This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USH just announced that at 9 PM on 4th of July they will have a firework show and also live music

Seems like they have moved past doing multiple shows, int he past we have seen them do it on a few days around the 4th but this and last year were just on the day of the Holiday

At least from what I can see no hours for July are not out yet and nothing has been announced for USH summer yet.

New Ticket Deal for USH

Buy a Day, Get a 2nd Day FREE

• 1-Day General Admission ticket +1-Day Free (First Visit Valid on Selected Date Only)
  • No Blackout dates on first visit
  • The following 2024 blackout dates apply to return visits only: July 6, 13, 20, 27; Sept 7, 14, 21, 28; Oct 5, 12, 19, 26; Nov 27, 29, 30; Dec 1
  • All Park visits must be completed on or before December 18, 2024.
  • Valid at Universal Studios Hollywood, located in Los Angeles, California.

Beginning today, Universal Studios Hollywood is offering guests a Buy A Day, Get A 2nd Day Free General Admission ticket, available now through October 9, 2024.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Beginning today, Universal Studios Hollywood is offering guests a Buy A Day, Get A 2nd Day Free General Admission ticket, available now through October 9, 2024.

Kind of surprised to see a deal like this at all in the modern theme park landscape.

Reactions: Freak and marip123
Most parks are feeling the end of the revenge travel era.
I mean yes but also I think the lack of a new attraction this year and no summer event doesn't help

I think if parks are fine with slower years then cool but if you want to be bringing people in every year, you need something new....a show, ride something and the 60th while cool seems to not hit the mark drawing people

Honestly I could be wrong but if the 60th was the Tram and the Plaza having new limited time shows and characters, I think that would draw people but Both Disneyland and USH seem to want to just do deals over making new entertainment or attractions offers this year. (I know Splash is opening later this year....during the Holidays which doesn't need something to boost attendance)

I get that but still, USH seemed to be on an attendance upswing with Super Nintendo World.

They definitely need to announce more expansions.
For real, like whats next year? Because we don't have the coaster now....and even then if Nintendo up swing only got people for a little over a year and that was land....one attraction 3 years after that seems like to me...like a band-aid over solving the issue USH needs to be be adding more lands and updating more attractions.....DE, Dream Works Theater and so on.

The summer event is the 60th Anniversary Tour celebration.

Overall tourism is down, so Universal Studios Hollywood attendance is dipping. The park's core audience is still out-of-state tourists.

I do think losing two shows for multiple years ahead of a coaster was a puzzling move when they apparently had no move to make up any of that capacity in the meantime.

The summer event is the 60th Anniversary Tour celebration.

Overall tourism is down, so Universal Studios Hollywood attendance is dipping. The park's core audience is still out-of-state tourists.

I do think losing two shows for multiple years ahead of a coaster was a puzzling move when they apparently had no move to make up any of that capacity in the meantime.
Per people I've talked to the new Tram stuff is cool but it's one and done

I also seem more and more people not getting off the tram.

I just think the event should have been bigger like I said add a mini stunt show and animal show to the plaza along with meeting Woody, Doc Brown and other classic characters

Or....you know capitalize on Minions 4 and have a Minions event in the Plaza. The DE films just make about a billion dollars each time one comes out.

I just think the event should have been bigger like I said add a mini stunt show and animal show to the plaza along with meeting Woody, Doc Brown and other classic characters

Or....you know capitalize on Minions 4 and have a Minions event in the Plaza. The DE films just make about a billion dollars each time one comes out.
why would any of these things be less one and done than the studio tour?

Per people I've talked to the new Tram stuff is cool but it's one and done

I also seem more and more people not getting off the tram.

Read what I said above again. The park’s core audience is out-of-town tourists. One and done is all they need.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Read what I said above again. The park’s core audience is out-of-town tourists. One and done is all they need.
I mean, if USH is happy with things cool but to me these Deals at Disneyland and USH show they are not giving the people what they need to draw people in post covid

We had some good years after Covid thats done, so either you make deals or provide consumers with more exciting offering in the park

why would any of these things be less one and done than the studio tour?
People saw the animal actor show and special effects all the time.....its more its a real to get in a plane and pay for USH. Getting off the tram for some photo's is cool but clearly wasnt enough to draw people to come in without doing deals.

