Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you were going for here, but you’re speaking to the wrong crowd as it’s very likely not the people on this forum that are the problem and you posting this did more harm I’m afraid as I’d bet most of us didn’t know of this rumor before you posted (I know I didn’t).

FWIW, I did hear about it through Twitter, thought it might be true, and then read this...

I get what you were going for here, but you’re speaking to the wrong crowd as it’s very likely not the people on this forum that are the problem and you posting this did more harm I’m afraid as I’d bet most of us didn’t know of this rumor before you posted (I know I didn’t).

I shouldn't have said "stop" which implies we're spreading it here.

Found a reopening video from Thursday for hurricane harbor in San Antonio from the media:

The food line looked awful for distancing and mask wearing (VB has marked distancing and strict enforcement of masks for food ordering).
Also- the employee helping the people off raft had mask down around neck.

Six flags had really great guidelines but the combination of unenthusiastic six flags employees and the average six flags guest is a bad combo (don’t know how to say that without sounding like a dick)

Found a reopening video from Thursday for hurricane harbor in San Antonio from the media:

The food line looked awful for distancing and mask wearing (VB has marked distancing and strict enforcement of masks for food ordering).
Also- the employee helping the people off raft had mask down around neck.

Six flags had really great guidelines but the combination of unenthusiastic six flags employees and the average six flags guest is a bad combo (don’t know how to say that without sounding like a dick)
Makes you appreciate Universal. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Attractions/Shows not opening with the parks:

Socially-distant character cavalcade makes coming to all parks:

Just to reflect on some past expectations to this thread. ...Remember when Disney & Universal thought they'd be reopening in mid April.......seems like a lifetime ago....

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Attractions/Shows not opening with the parks:

Socially-distant character cavalcade makes coming to all parks:

So basically any live entertainment production is a goner, for now, along with a few other things they can afford to close (i.e. Launch Bay).

SIAP, but with all the reports about SWE being a bit lax on masks, a post on a certain other site made me think...could they be trying to appeal to a right wing, anti-mask crowd since they're (unfortunately) not very popular with people on the left? Sorry if politics isn't allowed, it was just a really thought-provoking question.

SIAP, but with all the reports about SWE being a bit lax on masks, a post on a certain other site made me think...could they be trying to appeal to a right wing, anti-mask crowd since they're (unfortunately) not very popular with people on the left? Sorry if politics isn't allowed, it was just a really thought-provoking question.
I haven't been since it's reopened, but I don't really think it's that deep from the footage I've seen. Really, I just don't think they have the finances (glances at Ice Breaker & Iron Gwazi's debts) to be properly staffed with enough people right now to really enforce it and even prior to COVID, SeaWorld was never really the pinnacle of customer service :lol:

Like @Tbad556 said, it’s probably just an issue with staffing-I wouldn’t think it’s any deeper than that.

Disney resort opening schedule:

July 10 – Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
July 29 – Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug. 12 – Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Aug. 24 – Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Sept. 21 – Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Oct. 1 – Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Oct. 14 – Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

So with the Poly not opening until August, and the Flo not opening until September, I'm guessing the Resort Monorail will not open with the Magic Kingdom since Contemporary is in walking distance. I have to wonder if any monorails will be running.

July 10 – Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Aug. 12 – Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

So with the Poly not opening until August, and the Flo not opening until September, I'm guessing the Resort Monorail will not open with the Magic Kingdom since Contemporary is in walking distance. I have to wonder if any monorails will be running.

They'll need one to get guests from the parking lots to the front gate won't they?

They'll need one to get guests from the parking lots to the front gate won't they?
Yes, the ferry boats are open air, and they could use parking trams as well if necessary (like they used to). People packing into enclosed monorail cars seems risky.

Yes, the ferry boats are open air, and they could use parking trams as well if necessary (like they used to). People packing into enclosed monorail cars seems risky.

I can't see the trams and ferries being enough for MK. Granted they will be limiting attendance, but idk if it would be enough without the monorail.

The buses to get them from the resorts the parks won't be any better than the Monorail. Then theres the whole skyliner issue. A lot of their transportation systems aren't friendly to the new reality.

Very interesting, especially concerning the Yacht Club and Grand Flo dates. Will the first round of the playoffs be done by that date? And what happens, on the extreme off-chance that an 8 seed beats a 1? Do they move hotels? That seems to defy the whole purpose of Distancing.

There's a more likely chance of this happening with the teams staying at the Grand Floridian. By my estimation, they seem to be opening about when the Conference Finals would be starting... but there's a few teams staying at the GF that could make it further in the payoffs to need to stay longer. So again, do they have the teams move to Gran Destino, or just cancel reservations? Moving hotels just seems to be completely against the purpose of this whole thing, so I have to imagine the NBA would put up the money to rent out the facility longer should the need arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.