Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys here are a few more from tonight.

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1499-1.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

I go into manual and adjust exposure times and iso settings. I really just play with it to see what works and what doesn't. I took just over a hundred photos and these are the ones that worked out alright. I did not use a tripod tonight but rather a concrete pillar I was standing next too :lol: Also everything is raw there is zero editing in any night shots I do.

Uni filed to add 5 laser platforms around the lagoon, I would assume for the show.

Did someone say LASERs . . .

LS-009.jpg

LS-010.jpg

LS-011.jpg

LS-012.jpg

LS-013.jpg

LS-014.jpg

They are still in the process of wiring them. Would think that would be in use soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I don't need pictures. To dead lift those towers would require more than a dead pull from the base of the platforms. Are there 4-6' lift braces (pivot points) on both ends from which to yank the towers? I don't see anything there.

HAS ANYONE HERE SEEN THEM LIFT THE TOWERS FOR THE SHOW?

I know it's been a while, but I'll have an better answer for you in the morning.

Well I'll be damned, that permit is still under review, and yet, I'm seeing them nearly complete.

And once again I say... either the online postings are short of the approval, OR, Uni knows they will get the permit and builds it anyway. Guess what... this is how every big business in the USA operates... every city every backwater town... if you have money, you do what you want and suffer any consequence and keep moving forward. Orlando Mayors and a state Governor will bend WAY over if they think you will make them look good.

And once again I say... either the online postings are short of the approval, OR, Uni knows they will get the permit and builds it anyway. Guess what... this is how every big business in the USA operates... every city every backwater town... if you have money, you do what you want and suffer any consequence and keep moving forward. Orlando Mayors and a state Governor will bend WAY over if they think you will make them look good.

Yeah, just didn't think lasers and laser platforms would be important enough to bend the rules.

But, I agree with you. Clearly, that's what's going with Transformers. Guess with Potter they're willing to be patient...for now. Interesting that Universal is the only one in the Orlando City Limits and has to go through this. Pretty sure Disney does theirs through Reedy Creek. Not sure what Sea World does.

Yeah, just didn't think lasers and laser platforms would be important enough to bend the rules.

But, I agree with you. Clearly, that's what's going with Transformers. Guess with Potter they're willing to be patient...for now. Interesting that Universal is the only one in the Orlando City Limits and has to go through this. Pretty sure Disney does theirs through Reedy Creek. Not sure what Sea World does.

Water management... then the Feds get involved. Water management is a different story, especially when all the water is going to end up in a National Park, the Everglades.

Show towers being erected . . . (no audio)

[video=youtube;6ho4dm1fXRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ho4dm1fXRs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
I guess they didn't start tonight but there were techs tinkering with the wiring for the lasers today. Also there were guys adding even more theming to the projection boxes. Think there staying for awhile?

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Did someone say LASERs . . .

I know they are wired into the show control, as they have been shutting them down manually during setting up for the show...

Looking into the cover while one of them was being turned off I saw there was like three in there so I'm assuming these are wide spectrum like illuminations uses to cover a wide area with many low intensity beams and not a single shot that tends to be reflected...

in other news, sad this clip isn't universal:
[video=youtube;Pozlp_wnkRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pozlp_wnkRk[/video]

Disregard this post if this has been said before or if everyone knows, but once I found this out I had to post it here. It turns out that UCS wasn't Universal's first implementation of projections through water screens. Poseidon's Fury uses them too. And this technology was developed over a decade ago. (But the ability to use this tech as a nightly show, out in the elements, with the rigs for the screens sitting on barges in a lagoon.......that's another story.)

Water screens seen at the 3:30 mark

[video=youtube;0kPSh59f768]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kPSh59f768[/video]

I feel stupid posting this, but it's late, I don't want to forget it, and since a lot of people haven't stepped foot in there I thought some people may not know this fun little fact.

Last edited:
Just an FYI the pyro bunkers are being dug up behind world expo. Yet another facility upgrade and further cementing long term use of nightly fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.