Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, the only thing that Shrek has got going for itself is a decent script and an opportune location... I agree that other attractions need to be advertised more often.

It's funny that you say that, because I did notice a lot of Latin Americans and South Americans in Shrek's theater a week ago.

LOL... that is why I said it! Only time I went was in previews and it was loaded with super attractive Latin Americans... and I don't mean the team kinda group. It was Sofia Vergara and Ricky Martin wall to wall. As a NORTHern American decent looking white guy I felt like a store brand toothpaste amongst them all. Guess it stayed with me... :blank:

Last edited:
LOL... that is why I said it! Only time I went was in previews and it was loaded with super attractive Latin Americans... and I don't mean the team kinda group. It was Sofia Vergara and Ricky Martin wall to wall. As a NORTHern American decent looking white guy I felt like a store brand toothpaste amongst them all. Guess it stayed with me... :blank:

Haha, I know what you mean, especially with my teenage self-esteem. (Though it's greatly improved in the past three years).

Anyway, does anybody know if we are indeed going to get something new soon? It's apparent to all of us that we need one. And didn't somebody post a video of Uni taping a new TV spot for the Superstar Parade, at least?

And didn't somebody post a video of Uni taping a new TV spot for the Superstar Parade, at least?

That was what I was getting at. The ads may be showing in popular countries as mentioned setting them up for summer visits. Meanwhile the billboards and local news are enough to bring in Florida crowds for now. Sound plausible?

Perhaps next year won't see any major openings at USF and they're waiting as long as possible to push Despicable Me. I mean, most people have already planned summer vacations. So why push it now if you can wait?

Perhaps next year won't see any major openings at USF and they're waiting as long as possible to push Despicable Me. I mean, most people have already planned summer vacations. So why push it now if you can wait?

Because we are in a 'I can't take it any more I need a vacation' economy? Push it now to people who have put a vacation off. There has been a steady rise in new credit card abuse in the last six months. The trusted banks are at it again. Just a thought.

Do they still have that right from Sony. I know MIB used to be in advertisements, but do they still have the licensing to do that, or is it a permanent advertising agreement as long as the ride is still there?

The attraction licensing is different from marketing licensing. I believe Sony has to approve all marketing collateral that makes reference to MIB.

A bunch of people have been asking me to upload the music from the pre show, but the truth is I don't have it all. Once I can get all the songs tagged then I'll make one big track and upload it. However, until then I've made a list of the songs I have identified so far so you can add them to you playlist. :thumbs:

Book of Days - Paint the Sky With Stars by Enya
Main Titles - I, Robot Soundtrack - by Marco Beltrami
To Kill A Mocking Bird Theme - by Elmer Bernstein
Fighting 17th - Backdraft Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
Main Titles - City Slickers Soundtrack by Marc Shaimen
Defeat is Always Momentary - King Kong Soundtrack by James Newton Howard
AB Positive - Bruce Almighty Soundtrack by John Debney
Elysium - Gladiator Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard

Saw the show last night and I was blown away. I saw small bits on YouTube and didn't think I would be that impressed at all. But loved all the scenes and will definitely be returning on my holiday to see again.

Just a few shots of the themed projector boxes,

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Reactions: bobwadd
Those types of things often are. Getting the show right was probably done before. But yeah, better than nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.