This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Princess and the Frog is a Big IP?
Who asked for one of the most loved rides to be changed?
The Audience isn't showing up so, I guess the reviews are more mixed then you think. If it was amazing word of mouth would be telling me I must see it
I mean we will see next year, if attendance is wayyyyy up next year maybe more people then you think know about Epic Universe or it's even more insane if people just find out about it and go means once again this new attraction isn't what consumers wanted because people seem to show up to attractions they want SNW data backs that up

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 11.52.12.png
and the ride isn't even open yet! what are you talking about?

edit: forgot to link to the article!

Last edited:
Then please its a forums, what do you all think would draw more people? Would love to hear ideas but many just criticize without saying what they would do with the park and how they would increase traffic to the park

Princess and the Frog is a Big IP?
Who asked for one of the most loved rides to be changed?
The Audience isn't showing up so, I guess the reviews are more mixed then you think. If it was amazing word of mouth would be telling me I must see it
I mean we will see next year, if attendance is wayyyyy up next year maybe more people then you think know about Epic Universe or it's even more insane if people just find out about it and go means once again this new attraction isn't what consumers wanted because people seem to show up to attractions they want SNW data backs that up

On Topic, just to make sure I'm not just forgetting this is the first general ticket deal for USH since SNW correct? Also I don't remember but also don't remember them doing deals since Covid on general tickets but if I'm wrong on that please let me know.

Yes, Princess and the Frog - specifically Tiana - is a big IP. It may be not be a big IP to you, personally, but she is a major component of the extremely lucrative Disney Princess brand.

We are not going to regurgitate the Splash Mountain discourse. It was not beloved by everyone, and it had baggage that could no longer be ignored.

The ride is not open yet. I think Tiana looks like a disappointment, but you lose practically all of your credibility when you say something like that.

Attendance is down in parks basically across the board. Predictably, parks are offering deals. Yes, I would love constant new additions, and the Fast and Furious delay is a major bummer that'll probably impact attendance next year, but I live in the real world, and it is what it is.

Then please its a forums, what do you all think would draw more people? Would love to hear ideas but many just criticize without saying what they would do with the park and how they would increase traffic to the park

Perhaps a ticketing deal, which is what they are doing!

It may be not be a big IP to you

I really wanna emphasize this part of @Clive’s great post, because I believe this is something that we’ve addressed with you in the past, and I feel like it’s something we’re having to continue to reiterate—if something is not a big deal to *you* that *does not mean* that it isn’t a big deal to anyone else. We all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Example: I don’t care much for Nintendo, now do you see me claiming at all anywhere that it’s not a popular IP? No, because that’s simply not true. Just because *I* don’t personally play video games, that absolutely *does not mean* that they’re unpopular with other people.

I really, really hope that’s something we can try to remember for future discussions.

I really wanna emphasize this part of @Clive’s great post, because I believe this is something that we’ve addressed with you in the past, and I feel like it’s something we’re having to continue to reiterate—if something is not a big deal to *you* that *does not mean* that it isn’t a big deal to anyone else. We all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Example: I don’t care much for Nintendo, now do you see me claiming at all anywhere that it’s not a popular IP? No, because that’s simply not true. Just because *I* don’t personally play video games, that absolutely *does not mean* that they’re unpopular with other people.

I really, really hope that’s something we can try to remember for future discussions.
I've said in past posts....Princess and the Frog in my my top 5 Disney animated films

I have no hate for the characters but I was there...that film's box office was not good. (I mean they let Pooh come out but basically this film performance killed 2D at Disney...again)

My question is can you say an IP is big if it doesn't draw people? I'm happy more people like the film now but it was not Frozen or even Tangled levels big when it came out and I just don't see merch with the characters on it in the park but seen Elsa, the little mermaid and so on.
To me if you can draw people you are big but if people just say they like it but don't buy merch and don't go to support your movie or ride then its still big?
Also someone else brought up the ride and linked it trying to say WDW is looking like a slow summer and my point is many times redoing an attraction is not enough to draw people to the parks

I mean, clearly Disney wouldn’t have invested in a Princess and the Frog ride if their internal studies and discussions and on and on didn’t suggest it will draw people in. It’s not like one person unilaterally decided, “Let’s retheme Splash to Princess!” and everyone at Disney scratched their heads, baffled and thinking no one will come, and went along with it.

Tron is a good example of a property that’s not huge, but they made it a coaster and it drew people in. The people who get paid to make these decisions have access to more info than people on forums going, “But how!? And why!?” for the same exact reason Universal knows an F&F coaster is going to draw people in despite you making it clear you don’t like that IP.

Reactions: Jake S and Allison
I've said in past posts....Princess and the Frog in my my top 5 Disney animated films

I have no hate for the characters but I was there...that film's box office was not good. (I mean they let Pooh come out but basically this film performance killed 2D at Disney...again)

My question is can you say an IP is big if it doesn't draw people? I'm happy more people like the film now but it was not Frozen or even Tangled levels big when it came out and I just don't see merch with the characters on it in the park but seen Elsa, the little mermaid and so on.
To me if you can draw people you are big but if people just say they like it but don't buy merch and don't go to support your movie or ride then its still big?
Also someone else brought up the ride and linked it trying to say WDW is looking like a slow summer and my point is many times redoing an attraction is not enough to draw people to the parks

It does draw people and it was pointed out to you, with proof, by @Jake S in this thread already. If you choose to ignore that Tiana is a popular character that’s your choice, but it goes against the facts and continues the cycle of having to explain to you that your opinion is not gospel and should not be treated by everyone else as such.

