Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make mention about Disney’s Relaxation Stations. They are wayyyyy too small and pretty crowded here at MK.

I was also surprised by the location of some of them -DAK in particular. The one in Asia was at a former boat dock (Upcountry Landing). It’s a pretty small space.

Meanwhile, the RoL Amphitheatre was open on both the Asia and Dinoland side to guests, but masks required. That’s, imo, the perfect place to allow people to take off their masks while distanced. Large, open-air and there would be two locations. I guess I just don’t get Disney’s logic there.

I don't get their logic in thinking indoor dining is okay, either, but here we are.

I don't get their logic in thinking indoor dining is okay, either, but here we are.
Some places are closed like The Plaza and Casey’s Corner as they both have small interiors.

Personally, I are inside at Restaurantosaurus yesterday and Pecks Bill today. In both instances had no problem finding a seat that was really anywhere near anyone, although I understand the risk indoors.

Places like Be Our Guest and other sit downs don’t need to be open though.

Some places are closed like The Plaza and Casey’s Corner as they both have small interiors.

Personally, I are inside at Restaurantosaurus yesterday and Pecks Bill today. In both instances had no problem finding a seat that was really anywhere near anyone, although I understand the risk indoors.

Places like Be Our Guest and other sit downs don’t need to be open though.

I say to this to you and anyone reading this - that does not mean you are safe. We are discovering any indoor space that uses air conditioning recirculates the air. You can still breathe in COVID particles from someone sufficiently distanced from you.

There's a reason some states have barred indoor dining and are sticking with outdoor dining.

I say to this to you and anyone reading this - that does not mean you are safe. We are discovering any indoor space that uses air conditioning recirculates the air. You can still breathe in COVID particles from someone sufficiently distanced from you.

There's a reason some states have barred indoor dining and are sticking with outdoor dining.
I agree and understand, which is why I said I understood the risk of eating indoors even if spaced.

I will not even try to argue you on that because you are 100% correct.

Just stumbled across this and thought it was relevant to this conversation (along with the FOP re-rides being mentioned the other day)

DAK was most certainly dead as a door nail yesterday. Like I mentioned, i'd wager there was less than 5k in the park. MK today was definitely busier (to be expected), but being in the park from 11-6:30, I was still able to ride pretty much everything in the park with no more than a 30 minute wait. I pretty much did all rides in the park except for the spinners and carousel. Only "show" we did was Carousel of Progress. We were able to do it all with relative ease too, it felt nice. I haven't spent a day just doing all the rides at MK in idk how long. Normally I just come, ride the people mover, ride whatever I have a fastpass for and then leave (I couldn't even do that today as it was closed).

I was talking about it and I don't think there's any way Fastpass comes back free. Now that it's gone for now and crowds are getting used to these low wait times, they're gonna want it all the time. That's where Disney swoops in with the cash grab and says "if you want short lines you have to pay because we're gonna artificially inflate the line again suckers"

Looking at Touring Plans app just now, it looks like the Saturday crowds are pretty decent for MK, IOA & USF. Line times are significantly longer than the slow week days . Seems these Saturday crowds, adjusted for covid capacity of course, have become
the norm. :thumbsup:

Looking at Touring Plans app just now, it looks like the Saturday crowds are pretty decent for MK, IOA & USF. Line times are significantly longer than the slow week days . Seems these Saturday crowds, adjusted for covid capacity of course, have become
the norm. :thumbsup:
Us locals like the parks, but not enough to take off work apparently.

Us locals like the parks, but not enough to take off work apparently.
Yup. This photo kinda says it all about weekday ops pretty much all parks not named Magic Kingdom. Not that it's insane or anything at MK, but I was at MK around the same exact time that pic was taken of USF and the crowds were light to moderate, but it wasn't dead. Even that dissipated quickly after lunch, though.

Disney getting hammered by the Actors Equity Association:

“If Disneyland has postponed, it is unclear how Walt Disney World can responsibly move toward reopening when coronavirus cases are much worse in Florida,” said Mary McColl, executive director of Actors’ Equity Association. The union is calling for regular testing and face masks for their members, a request Disney has reportedly denied. Disney has stated that they want to bring back live stage shows to the theme parks, but an agreement hasn’t been made yet and the Actors’ Equity Association is taking to social media with a new video highlighting the dangers of reopening a theme park during a global pandemic.

Glad the CDC told everyone to stay inside for two months then!

Status
Not open for further replies.