Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember the old fountian show that Sea World used to have? I think it's where the pet show is now.

It's gotta be better than that, right? :lol:

The pet show is in a building away from the lake... They have a fountain show that plays syncronized to music throughout the day and you can't even see the fountain bases when they're not being used. It's a very nice show to catch when you're not expecting it. Something like that at USF or IoA would be very nice. Obviously we're getting more with the rain screens. Also SeaWorld uses the fountains in the lake during their fireworks show.

Orlando Rocks posted another photo update.

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(8).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(7).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(6).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(4).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(3).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(14).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(17).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(13).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_11_2012%20(11).jpg

The pet show is in a building away from the lake... They have a fountain show that plays syncronized to music throughout the day and you can't even see the fountain bases when they're not being used. It's a very nice show to catch when you're not expecting it. Something like that at USF or IoA would be very nice. Obviously we're getting more with the rain screens. Also SeaWorld uses the fountains in the lake during their fireworks show.

Not what I'm talking about. That is outside right? There used to be an indoor show that was essentially the same thing. Someone talked about having less water screens and it triggered my memory of the show.

Also notice that the line-of-sight markings only show viewing from one side. Where as the barges show both.

I wonder how they could project from both sides unless the film is flipped horizontally on one side and synced with the other projector. This is me presupposing the rain screens would act much like a scrim. Hmmmm.

After looking at the blueprints again. These appear to be projector locations. I do not know how two projectors would work with a single water screen.

Not what I'm talking about. That is outside right? There used to be an indoor show that was essentially the same thing. Someone talked about having less water screens and it triggered my memory of the show.

Yeah, they used to have an indoor fountain show, set to classical music. It shared the building where the pets are now, and the show's daytime operation was an "interactive" look at a rainforest expedition with a live actor in the "studio" interacting with recorded clips. This was about 15 - 20 years ago, and I remember it being the highlight of my night to watch it when I was a kid.

Cool! If you look like 15 pictures down, that thing sticking out of the water, looks like a black rounded box, could that be another projector?

I thought that originally when I took the photos.. but looking at those prints it appears to be something else, I would guess water screen looking at the prints since they have a projector of their own apparently... and the projectors would be located closer to the waters edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.