Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 2024) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After a few run-throughs, this house isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
I mean, that won't be the usual guest experience though being able to go through it multiple times. To judge a maze when recommending it to somebody, you gotta kinda base it on the middle of the road amalgamation between all those experiences. You can't say "dude, Bloodlines is amazing if you through it 12 times." I mean, you could, but you'll just sound crazy lmao

That goes for any house. Not just this one. This house has grown on me ....a little.. I'm just glad to have finally seen a fully staffed house (which is rare for all houses this year)

And the "guide to the monsters" couldn't even have the decency to acknowledge CFTBL's Hollywood house in 1997.

Although I guess I should be thankful they at least knew the event started here in 1986.

I really want a Murdy-only breakdown of our house/story that doesn't include Orlando's input. Also pointing out what props/sets are from films/attractions.

Okay so I had an interesting run-through of this house last night. There definitely seemed to be some "missing" scareactors. I had Bride pop out in two spots that weren't her usual "scares" & then of course empty booholes.

20240927_102636.jpg
^^normally this is a vampire scare in Scene 2

She-wolf was missing from the Dungeon scene (which happens too often)

The other time i saw Bride in a random spot was in a boohole scare of the ending which is usually occupied by She-wolf/Mummy who were both missing. There was also no Franken-stilt on my run-through.

I found myself unintentionally quoting the audio narration :skull:

Okay so I had an interesting run-through of this house last night. There definitely seemed to be some "missing" scareactors. I had Bride pop out in two spots that weren't her usual "scares" & then of course empty booholes.
Honestly all the gaps kinda make me wonder if this house location isn't long for this world. It's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if a factor for it is just how hard it is for the scareactors to get back there with how out of the way it is, I imagine they have to be bussed in and if not it's still pretty out of the way compared to everything else.

Honestly all the gaps kinda make me wonder if this house location isn't long for this world. It's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if a factor for it is just how hard it is for the scareactors to get back there with how out of the way it is, I imagine they have to be bussed in and if not it's still pretty out of the way compared to everything else.
What's great about the stage is that you can easily fit two houses in there PLUS plenty of room for extended queue and break areas for the talent. Just sucks that it's apparently so hard to access for the staff.

Just sucks that it's apparently so hard to access for the staff.
Tram is no different, they gotta use a shuttle bus transport (technically so do lower lot houses). I'll have to ask my friend who was in Hill House if they got shuttled to Curious George or had to deal with the hill.

It'd be interesting to see Hollywood try to pull an Orlando & shove two houses inside a soundstage & deal with the queue + entrance/exit. They'd also have to actually set up "noise barriers" & NOT do the routine of blasting music/audio

Tram is no different, they gotta use a shuttle bus transport (technically so do lower lot houses). I'll have to ask my friend who was in Hill House if they got shuttled to Curious George or had to deal with the hill.

It'd be interesting to see Hollywood try to pull an Orlando & shove two houses inside a soundstage & deal with the queue + entrance/exit. They'd also have to actually set up "noise barriers" & NOT do the routine of blasting music/audio
Yeah don't want to turn this into a '25 spec thread, but I think it would be a great remedy for losing Mummy and the stages behind it once that time comes. Probably won't happen until at least '26, but still...

Reactions: Wesker69
She-wolf & Anck-su-namun both deserve better since they were pointless cameos. Technically She-wolf was an original creation since the character has no true film counterpart :lol:

I wouldn't mind a sequel to this house if done properly (and fully cast). I'm STILL trying to figure out who is saying "Last of the Van Helsings" (Dracula's daughter? Random vampire? Random unseen spirit of the damned?)

MURDY! WE NEED ANSWERS! :sob:

Reactions: saint.piss
She-wolf & Anck-su-namun both deserve better since they were pointless cameos. Technically She-wolf was an original creation since the character has no true film counterpart :lol:

I wouldn't mind a sequel to this house if done properly (and fully cast). I'm STILL trying to figure out who is saying "Last of the Van Helsings" (Dracula's daughter? Random vampire? Random unseen spirit of the damned?)

MURDY! WE NEED ANSWERS! :sob:
Respectfully, I really don't.

I think they should give the more classic monsters a break IMO (Mainly Frank, Bride, and WM). It's at the point to where they're kinda feeling the same and they're getting the brunt-end of the budget.

Don't get me wrong, I love me the classic monsters. Would not mind seeing more of them, though if they insist on continuing the UM IP at the event, they need to either A) Think outside the box, get away from the Goth theme for now, and focus on 50's/60's sci-fi B-movie monsters (This is where the Creature can come in!). You can shoe-horn the OG classics in at the end. OR do something very simple. In other words, just have a house on either the Mummy OR Dracula. I personally don't like the direction into turning the Monsters into a "Dark Avengers" kind of story. Go back to the roots! Keep it simple!

The Monsters houses aren't bad, IMO. I did enjoy Unmasked despite its flaws....but after Legends Collide, they've progressively gotten worse. This is by far the weakest Monsters House. Total shame considering the location.

Reactions: thehorrorlover
That's on Universal for NOT casting all the willing/available bodies who were lucky enough to make the cut. Auditions are NOT an easy pass (although after this year's LAHH audition, HHN is "easy")

I don't disagree, and I'm not endorsing the decisions that got us to this point. I'm just explaining that they do not have enough people, and Monsters tends to be one of the last priorities when casting pool performers.

I think they use the buses on the same route used for ADA accessibility during guest hours. Either that or they just have a backstage pathway, since I know in years past they've sometimes had costuming and makeup adjacent to the curious george lot, idk how it is this year though.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts