Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I understand the whole point of these small park projects is for them to not be big. The 97 acres is more than enough for the main kiddie park, with some extra expansions added over time, and a second gate (probably a small water park) for ticket add ons.

If anyone is ever expecting anything other than a kiddie park here, you’re going to be disappointed. Big emphasis on character greetings, play areas, and outdoor flat rides and kiddie coasters. Maybe a couple small shows too. I would not expect elaborate or immersive dark rides.
Think you for always bringing these conversations back down to earth.

People should really look to Legoland California for expectations. A small regional park with brand-name recognition, surrounded by parking and a hotel (or two), with lots of kiddie rides and two to three rides that one could technically classify as dark rides but are pretty sparely themed (Lost Kingdom Adventure, Ninjago, and The Dragon).

People should really look to Legoland California for expectations. A small regional park with brand-name recognition, surrounded by parking and a hotel (or two), with lots of kiddie rides and two to three rides that one could technically classify as dark rides but are pretty sparely themed (Lost Kingdom Adventure, Ninjago, and The Dragon).

Agreed but I think that Universal will theme better.

Sesame Place seems like a good template as well. Heavy on shows and meet and greets with some flat rides and a splash pad area. I think they have a parade as well. Moderately themed, but I think Universal will likely theme it a lot better.

Sesame Place has more than just a splash pad, it's mostly a water park!

Sesame Place has more than just a splash pad, it's mostly a water park!
I thought it might have been a little bigger than a splash pad but I wasn't entirely sure! I live 2 hours away and have never been, but we're taking our 2 year old this year for the first time.

Side note related to that - Sesame Place starts at $100, so if this Universal park is the same, that sounds like a bargain to me!

I thought it might have been a little bigger than a splash pad but I wasn't entirely sure! I live 2 hours away and have never been, but we're taking our 2 year old this year for the first time.

Side note related to that - Sesame Place starts at $100, so if this Universal park is the same, that sounds like a bargain to me!

Online one-day tickets start at $50, so I bet there's a price at the gate and a price online difference.

Yes they are currently discounted until April. Normal price starts at $100! Lol.
So is there much to do for an adult? Seems like $300 (2 adults and the kid?) or $200 if the kid is free, is pretty steep to take it somewhere to play for the day. Maybe the first experiences and photo ops are enough for some but I just can't see it.

So is there much to do for an adult? Seems like $300 (2 adults and the kid?) or $200 if the kid is free, is pretty steep to take it somewhere to play for the day. Maybe the first experiences and photo ops are enough for some but I just can't see it.

I worked there a decade ago for a summer and they loved pushing the two day admission at the same price.

I have not been - I'm going in a few months for the first time. Will it be worth it? For being so close in price to Uni, probably not lol. But it'll be great to see the little one light up.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Honestly I’m curious what do people consider “proper pricing” for an experience like this ?

I just looked at Legoland’s Florida admission and it’s currently discounted to $84 for day tickets. Normally it hovers around $119 which is pretty expensive however that park is constantly expanding so it’s worth it.

Is witnessing the innocence and imagination of your child come to life not enough?
I have not been - I'm going in a few months for the first time. Will it be worth it? For being so close in price to Uni, probably not lol. But it'll be great to see the little one light up.
Watching the cast make magic with the little ones was one of my favorite things about going to WDW. If its your kid I can understand but still question the value

Watching the cast make magic with the little ones was one of my favorite things about going to WDW. If its your kid I can understand but still question the value
Oh yeah, I'm not expecting to really be worth the price. Maybe it will be for us since we're getting discounted tickets, but the park is like 12 acres lol.

I imagine the Uni Frisco park will definitely be bigger than that!

Honestly I’m curious what do people consider “proper pricing” for an experience like this ?

I just looked at Legoland’s Florida admission and it’s currently discounted to $84 for day tickets. Normally it hovers around $119 which is pretty expensive however that park is constantly expanding so it’s worth it.

I don't think you can use orlando pricing. It's going to depend on the market. You put Orlando parks at orlando prices in a lot of the country and they crash.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX