Universal Great Britain | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who but I don’t see how it could possibly work as a whole land given that there’s no real central location to work off of for one and the closest you could even get to one is just modern day London. Now if they wanted to do an attraction or two and some sort of monster meet and greets/encounters I think that would do very well.

Reactions: Chessy
And where exactly does that say that such land is located in the United Kingdom?
Last time I checked they were pretty fond of £, not $. Perhaps the new park could be in Australia instead?

Edit: I'm sorry to be the one to break the news, but the L in NVUL Corp stands for Limited. It's the corporation that manages both NVU Las Vegas and Frisco. The 'Limited" just means, and I'm paraphrasing Investopedia here, " a general form of incorporation that limits the amount of liability undertaken by the company's shareholders."

Furthermore, every Universal Venture company I could find in the UK database has nothing to do with theme parks or even entertainment. Even if the L in NVUL meant London, the company couldn't have purchased any land in the UK as it has only been registered in Delaware, USA.
I'm just too tired to make a comment. I just hope that when this is announced, y'all don't pull a "knew it all along".

Can't wait to see this develop. Coming off of Beijing, watching UOR get built out with VB, hotels, and now Epic, to Vegas and Frisco, and now official comment on UGB, it's been a great time to watch the Universal parks division grow.
I can’t wait for the future YouTube videos about the “Universal Decade.” It’s been incredible. AND this is just the stuff we know about.

I'm really excited to see how this plays out!

Comcast is going all out on the theme park investments, really a great time to be a fan and see the transformation of Universal Studios parks happening around the world.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
It was definitely fun to wake up to lol. Incredible reporting you all did! Congrats to the team!
The doubters turn to believers
Early rumors on here from folks like @Tomfoolery and @Chorizo helped a lot. (I included a few screenshots in the video!)

@leavesonthelawn helped immensely with Bedford info stuff all this month. @tommyhawkins and @Scott W. have been digging documents with me since early October. And there are more folks I'd like to thank too, but that's all for now.

Y'all are so amazing for your hard work and dedication to making a rumor a reality today!!

And big shout out to Erica Roffe and the Bedford Independent, and the incredible reporting today!!

Can't wait to see what happens next.

No clones from Orlando.

Video games currently make more money than any other form of entertainment several times over.

When it come to the big 3 of the gaming industry, the UK is essentially PlayStation land (and formerly SEGA in the 90’s).

They already partnered with Sony for The Last of Us house.

I think you guys can see where I’m going with this.

I’d think just because there might be no cloned attractions, that does not disqualify that of an IP.

Once again—Pokémon forms to mind as a rare IP that I think can pull off a GE.
Yeah but it would still be a cool expansion to their portfolio plus playing a bit to local taste. I think God of War would be right up their alley for a big E Ticket.

I know it’s way too early to consider, but does this area of land have opportunities for future expansion? I would say to have another 300-500 acres to comfortably grow into over time.

What other local attractions are nearby? As Bedford is just a very average town and not sure people would venture there for anything (no offence) who would be visiting.

300 more acres available at the south.
As others have said - Woburn Abbey & Safari Park, Gullivers Land, Xscape indoor Snow Slope, multiple large shopping centers, easy access to not just London and the South but places like Sheffield/Liverpool/Manchester in the North. 40 mins train to international terminal, then 35 mins to France.

All very exciting!