Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pictures from Saturday:

LS-54.jpg

LS-55.jpg

LS-56.jpg

LS-57.jpg

LS-58.jpg

LS-59.jpg

LS-60.jpg

LS-61.jpg

LS-62.jpg

LS-63.jpg

LS-64.jpg

LS-65.jpg

LS-66.jpg

Note the new steel work (gray in color) going up around the trusses supporting the water screen. I beleive they are installing a skirt down both sides.

Last edited:
This thing needs to open already...Thanks for the updates guys...a lot more fountains than I was expecting and different kinds too which makes it all the more better..

I think what I'm most impressed by is how Universal went about thinking of the installation process. Obviously, they had help by incorporating water screens on the old barges. What's really great is how they were able to put all of these elements in place with the lagoon still full of water, in contrast to the months DCA had their lagoon drained of all water to install the elevating platform.

On the flip side I do wish there was a little more effort into making the look less obstructive or industrial. Maybe there will be some quick minor 'go away' meathods to help some of those projectors for example, be a bit more subtle.

Though we have not seen it for all of them yet, I believe a while back photos were taken of one of the screen riggings where the two towers sort of folded in, down onto the platform. Whether or not all of the screens will even do this as a regular occurrence to lessen the view obstruction is another question.....

I think what I'm most impressed by is how Universal went about thinking of the installation process. Obviously, they had help by incorporating water screens on the old barges. What's really great is how they were able to put all of these elements in place with the lagoon still full of water, in contrast to the months DCA had their lagoon drained of all water to install the elevating platform.

How is this a bad thing DCA drained their lagoon? Nearly all of the show equipment is not visible during the day. Sure it's not the same with the water screens, but how many here would want those ugly projector boxes out of view? Plus if Universal installed the full 1,200 fountains WoC had they'd probably drain the lagoon...

BJcool never insinuated that it was a good thing these show elements were visible. BJCool seemed to just be stating that it was impresive on how Universal was able to use the elements in their favor for a speedy and seemingly efficient installation.

Reactions: BJCool
I hope this doesn't become the July to Mid-August/Christmas week show that U360 was. I avoid those times like the plague.

Though we have not seen it for all of them yet, I believe a while back photos were taken of one of the screen riggings where the two towers sort of folded in, down onto the platform. Whether or not all of the screens will even do this as a regular occurrence to lessen the view obstruction is another question.....

I believe that the folding may only be intended for high winds such as hurricanes.

On another note... this shows one way Disney and Uni are different. This is such bad 'daytime show'. Yeesh!

Yeah they are. At least when I went. And they were ugly as hell too.

You mean, you can see them below the water?

but how many here would want those ugly projector boxes out of view?

It is bad... they should have made them light bouy's of some kind.

Last edited:
^ I didn't know that. I'll bet quite a few of us didn't. That said, a thousand spouts 6-10" above the water doesn't quite show up the way three oil platforms do.

Not sure how. They have been apparent in every description and every photo update since heavy work on this project started. Yes, the rigging is worse and right out of a temporary concert venue, but the whole infrastructural nature of the show does not seem to have a ton of thought put into how it fits or blends in with "The Show" Maybe since Rockit they have given up on such an idea.

Geeez, I thought it was on rising platforms and disappeared from sight after the show. Just found the following picture... is this how it looks all day long every day???

100_1038.jpg

Last edited:
The conversation and posts were in reference to compare DCA's to Universal's show in the sense of mehanics and fountains. Wonderful World of Color is indeed on a platform that lowers into the ground to make the crazyness of the show less noticeable to guests during the day.

Geeez, I thought it was on rising platforms and disappeared from sight after the show. Just found the following picture... is this how it looks all day long every day???

ParadisePark_By_Daniel_K_Lew.jpg
The tech in that show always amazes me!

Anywho on the discussion of the trussing and projectors...I don't mind to much the trussing, I mean compared to the balls they used to have out there which seemed to attract dirt like...well..a big white 3 story ball. Overall the trussing dosen't look too bad but I would like to see some sort of film strip design or something on it...I do however have a problem with the projectors, That to me really ruins the "magic" of the show...for example Fantasmic's projector is not visible whatsoever and so when the mist screen goes off the first time there is that element of wowzzomg..Anywho just nit picking

It is on a rising platform, but sometimes they raise it during the day to repair and maintenance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.