Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was walking by the Triceratops Encounter entrance(this was the last time I was at IOA, which was for HHN on the 26th), and I was talking to a friend about how there used to be a ride there, and all of a sudden an employee jumped in the conversation with a "Yeah, it's going to reopen soon". We then talked about it, and he said they were working on one of the "paddocks". Very exciting.

Very interesting. It definitely looks like there's something to this rumor, then.

About the Skipper's boat (which unfortunately I've never had the pleasure to try) I think that will be reopened because of two reasons:
1) the new double park-map features again the boats in the lagoon;
2) I have a couple of photos that show that the entrance to the attraction has been repainted:

100_4202.JPG

100_4203.JPG

About Triceratop Encounter unfortunately i have no clue...

Even more interesting. Great job, Sam.

Very interesting. It definitely looks like there's something to this rumor, then.

Even more interesting. Great job, Sam.

Great pics, Sam. Yeah, I have to agree with Drew on this. 2010 will give more details, I'm sure. Can someone post or link the double-park map that shows the boats in the lagoon again?

Here you can see the new map: (I'm very sorry for the low quality of the pictures, but unfortunately I couldn't use the scanner, so I had to take a picture of it...)

100_4659.JPG

100_4659.JPG

100_4654.JPG

100_4655.JPG

100_4656.JPG

Last edited:
It amazes me after all these years they havent converted the tric encounter to trees on the map, when Flying Unicorn and the rest of Merlin woods plaza vanished in a matter of days. I think that might give us some hope, even the entrance to the pathway leading into it is still seen on the map!

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, because I would love to see both of these attractions return, but I don't recall ever seeing a park map with the boats removed. Does anyone have one?

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, because I would love to see both of these attractions return, but I don't recall ever seeing a park map with the boats removed. Does anyone have one?

Actually yes, since today, I've never seen these boats, while the triceratops encounter was never removed from the map...
For example, take a look to this map (the previous one of november):

100_4660.JPG

100_4661.JPG

As you can see, there weren't the skipper's boat, so it may reopen soon...

It would be awesome to have the Triceratops Encounter reopened, I know my kid would love it and that would give him and gramma something to do while me and mom are at WWoHP. I hope that there will be some things that take attention and visitors away from WWoHP, to thin out crowds. The Island Skipper sounds great, I always wanted boats to take us to Hogwarts, that sounds exciting, a little adventure in itself.

One of those, are one of the boats. I have no idea about the other. Also, having Trike Encounter back would be amazing! The only place I can even experience it anymore is from my IOA viewfinder.

Man, I would love to see the Skipper Boat Tour return. Thanks for pointing that out, Samuele.

As for Triceratops Encounter, I would really like to see it return. I thought it was a great attraction, fit for everyone. Where has everyone heard these rumors of its return?

skipperboats.jpg

Are these the skipper boats? I've known about them, I just don't have any memory of ever seeing them.
GetMap.ashx

and now they're gone! you can tell this pic(2) is fairly recent because of the checkerboard roof for suess's trolly...and the trolly trains. if you look at TombraiderTy's pic (1) you can see that the roof isn't and there aren't any trollies.