Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing personal... but I don't understand who these people are who keep paying money to see these things in the theater.

The same people that pay money to see that WWE Wrestlemania stuff live? I don't get it either... I will admit though it would make a descent ride. Fast and Furious NOT WWE!!!!!! :look:

Ok here was my fun little "twittervastion" with the detective lol

KingEric
@UORdetective projections will be on the water screens on the barges and on buildings

KingEric
@UORdetective the cinematic spectacular will be on water screens. I bet you a harry potter wand I am right.

UOR Detective
@slcut(KingEric) what I followed up with is projections aren't just on fountains a' la World of Color which is what people are expecting.

KingEric
@UORdetective I am calling BS on the screens at new Lagoon Show unless the water screens they purchased turned out to be a wash.

UOR Detective
@slcut(KingEric) yes water screens within frames, not fountains. That's what I was saying as many have spoken of fountains.

UOR Detective
@slcut(KingEric) & the water screens give an impressive look, just not "as" dynamic as fountain projections. Long term plans for them too!

So he backed off his original tweet which he has now deleted. lol

^So, he was confusing reading by stating that instead of projections being on a screen shot into the air by a central pump, the obvious rigs being installed in the lagoon will have water screens with projections. In essence, this guy is a numskull who made a big deal out of literally nothing?

From today,

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

I've never taken notice before that the screens don't seem to be parallel to the viewing areas. HMMMMM........

USFLagoon2012.jpg

From ParkRumors
Also new for 2012 is Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories. They’ve been hard at work prepping the lagoon for the last several months, and this aerial image offers a nice view of the three barges set in the middle of the lagoon, as well as the plethora of water jets visible just below the surface of the water

Reactions: Felipe
I'm really looking forward to this because we can never really stay for the night shows at Disney as it's a hassle getting back to I-Drive (we don't drive). So it will be great going from one park grabbing dinner at citywalk and going back in for the night show. Can't wait props to UOR!

A few pictures from a couple of days ago:

New conduit running up to one of the utility building near "The Simpson's Ride"
LS-46.jpg

A few close-ups of one of the small globes. Nothing mounted in them yet.
LS-45.jpg

LS-44.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
I'm optimistic I will be able to experience it when I go April 17th-18th. My sister's BF is going with us, will be his first trip to Universal. Its always fun to go with someone whose never been there. Brings back memories of my first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.