I mean, if USH is happy with things cool but to me these Deals at Disneyland and USH show they are not giving the people what they need to draw people in post covid

We had some good years after Covid thats done, so either you make deals or provide consumers with more exciting offering in the park

People saw the animal actor show and special effects all the time.....its more its a real to get in a plane and pay for USH. Getting off the tram for some photo's is cool but clearly wasnt enough to draw people to come in without doing deals.
Disney World is about to open one of the most highly talked about attractions and they’re also expecting a soft summer.

Disney World is about to open one of the most highly talked about attractions and they’re also expecting a soft summer.
A few things to note
1) Princess and the Frog is not a big IP
2) No one asked for the ride to be redone and while I'm sure most people will like it, its not something you fly to Florida for
3) Reviews are mixed and you can watch the ride online
4) Epic Universe is next year, thats when I plan on paying the dough to go to WDW and USF

I want to really clarify here why I've been pushing for the major IPs I have, they have fans....not just fans but life long fans who will travel to see X character or be in a land or ride based on said IP. I think like Video games, movies and many other media right now you can spend lots of money and hope thats enough but you need to listen to consumers on what they want

It costs a lot to travel and go tot he parks now, so think parks now have to be more careful with what they spend money on in the parks. Nintendo, Potter, Frozen, seem to be pretty safe bets which is why a rumor for Disney Forward is Frozen area/land.

If USH is happy with going back to coke can deals then continue on the current path and enjoy what your making but if you want growth, you need to pull more people side and look at the data available and focus on what will draw people and stop telling us what we want.

I love USH, I literally go.....weekly now. But doesn't mean I think its being run at 100 percent, I go enough to see people miss entertainment and shows from the park, which HHN seems to be trying to fix for it's event and love them for that but outside of Grinchmas and HHN they seem unwilling to make any other events to draw people in when its not crowded or spend less and hope deal draw people.

I vote for spending more to make more because we all benefit from that

A few things to note
2) No one asked for the ride to be redone and while I'm sure most people will like it, its not something you fly to Florida for
4) Epic Universe is next year, thats when I plan on paying the dough to go to WDW and USF

I want to really clarify here why I've been pushing for the major IPs I have, they have fans....not just fans but life long fans who will travel to see X character or be in a land or ride based on said IP. I think like Video games, movies and many other media right now you can spend lots of money and hope thats enough but you need to listen to consumers on what they want

It costs a lot to travel and go tot he parks now, so think parks now have to be more careful with what they spend money on in the parks. Nintendo, Potter, Frozen, seem to be pretty safe bets which is why a rumor for Disney Forward is Frozen area/land.

If USH is happy with going back to coke can deals then continue on the current path and enjoy what your making but if you want growth, you need to pull more people side and look at the data available and focus on what will draw people and stop telling us what we want.

I love USH, I literally go.....weekly now. But doesn't mean I think its being run at 100 percent, I go enough to see people miss entertainment and shows from the park, which HHN seems to be trying to fix for it's event and love them for that but outside of Grinchmas and HHN they seem unwilling to make any other events to draw people in when its not crowded or spend less and hope deal draw people.

I vote for spending more to make more because we all benefit from that

Got it. We continue to move the goal posts.

Got it. We continue to move the goal posts.
I'm not moving anything if they want to just keep things like this then go ahead

I'm not the market but I know when the market is saying your not offering enough and it's when you offer deals, Disneyland is in the same boat and makes sense they have had no new attraction since Mickey, and the Pixar event isn't reviewing that well

wrong!
wrong again! twice in one bullet!
reviews are mixed from terminally online weirdos, not the actual audience!
few outside of these terminally online weirdos even knows epic universe is happening!

I'll defer to the management of theme parks that are consistently among the best attended in the world rather than rely on jerrodnomics.

wrong!
few outside of these terminally online weirdos even knows epic universe is happening!

I'll defer to the management of theme parks that are consistently among the best attended in the world rather than rely on jerrodnomics.
Princess and the Frog is a Big IP?
Who asked for one of the most loved rides to be changed?
The Audience isn't showing up so, I guess the reviews are more mixed then you think. If it was amazing word of mouth would be telling me I must see it
I mean we will see next year, if attendance is wayyyyy up next year maybe more people then you think know about Epic Universe or it's even more insane if people just find out about it and go means once again this new attraction isn't what consumers wanted because people seem to show up to attractions they want SNW data backs that up

On Topic, just to make sure I'm not just forgetting this is the first general ticket deal for USH since SNW correct? Also I don't remember but also don't remember them doing deals since Covid on general tickets but if I'm wrong on that please let me know.

wrong!

As a terminally online weirdo I approve this message ;)