Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any place that gets less than 50% of its revenue from alcohol can stay open. Basically only dive bars had to stop serving alcohol.

So, I suppose that, if money isn’t an issue, you can just keep ordering appetizers you have no intention of eating just so you can get a serious buzz on.

So, I suppose that, if money isn’t an issue, you can just keep ordering appetizers you have no intention of eating just so you can get a serious buzz on.
No.

It’s not 50% of a single order. It’s 50% of how much the establishment makes.

No.

It’s not 50% of a single order. It’s 50% of how much the establishment makes.

I still have no idea how Oga's possibly qualifies in this scenario - don't they only sell the glorified chex mix?

The Florida bar rule was quietly changed on July 1st. I believe the new rule is that bars can open as long as regular food is offered and it operates like a Table Service restaurant instead of a bar (or something like that). This is why places like Oga’s And Jock’s are clear, but places like Dockside Margaritas are still closed.

Reactions: Nick
Has anyone from this forum come from NY/NJ/CT and tried to check into a Universal Orlando resort hotel? I am looking for any information on whether or not they are giving people any problems due to the 14 day quarantine in Florida on folks coming from these 3 states. We are due to check in on July 20th.

Has anyone from this forum come from NY/NJ/CT and tried to check into a Universal Orlando resort hotel? I am looking for any information on whether or not they are giving people any problems due to the 14 day quarantine in Florida on folks coming from these 3 states. We are due to check in on July 20th.

From what I've heard, there's not really any enforcement, more of an "on your honor" kind of policy that has been enacted by states.

That being said, on behalf of all of us New England/Mid Atlantic residents, please take the 14 day quarantine post-Florida trip with some seriousness.

After all the work they did to redo the security areas, we're almost immediately back to tents for temperature screening:

Last edited:
I read a report that they were qualified to open under the new rule clarifications...

Small update on that this morning:

Unrelated, but it sounds like this is the cleaning process currently in attractions:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I get the idea, but I don’t think the upside of blocking airflow from one side of the plexiglass to the other offsets the downside that you may have just created little germ tunnels.

And congratulations on installing a ton of surfaces that will need to be wiped down.

With the supposed exception of no masks needed on Safari (which I expect to either be a one off driver or a quickly reversed policy) I am really impressed with Disney’s policies and execution. While we still have yet to see how Disney’s usual clientele will respond to this (we’ll get a taste during AP previews), this manages to set new industry standards. Universal was at the top of the industry’s safety standards before and this even manages to stand above them.

That said, I do hope they go and have non-character performers start wearing masks. Watching the Mickey cavalcade with unmasked dancers seemed a bit jarring to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.