Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The future sure is bright, this expansion might convince me to make a true vacation out of Disney World again. Currently, I have no plans to go back unless I happen to be in Orlando when an after hours event for DHS or MK lines up right.

I'd rather have the proper Mystic Manor in Adventureland.
We severely lack the S.E.A. connection/backstory, which is what would really sell it for Adventureland. Especially with Jungle Cruise right there (which also lacks in the S.E.A. department).

Still waiting for that Disney+ series to happen (even though it wont)

Indications from people in the know over on Magic are that the Indiana Jones ride will absolutely be a distinct version different from both California and Tokyo, and that its storyline will be thematically appropriate for Animal Kingdom.

If that's true, I'm on board.
d0a66560a748e73fd7ddc632d008d796.gif

That makes me much more willing to accept Dinosaur's closure than simply cloning Disneyland's version. Indy has a great track record of dark rides, and I've loved just about every new dark ride the WDW Imagineer team has made in the past few years. An original dark ride traded for another original dark ride is 1000x an easier pill than trading it for a 20+ year old cloned ride.

It will be unfortunate to see Dinosaur, and Dinos as a theme go extinct at DAK, but this will most likely be a significant improvement for most of the public and for the park as a whole. I'll just have to enjoy Carny while she's still with us.

lol
Disney fans
I want a new ride not clones.....here you are a new ride using another ride system. No not like that

Mystic Manoris dope but I see no reason the tech can't be used to make an amazing Encanto ride
Yeah they can totally adapt it for encanto.

They should look to Tokyo for inspiration as it seems to be the resort with the least amount of clones and more originality.

Reactions: Nico
You picked the first afternoon the park has gone to capacity in a while to post this. No manner of luck at all.

While I fully appreciate the "Pirates" reference (well played), I think that it shows the need to expand the others parks so that the crowds will spread more evenly. MK will always be the top dog but, if AK and HS have more rides added, things should spread out over time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
While I fully appreciate the "Pirates" reference (well played), I think that it shows the need to expand the others parks so that the crowds will spread more evenly. MK will always be the top dog but, if AK and HS have more rides added, things should spread out over time.
Here’s the thing: Obviously all parks and specifically HS and DAK need expansion. But they have a TON of incentive to also do the same for MK. MK is and always will be their most popular park.

If someone comes for one day and only one day, they’re probably going to MK.

Here’s the thing: Obviously all parks and specifically HS and DAK need expansion. But they have a TON of incentive to also do the same for MK. MK is and always will be their most popular park.

If someone comes for one day and only one day, they’re probably going to MK.

And I don't know about you but once Splash came offline and if there's anything else ever down or on refurb, with Tron inaccessible without the virtual queue and with crowds the way they've been, I've looked at MK lately like hey... maybe there's actually not THAT much to do here considering.