be on the court, skin to skin, breathing heavily on each other. If they don't transmit it that way, they sure won't by having a different maid and server at a restaurant.

Think about this logically - the parks are going to be pretty light on crowds - it's not like people are going to be packing theaters for their shows and in most cases it's indoors in a closed venue where one could argue they have they have the same problem. As long as these regular attractions phase back in, I get them not opening right away. They just shouldn't be charging full price for these parks though.

I will ask for those that have done Bourne since it's opened - how have you welt in there while watching or with their precautions? Because that theater is actually normally more packed than an average movie theater auditorium.
It was more of a jab at entertainment being cut at Epcot, for example

Obviously the factors are different. It's just very in character

Reactions: Andysol and Nick
They'll move hotels. The players are going to be on the court, skin to skin, breathing heavily on each other. If they don't transmit it that way, they sure won't by having a different maid and server at a restaurant.
The players may fight having to move though and it's a players game. The NBA has said they are willing to put up an extraordinary expense for this (Disney will be taking in a VERY pretty penny from the NBA - Possibly over $50M just to the mouse and $100M in total). I feel like the NBA will want to keep the players happy and they've said they are willing to spend what it takes to get this done.

So idk if they'd move hotels. Would Disney really argue if the NBA said they wanted to put down a few more weeks worth of "rent" for the hotel? The NBA is giving guaranteed money whereas the hotels will be fairly empty upon open to guests.

The players may fight having to move though and it's a players game. The NBA has said they are willing to put up an extraordinary expense for this (Disney will be taking in a VERY pretty penny from the NBA - Possibly over $50M just to the mouse and $100M in total). I feel like the NBA will want to keep the players happy and they've said they are willing to spend what it takes to get this done.

So idk if they'd move hotels. Would Disney really argue if the NBA said they wanted to put down a few more weeks worth of "rent" for the hotel? The NBA is giving guaranteed money whereas the hotels will be fairly empty upon open to guests.

The players move hotels all summer. Having to move once the whole time they are there probably isn't going to be a big deal to them. They all have friends on other teams. They are more likely to want to be in the same hotel for post game socializing. The one 8 seed left in YC after the first round isn't going to want to be the only people in the hotel.

The players move hotels all summer. Having to move once the whole time they are there probably isn't going to be a big deal to them. They all have friends on other teams. They are more likely to want to be in the same hotel for post game socializing. The one 8 seed left in YC after the first round isn't going to want to be the only people in the hotel.
You're probably right. Although i'm not as worried about the 8-seed as I am about a team like Houston or Philadelphia making it to the Conference Finals, both of which are at GF. I guess, assuming they move, still, how does that work? Gran Destino seems like it will be pretty packed, wouldn't they have to do some deep cleaning before players moved?

You're probably right. Although i'm not as worried about the 8-seed as I am about a team like Houston or Philadelphia making it to the Conference Finals, both of which are at GF. I guess, assuming they move, still, how does that work? Gran Destino seems like it will be pretty packed, wouldn't they have to do some deep cleaning before players moved?

Yeah, I'm sure they have a new protocol for normal room switchovers, and it'll probably be doubled before a player steps into a room. I'm more worried about the restaurants and bars than the rooms though. I can't imagine they are going to quarantine the staff in with the players. But hell, who knows, maybe they will.

That's if it even happens. There were already players who didn't want to do this. Now with Florida spiking and players from other sports getting positive tests, theres going to be even more pushback from the players from finishing the season. At this point, I'd be more surprised of it happening than not.

Yeah, I'm sure they have a new protocol for normal room switchovers, and it'll probably be doubled before a player steps into a room. I'm more worried about the restaurants and bars than the rooms though. I can't imagine they are going to quarantine the staff in with the players. But hell, who knows, maybe they will.

That's if it even happens. There were already players who didn't want to do this. Now with Florida spiking and players from other sports getting positive tests, theres going to be even more pushback from the players from finishing the season. At this point, I'd be more surprised of it happening than not.
I'm 50/50. Some players don't want to play for social reasons (which I disagree with on many levels, mostly because I think they have a bigger platform playing, but understand why they may not want to) and some are concerned about COVID. Some are more concerned about the simple stuff. I watched a clip on ESPN the other day - a player asked if they would be getting a Jacuzzi and was told no. He's hesitant on if he wants to do it just from that alone! But until LeBron says no, they're playing :lol:

I think ultimately they want this season to happen because it really needs to for money reasons. Even if it just means finishing out the regular season and maybe the playoffs just don't happen. The biggest thing is getting the regular season done for the players as there's a lot of money on the line not only this year, but going forward in future years that will be cut if they don't play.

Reactions: fryoj

Felt pretty safe yesterday. Physical distancing was maintained in the queue. In the theater we were sat every other row, with three seats between us and the next party (in our row).

There were two guests two rows in front of us who had the wristband and therefore the mask was not enforced for them.

At the end of all the shows, guests are to remain seated until directed to exit by TMs.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
Felt pretty safe yesterday. Physical distancing was maintained in the queue. In the theater we were sat every other row, with three seats between us and the next party (in our row).

There were two guests two rows in front of us who had the wristband and therefore the mask was not enforced for them.

At the end of all the shows, guests are to remain seated until directed to exit by TMs.
Wait, what wristband?

No idea... I should have avoided the shade and just said the one by SW - I think there are three on CFP so I was just trying to narrow it down to which one.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If a guest has a valid medical reason for why they cannot wear a mask, they can speak with Guest Services. Guest Services can issue a wristband to the guest.

This worries me, because if it's anything like having a "valid medical reason" for obtaining a guest assistance pass, there will be rampant abuse that actively endangers people before long.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you should not be at a theme park right now.

This worries me, because if it's anything like having a "valid medical reason" for obtaining a guest assistance pass, there will be rampant abuse that actively endangers people before long.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you should not be at a theme park right now.

:agree:

This 100%.

Reactions: Clive
Status
Not open for further replies.