Universal Great Britain | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Random idea mode. I wonder if there’s a possibility of having a Harry Potter themed hotel?

I like the idea of a duelling coaster but with a launch like the Hulk.
I have been thinking that a Hogwarts hotel would be amazing! Having a bedroom themed like the Gryffindor dormitory would be so fun. My 10 and 13 year old sons would die of happiness. I know they will be 16 and 18 in 2030, but once you love it you always do, and I have a 4 year old who will be 10 in 2030, prime Harry Potter age! Harry Potter is timeless and kids are still obsessed with it now, so I don't think it's outlived its life at all. I really hope there's something Potter there. I know there's been some debate about it in the thread but it's just my hopes. As a Brit, the HP studios thing we have is just sets really, not a totally immersive world with rides, it's nothing compared to Orlando, which we did in 2018, and many times before that pre-kids. I'll still visit universal studios GB whatever properties they put in it, but HP would really be the icing on the cake. My boys are most hoping for Harry Potter, Super Nintendo and Jurassic Park/World. I can't afford Orlando right now as it would be £12k or so for a family of five so I think they'd get a lot of business from UK families like mine. That adore Orlando but cant afford it very often, if at all!
Going back to the Hogwarts hotel, they could make it somewhat immersive like the intergalactic star cruiser but less so because I know that failed in the end. So just a themed hotel with some extras but not exorbitantly expensive. Great hall themed canteen type restaurant. Imagine a Dumbledore's office experience where you could meet Dumbledore, like Santa but way better :lol: A woodland area at the back of the hotel with some statues or animatronics, little forbidden forest trail. The whole thing would be a kids dream (and an adults to be honest).

I have been thinking that a Hogwarts hotel would be amazing! Having a bedroom themed like the Gryffindor dormitory would be so fun. My 10 and 13 year old sons would die of happiness. I know they will be 16 and 18 in 2030, but once you love it you always do, and I have a 4 year old who will be 10 in 2030, prime Harry Potter age! Harry Potter is timeless and kids are still obsessed with it now, so I don't think it's outlived its life at all. I really hope there's something Potter there. I know there's been some debate about it in the thread but it's just my hopes. As a Brit, the HP studios thing we have is just sets really, not a totally immersive world with rides, it's nothing compared to Orlando, which we did in 2018, and many times before that pre-kids. I'll still visit universal studios GB whatever properties they put in it, but HP would really be the icing on the cake. My boys are most hoping for Harry Potter, Super Nintendo and Jurassic Park/World. I can't afford Orlando right now as it would be £12k or so for a family of five so I think they'd get a lot of business from UK families like mine. That adore Orlando but cant afford it very often, if at all!
Going back to the Hogwarts hotel, they could make it somewhat immersive like the intergalactic star cruiser but less so because I know that failed in the end. So just a themed hotel with some extras but not exorbitantly expensive. Great hall themed canteen type restaurant. Imagine a Dumbledore's office experience where you could meet Dumbledore, like Santa but way better :lol: A woodland area at the back of the hotel with some statues or animatronics, little forbidden forest trail. The whole thing would be a kids dream (and an adults to be honest).
The Hogwarts Hotel has a ring to it :)

I think it would be a fun theme but I can see a hotel more along the lines of the Universal Studios Grand Hotel in Beijing. Or maybe like the new Helios Grand going in at Epic.

Reactions: Alicia
I can't afford Orlando right now as it would be £12k or so for a family of five so I think they'd get a lot of business from UK families like mine. That adore Orlando but cant afford it very often, if at all!

Me too. For me I’m looking at probably £9-10k if I want to get to Epic when it opens.

But that’s like half a deposit on a mortgage in the UK.

I am determined to do it. I watch a YouTube channel that does regular updates called Theme Park Stop, and it gets me buzzed.

I personally think a very large amount of people in the UK will visit a UK universal park like you say, especially families. The experience would be amazing.

Reactions: pankthesnake
Had to join the forum after reading the news about this park. Incredibly exciting.

I don’t see it mentioned but how awesome would a game of thrones land be!? Whether you make it an adult only area or you PG it then it could be absolutely insanely good! Imagine real life jousting to watch, a coaster atop the wall and so many more things that far more imaginative people than me could come up with. Do it right and you’d get an 8th of the adult population on the planet lining up to come and visit.

Reactions: Della and Nico
Possibly very small development…

At the start of January the local Council announced the road closure of Manor Road at Kempston Hardwick Station.

The reason, to “facilitate the undertaking of boreholes and a site survey for future level crossing removal and bridge construction”.

I appreciate it’s not directly to do with Universal, and more to do with East West rail, I just thought this would be further down the line and delayed by council politics, so interesting stuff.

“ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984: SECTION 14(1)

TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC ORDER 2023

MANOR ROAD, KEMPSTON HARDWICK 23 – 098

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Bedford Borough Council intend not less than seven days from the date of this Notice to make an Order the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle, except a vehicle being used for fire, police or ambulance purposes in an emergency, from proceeding along Manor Road Kempston Hardwick.

This temporary road closure is required to facilitate the undertaking of boreholes and a site survey for future level crossing removal and bridge construction. and shall apply to such extent as may from time to time be indicated by the appropriate traffic signs.

This temporary road closure is anticipated to be in operation 24 hours from 15th January 2024 to 26th January 2024

The signed alternative route for vehicles affected by the order is available via Ampthill Road, Stewartby Way, Green Lane, Woburn Road, Manor Road.

The reverse route applies.

The proposed Order will come into operation on 15th January 2024, for a period of 12 months or until the proposed works have been completed, as detailed above, whichever is the earlier. “