Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That will catch a bunch of people that bought the masks with the valves.

UO has made some updates to their facial covering policy, effective tomorrow (7/22). Specifically, these are the updates:

The following are NOT permitted at Universal Orlando:
  • Face coverings with exhalation valves

I wonder if that applies to employees as well. I've seen quite a few wearing them.

• Wow
Reactions: Journey_On
So, I went to a theme park today for the first time since March. March 15th to be exact as I was at Universal on the last day of operation. Not smart in hindsight, especially since that was in the times before everyone was wearing masks.

Anyway, went to DAK and tomorrow have a reservation for MK. I felt pretty safe in the park, I liked how most things were handled and never found it tough to social distance. However, if I had to give a guesstimate, there was probably only somewhere around 7-8k in the park at most, and i'm probably being nice as I think there may have been less than 5k. It was DEAD. So much so that they were offering re-ride's on Flight of Passage through the fastpass queue (upon exit of first ride). I believe I rode the ride around 4 times and 3 times it was a walk on 5 minute wait. The other time was 20 minutes.

Dinoland is just sad. Dino-Rama is really built around Primeval Whirl and with that closed the area just is a ghost town and extreme waste of space. Problem is no big project is getting approved anytime soon with the park attendance where it is and the uncertainty of the economy.

As far as mask usage goes, other than a few people who were trying to get away with their mask being a bit loose or below their nose (I saw CMs handling most of the issues that I saw), it was probably 99.5% mask compliance with no issue. I also liked that the guest interacting CMs were wearing face shields - both for my safety and theirs.

Sorry to be so anal, but face shields on top of wearing masks?

Actually, that's getting pretty standard, especially in places where the outbreaks are high, and the employee is forced to have interactions with numerous people (servers, hotels, doctors/dentists, theme parks, etc.). I know when we ate at Bubba Gump in Citywalk Hollywood, they were wearing both. So did my dentist.

Let's be real, with the high infection rates, it's a given that they're interacting with people who have Covid and are likely asymptomatic. They need to protect themselves as much as possible. At least in California, they're now finding that most infections are happening either because: 1) not wearing masks, 2) people are still going to social/family gatherings, and 3) work.

So, I went to a theme park today for the first time since March. March 15th to be exact as I was at Universal on the last day of operation. Not smart in hindsight, especially since that was in the times before everyone was wearing masks.

Anyway, went to DAK and tomorrow have a reservation for MK. I felt pretty safe in the park, I liked how most things were handled and never found it tough to social distance. However, if I had to give a guesstimate, there was probably only somewhere around 7-8k in the park at most, and i'm probably being nice as I think there may have been less than 5k. It was DEAD. So much so that they were offering re-ride's on Flight of Passage through the fastpass queue (upon exit of first ride). I believe I rode the ride around 4 times and 3 times it was a walk on 5 minute wait. The other time was 20 minutes.

Dinoland is just sad. Dino-Rama is really built around Primeval Whirl and with that closed the area just is a ghost town and extreme waste of space. Problem is no big project is getting approved anytime soon with the park attendance where it is and the uncertainty of the economy.

As far as mask usage goes, other than a few people who were trying to get away with their mask being a bit loose or below their nose (I saw CMs handling most of the issues that I saw), it was probably 99.5% mask compliance with no issue. I also liked that the guest interacting CMs were wearing face shields - both for my safety and theirs.

Wow, I'm about to be out to AK then. 4 rides on FOP back to back, that's insane. I should take advantage of this while I can. I'm just wasting my AP.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wow, I'm about to be out to AK then. 4 rides on FOP back to back, that's insane. I should take advantage of this while I can. I'm just wasting my AP.
Well I didn't ride all 4 back to back, but could've if I wanted to. I split it 2 earlier in the day and 2 before leaving.

NRJ actually had a longer line than FoP all day as they can only fit one family per boat with distancing. And also the boats are tiny as hell and whoever designed them obviously doesn't go to the parks. That said, maybe it's just because I haven't been on the ride in probably a couple years, but I thought it was better than the low bar I had for it. The first few scenes actually remind me of Pirates in a way... but then nothing happens on the ride. If it had been a bit longer and more of a story to the ride, this ride could've easily worked. I think they Imagineers were forced to have the ride be more abstract due to Cameron's way he sees Pandora and it hurt the whole ride.

Reactions: Clive and snayberry
Well I didn't ride all 4 back to back, but could've if I wanted to. I split it 2 earlier in the day and 2 before leaving.

NRJ actually had a longer line than FoP all day as they can only fit one family per boat with distancing. And also the boats are tiny as hell and whoever designed them obviously doesn't go to the parks. That said, maybe it's just because I haven't been on the ride in probably a couple years, but I thought it was better than the low bar I had for it. The first few scenes actually remind me of Pirates in a way... but then nothing happens on the ride. If it had been a bit longer and more of a story to the ride, this ride could've easily worked. I think they Imagineers were forced to have the ride be more abstract due to Cameron's way he sees Pandora and it hurt the whole ride.
Agree with you on NRJ. I thought it was a beautiful ride, but way too short. An extra minute or two would have been enough to have a story to back up the relaxing & enjoyable visuals. Not worth a long
wait, but a 20 minute line, which seems to be the norm since the covid limited park reopened, isn't bad. Every time I've looked at the TP app., it's line has been longer than FOP, which seems to have settled in at 10 minutes most of the day.

Agree with you on NRJ. I thought it was a beautiful ride, but way too short. An extra minute or two would have been enough to have a story to back up the relaxing & enjoyable visuals. Not worth a long
wait, but a 20 minute line, which seems to be the norm since the covid limited park reopened, isn't bad. Every time I've looked at the TP app., it's line has been longer than FOP, which seems to have settled in at 10 minutes most of the day.
Yup, I waited about 20 minutes for it (constantly moving). There wasn't many actual groups of people in line, it's just the fact that everyone gets their own boat that causes an issue. Longest I saw NRJ at was 30 and longest I saw FoP at was 20. NRJ was never lower than FoP. So TP is pretty accurate based on my experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
So a Neck Gaiter with an additional (removable) filter inside and ear loops would or wouldn't count as acceptable for Universal?

NRJ > FoP

FB46tf.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
I want to make mention about Disney’s Relaxation Stations. They are wayyyyy too small and pretty crowded here at MK.

I was also surprised by the location of some of them -DAK in particular. The one in Asia was at a former boat dock (Upcountry Landing). It’s a pretty small space.

Meanwhile, the RoL Amphitheatre was open on both the Asia and Dinoland side to guests, but masks required. That’s, imo, the perfect place to allow people to take off their masks while distanced. Large, open-air and there would be two locations. I guess I just don’t get Disney’s logic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.