Universal Elite Rides | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Elite Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The expansion as a whole (custom family wooden coaster, unique flat ride, dino AAs through JP, a nice JPRA upgrade) is an E-ticket... it's Universal's way of letting people know that even the little stuff will top-notch. Islands of Adventure needs some nice family rides to even out the thrill rides. The 40" and under crowd will be taken care of with the coaster, the flat ride and the Kong E-ticket (no height requirement according to JungleSkip)

Putting 2 attractions in a spot originally holding one exhibit is amazing. Disney has left far too many of their attraction buildings and plots empty. Magic Kingdom could feasibly add 20-40 acres to its space if TDO would spend their money wisely :lol:

Not every project, no matter how elite, is going to be these rides. It's just not going to happen.

"Elite" rides is more than likely marketing speak from Universal. Yes, they're trying to up their game. They're doing so. But even they know not everything can be a huge, 100million+ E-ticket. Expecting as much is setting yourself up for disappointment.

The fact that we're getting ANYTHING every year is amazing.

Agree with you 1000000%

I'll take new attractions every year big or small. At least we know Uni is expanding instead of sitting on their butts and doing nothing (like a certain Mouse is down the road...)

Business is business people. In order to run an effective anything you have to be good at doing the small things as well as the big things. Whether you think its "up to par" with the "Standards" Universal is giving is quite honestly moot. It doesn't matter if you like it…they need it in order to have a well rounded park and to compete with Disney.

Big picture people…Think big picture.

Business is business people. In order to run an effective anything you have to be good at doing the small things as well as the big things. Whether you think its "up to par" with the "Standards" Universal is giving is quite honestly moot. It doesn't matter if you like it…they need it in order to have a well rounded park and to compete with Disney.

Big picture people…Think big picture.

So far the big picture is looking great :thumbs:

Don't expect this too be your typical wooden coaster.... this will be a Top Notch wooden coaster i think thats what someone mentioned above when referring to universal speaking of elite in the products category i think we can expect a well themed coaster with a very nicely themed queue with a lot of elements from the new film... just my wild guess.. and yes the big picture is looking quite amazing.

Makes me wonder, will this be a real wooden coaster or a hybrid such as the funspot one? If it will be the former, Universal will be able to advertise it as Orlando's only real full wooden coaster.

Makes me wonder, will this be a real wooden coaster or a hybrid such as the funspot one? If it will be the former, Universal will be able to advertise it as Orlando's only real full wooden coaster.

Kind of reminds me of the old Busch Gardens add proclaiming they have the tallest, fastest, and only wooden coaster in FL (at the time). I think if they left that last point off the first two would seem impressive. But if I had to guess I think this one will have some metal in the structure.

I wonder how exactly they plan on theming it. AA dinos?

I think a few people said 2 AAs. But it should also fit into the surroundings with jungle greenery, high-voltage fences, etc.

Everyone keeps saying a couple AA dinos (possibly reused from Triceratops Encounter), a waterfall, some rockwork, jungle theming, and a tame intensity (40" or lower).

Sounds solid. I'm eagerly awaiting more news on all of this and I'm hoping some dinos around the island and a big JPRA refurb is a part of the expansion. I've heard people here say it, but I'm just hoping it gets confirmed and happens. Because that more than anything is what I think this island needs. It feels like there is a lot of wasted land and an aging ride that needs a lot of love to get back to the awesome state it was when it opened.

hey....

You guys remember this thread and how we stated that maybe not all rides are E-tickets and how we should consider Jurassic park family coaster and spinner as an addition?

yeah... I think we were all wrong and Universal is serious about their expansions

Kong 2015
KZ 2016

hey....

You guys remember this thread and how we stated that maybe not all rides are E-tickets and how we should consider Jurassic park family coaster and spinner as an addition?

yeah... I think we were all wrong and Universal is serious about their expansions

Kong 2015
KZ 2016

I'd say an expansion for the Triceratops Encounter will happen eventually since IOA has few expansion pads as is

I'd say an expansion for the Triceratops Encounter will happen eventually since IOA has few expansion pads as is

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they are adding something to go with Kong and getting that whole area done in one swoop. We just dont know enough yet. As soon as HP DA opens, we will know. And we can expect an announcement after HHN this year

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they are adding something to go with Kong and getting that whole area done in one swoop. We just dont know enough yet. As soon as HP DA opens, we will know. And we can expect an announcement after HHN this year

Lord of the Rings