It does draw people and it was pointed out to you, with proof, by @Jake S in this thread already. If you choose to ignore that Tiana is a popular character that’s your choice, but it goes against the facts and continues the cycle of having to explain to you that your opinion is not gospel and should not be treated by everyone else as such.
I read it, she is number two in the black female audience.

Thats Wonderful, I would love to see combing all the fans demo's together where she lands.

Then I was misinformed, had no Idea WDW was drawing so many guests from this attraction excited to see them post higher then normal summer numbers at the end of the quarter. I once again love the film and no hate for it.
Tron is a good example of a property that’s not huge, but they made it a coaster and it drew people in. The people who get paid to make these decisions have access to more info than people on forums going, “But how!? And why!?” for the same exact reason Universal knows an F&F coaster is going to draw people in despite you making it clear you don’t like that IP.
Tron is a great example of it...and so was splash.

Hey I hope I'm wrong for USH sake, we will find out in 16 months if it draws in as many people as the last attraction added cool, I'll say I was wayyyy off on this one I have no problems when I'm wrong and data shows me. All I know is the IP I love has for 5 quarters basically helped USH kill it and USJ also did well because of SNW.

I read it, she is number two in the black female audience.

Thats Wonderful, I would love to see combing all the fans demo's together where she lands.

Then I was misinformed, had no Idea WDW was drawing so many guests from this attraction excited to see them post higher then normal summer numbers at the end of the quarter. I once again love the film and no hate for it.

Tron is a great example of it...and so was splash.

Hey I hope I'm wrong for USH sake, we will find out in 16 months if it draws in as many people as the last attraction added cool, I'll say I was wayyyy off on this one I have no problems when I'm wrong and data shows me. All I know is the IP I love has for 5 quarters basically helped USH kill it and USJ also did well because of SNW.

Yeah - because Nintendo attractions grow on trees. Just please stop it with the Nintendo stuff.

this seems to stem from the reductionist idea that every theme park attraction should be about broadly maximizing the group it appeals to. while appealing to a broad base is, obviously, a fine strategy it’s that exact kind of reductionist thinking that left Disney parks excessively white for the majority of its existence.

it’s important to create a broad portfolio of experiences that appeal to a broad array of guests. that will mean building attractions to appeal more niche audiences at times. no one is saying that magic kingdom is about to have its best attendance year. what we’re saying is that tiana appeals to a group of fans who have had precious little targeted toward them in the 70 year history of this company.

ignoring very real systemic impacts on attendance because it suits what you want is a pretty common trope of your posts. you don’t have to agree with anyone who disagrees with your posts, but I would ask you take a step back and consider what people are saying rather than insisting your original point is correct.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I just saw the video of the guy on the Lower Lot punching one of the employees who confronted him yesterday after he (apparently) was hitting his wife, to the point she was on the ground (you can see her at the start of the video) and employees had to intervene. Absolutely ridiculous. If anyone has more context, I'd love to hear it -- from what I've gleaned, the guy was arrested and charges were pressed against him by her (and he allegedly had an unregistered gun in his car that she reported him on, too).

Just a warning if you watch the video: It's heartbreaking hearing his daughter be dragged away by him as she cries for "mommy." I can't imagine what life must be like for the mother and the daughter where even going to a theme park with this guy turns into a nightmare, and I also feel for the employee who had to eat a punch just for trying to do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he gets a lifetime Ban and not his kids

Also no clue what the TM actions are for this but man, to punch in the face some working at a theme park....god

Also are their security people near by on the lower lot?

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I just saw the video of the guy on the Lower Lot punching one of the employees who confronted him yesterday after he (apparently) was hitting his wife, to the point she was on the ground (you can see her at the start of the video) and employees had to intervene. Absolutely ridiculous. If anyone has more context, I'd love to hear it -- from what I've gleaned, the guy was arrested and charges were pressed against him by her (and he allegedly had an unregistered gun in his car that she reported him on, too).

Just a warning if you watch the video: It's heartbreaking hearing his daughter be dragged away by him as she cries for "mommy." I can't imagine what life must be like for the mother and the daughter where even going to a theme park with this guy turns into a nightmare, and I also feel for the employee who had to eat a punch just for trying to do the right thing.
Also, appreciate everyone continuing to be delicate and respectful on this topic. This is news, so open to discussion, but lets be cautious.

I hope he gets a lifetime Ban and not his kids

Also no clue what the TM actions are for this but man, to punch in the face some working at a theme park....god

Also are their security people near by on the lower lot?
They are. Just can’t be everywhere at once. This happens actually more than you think. I’m just surprised an employee got this on film. ( these things never get out usually)

They are. Just can’t be everywhere at once. This happens actually more than you think. I’m just surprised an employee got this on film. ( these things never get out usually)
I was just asking because I know I've seen them in the upper lot...but I did see one yesterday in the lower lot near Jurassic

Also yeah its rare, I caught one on video of people fighting in Hogsmeade but it was just two teen guys so nothing I felt was worth pushing out there but that was my first time seeing one in real life break out and the TMs surrounded the guys fighting telling them to stop and waving people to keep moving