Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 372 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to elaborate on Universal Escape? Or at least send me to the direction of where I can read about it myself.

When IoA, CityWalk, and the resorts opened, Universal called the entire resort "Universal Escape". It was a disaster, as people were confused and thought IoA was not a whole new park but just an add on to the original park. Attendance was poor, and then 9/11 happened afterwards and completely tanked the resort. Eventually they changed the name to the much better "Universal Orlando Resort".

When IoA, CityWalk, and the resorts opened, Universal called the entire resort "Universal Escape". It was a disaster, as people were confused and thought IoA was not a whole new park but just an add on to the original park. Attendance was poor, and then 9/11 happened afterwards and completely tanked the resort. Eventually they changed the name to the much better "Universal Orlando Resort".
Fun fact: you can still call the old 1-800-U-ESCAPE phone number to get the UO ticket and reservation line.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I genuinely don’t think that we’ll find out the name of the park through a trademark search. The information is too publicly available and we know who and what to search for.

I think they’ll hire some law firm to trademark the name for them and then transfer it over to Universal when the time is right.

Reactions: jtsalien
Wait, so the name was changed because people were misguided?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Escape doesn't sound too bad. I think of Escaping your reality lifestyle and entering into theirs which is exactly what theme parks do. That would've been dope.
I imagine that’s what they were thinking. I think some of the confusion may have have stemmed from rebranding the resort at the same time that they opened IOA. Trying to market a new theme park as part of a resort with a new name that was previously a single park was probably challenging.

That being said, I really liked the logo. Having the lighthouse included was nice.

From those drainage plans that were posted a while back for the new resort, the current official resort name seems to be: Universal Studios Two.

2 Universal 2 Studios

-----

I've seen a lot of anxiety about the parks the past few months and I'm not sure why people are freaking out, there are new projects coming and there is shuffling going on but it's not to reduce or scale back development. I'd be more worried if projects were changed, moved, or cancelled due to budget cuts and development cuts. Instead projects are moving around based on changes in priorities.

I wonder if they are considering having both sites have different names or nicknames? For exmaple, the current site is Blue and the new site being Red. Maybe they call one Adventure and the other Exploration. Just spitballing

2 Universal 2 Studios

-----

I've seen a lot of anxiety about the parks the past few months and I'm not sure why people are freaking out, there are new projects coming and there is shuffling going on but it's not to reduce or scale back development. I'd be more worried if projects were changed, moved, or cancelled due to budget cuts and development cuts. Instead projects are moving around based on changes in priorities.

Oh, man :lol:

I think the freaking out is to do with the delays, it seems like all the scuffling has put everything back by a year. The plans may be far superior now but it's not visible. Great things are coming seems to be the current unofficial Universal motto.

Reactions: SeventyOne
2 Universal 2 Studios

-----

Good Post...No doubt....Yes, this needs to be emphasized. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.