Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big batch of fireballs and flame throwers would kick of the show a notch. And a lot more building mapping projections would help.

Oh, and more lasers!

A total cacophony of visual overload.
Agreed.

The current nighttime show and parade both need serious overhauls. Personally, I think Studios should have a much longer elaborate parade as well as a night parade similar to what they do in Japan, and move the lagoon show over to IOA to give that park something for nighttime.

Balance your parks out Universal!

I can't agree more. I feel no need/want to ever go to IOA except for Spidey/FJ. I would say 80%+ of the time I go to Uni, I go to USF - possibly higher. Many times the only reason I even go over to IOA is bc I take the HE over at the end of the day.

Overall, USF just has so much more going on that pulls me in.
You have hulk and kong not open yet and 3 water based rides, two of which require commitment to getting wet so they aren't an easy re ride/random ride. Take Seuss out as well for the kiddy aspect as something to repeat and there really isn't much left to do at IOA. Sinbad isn't very good and the Poseiden (which I like) isn't something to come back to a whole lot either.

I always hear complaints about the 3 water rides at IOA but.. am I the only one who hardly ever goes to IOA without board shorts on or under my regular clothes? It just takes some planning, people.

I always hear complaints about the 3 water rides at IOA but.. am I the only one who hardly ever goes to IOA without board shorts on or under my regular clothes? It just takes some planning, people.
Yeah, I agree with you. We're not exactly young and we love those three water rides. If we're going to do all three, multiple times, we wear water oriented shorts into the park, that way we're comfortable with getting wet. And we always ride JPR, even without planning ahead, since we don't get soaked too bad on that. For us, those three water rides next to each other, are a park strength, not a negative. Heh, Florida gets pretty uncomfortable humid hot, and generally we'll go back to the resort pool in the afternoon. But with IOA we can actually stay in the park during the afternoon & enjoy it.

I think the anti-water ride viewpoint only really works for locals/regulars. Save for the rare cold snap in Orlando, the tourists are gonna ride them.

As I fall into the tourist category, I much preferred IOA as a park. Although, in a sense I consider Diagon Alley its own thing and that probably skews my more recent opinions of the two parks.

I also think that opinion was determined predominantly New Years 2011/2012, while USF had a much different landscape.

I thought IOA was a great park and USF was a pretty bad park filled with some great rides.

As I fall into the tourist category, I much preferred IOA as a park. Although, in a sense I consider Diagon Alley its own thing and that probably skews my more recent opinions of the two parks.

I also think that opinion was determined predominantly New Years 2011/2012, while USF had a much different landscape.

I thought IOA was a great park and USF was a pretty bad park filled with some great rides.

I prefer USF every so slightly, as it has some good places to chill out, where I feel like IoA lacks them greatly.

It'll be interesting to see where both go over the next 5 years

I do like the water based rides a lot. I just can't hop on them randomly every time I'm in the park.
Yeah, we're the same. We just make sure we have sandals & water oriented shorts when we plan on going on Dudley & Popeye/Bluto. As I said before, JP's not bad, so we'll ride that anytime.

IOA's problem has always been that there's little to do in inclement weather. Kong will fix that and also add some gravity to that side of the loop. Consider how neither Potter nor JP have grand entries if you go counter clockwise. That isn't a mistake - it's based on guest direction trends.

IOA needs another sit down dining option and some sort of interior exploration space. We shall see how Kong skews guest habits.

I prefer USF every so slightly, as it has some good places to chill out, where I feel like IoA lacks them greatly.

It'll be interesting to see where both go over the next 5 years
A heavily themed covered patio bar attached to Thunder Falls Terrace with a couple of TVs and some Jurassic Park music playing would be nice. Maybe a guy with an acoustic guitar.

It would have to be on the Kong side since I think the splashdown from JPRA would be pretty distracting.

One of the nice features of USF is that it is not a true circle. We feel its nice to bounce around and backtrack when you want to. Redo rides or people watch. IOA, being a true circle, its
one pass and done. You really don't want to retrace your exact steps so you make the complete circle or take the train and go to USF.. That's why we tend to spend much more time in USF.

We love both parks, but we probably spend about 60% in the Studio's & 40 % in IOA. I'd say Diagon, and being open later in the evening, are the two primary reasons we spend more time in the Studios' park.

A heavily themed covered patio bar attached to Thunder Falls Terrace with a couple of TVs and some Jurassic Park music playing would be nice. Maybe a guy with an acoustic guitar.

It would have to be on the Kong side since I think the splashdown from JPRA would be pretty distracting.

Yea. While Backwater is a nice bar, IoA lacks a place like Finnegan's with live music

Status
Not open for further replies.