Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for continuing to stray this thread off topic, but portrait video has become more and more acceptable over the past few years because of apps like Snapchat, Instagram Stories and TikTok. Short-form and as-it-happens video is primarily consumed on mobile devices these days, and the above mentioned apps are purpose built to share portrait oriented video.

This is exactly why I’m terrified for Disney’s reopening if Universal is pulling in decent attendance. We all know their fans are a bit more...loco and will swarm the parks just for new popcorn buckets. With DHS already at capacity for a few days, I don’t think Disney will be able to properly distance all the people who visit.
DHS is at capacity mostly because of its crazy low capacity. They accounted for the fact that most of its shows (aka most of its people eaters) are unavailable. Most of that park's attractions are projected to run between 1/2 and 2/3 of capacity (exceptions are Rise and Star Tours which are projected to be slightly lower than 1/2). Considering they don't want multi-hour lines forming (and they don't have the space for it either), DHS has a very low adjusted capacity. That paired with its new demand (due to its new attractions) are why it has seriously sold out for Passholders and sold out the most of any other park for everyone else.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
This is exactly why I’m terrified for Disney’s reopening if Universal is pulling in decent attendance. We all know their fans are a bit more...loco and will swarm the parks just for new popcorn buckets. With DHS already at capacity for a few days, I don’t think Disney will be able to properly distance all the people who visit.
most days have seemed real slow for USF, but a bit better for IOA.

IOA is crowded today. Everyone wearing masks. Most people even wearing them PROPERLY! Everyone is conscience of social distancing but at some of the choke points it's difficult. It is BY FAR the most crowded I have seen it since reopening. Here are a few pics that @Mad Dog requested.

20200704-113502.jpg

20200704-113633.jpg

20200704-113942-HDR.jpg

IOA is crowded today. Everyone wearing masks. Most people even wearing them PROPERLY! Everyone is conscience of social distancing but at some of the choke points it's difficult. It is BY FAR the most crowded I have seen it since reopening. Here are a few pics that @Mad Dog requested.

20200704-113502.jpg

20200704-113633.jpg

20200704-113942-HDR.jpg
:thumbsup:Thanks. the old Photo (Picture) worth a thousand words example. :cheers:

I can't see how Disney opens with numbers like these and hospitalizations increasing. Not just for health reasons but also the PR. Disney's reopening is going to be national news.
I think there's a good chance FL will see 20,000 new cases a day when WDW reopens.

My concern is going to be that people catch it and take it home with them.

The idea that WDW becomes the hub for a second wave is going to be a PR nightmare.

Reactions: Journey_On
My concern is going to be that people catch it and take it home with them.

The idea that WDW becomes the hub for a second wave is going to be a PR nightmare.

A certain DisTwitter person traveled to PA this weekend to go to Hersheypark and others. I worry more about him traveling from FL to PA and spreading the virus than anyone not wearing a mask correctly he was railing against.

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog
It's the bars, full stop.
I think it's a combo of things
- Bars opened (bad move)
- More people going to the store more frequently
- People staying inside because it's hot/family visiting for summer
- People gathering together at work

In my opinion, I feel the parks may be one of the toughest places to catch it right now
Publix and Target have me more on edge

Status
Not open for further replies.