Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this stuff is relegated entirely to online promotion and internal company use, then fine.

If that IOA logo starts showing up in the real world (at the expense of the original one), I won't be happy.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
It will be just like now-- merchandise with the current logos, and "classic" merchandise with the older logos. Win-win. In a few years they get nostalgic and change back to original logos for everything then the "new" logo becomes nostalgia for another generation.

To me they don’t even look modern but are simplified late 90s/early 2000s clip art. I would like to see higher resolution images to make my final judgement.

I mean, no. This is a logo, not an attraction or show.
So it's ok for a logos for a major resort to be unfavorable?

the attraction that has a wait time more than an hour on a regular basis? true, we'd hate to repeat that!
Wait time is not usually an indication of popularity or thematic integrity, specifically when a major IP is shoved into a poor capacity ride themed to Norway

Last edited:
They’re fine. I actually kinda like the VB one. I think it’s hard to read because of the background it’s displayed on in the tweet. On a flat background, it works better.

I just wish the weight of the IOA font was higher, to better align with the “boldness” of the others. If feels like an odd duck, comparatively.

I just want to see the cost analysis on how much ink and paper they save on internal communications by removing two characters from each entities’ name.

Last edited:
Never said that - but I don't think Joe Schmo is going to cancel any vacations over it either.
All I'm saying is "the GP doesn't care" is often used as an excuse for bad corporate theme park design choices

Be something major like a ride, or something that may seem minor like a logo, design and standards do matter across the board

This is the first time I've ever honestly been kind of shocked at something Universal has shown me and I think that's significant

I am however, excited for the overall "experiences" mindset

Never said that - but I don't think Joe Schmo is going to cancel any vacations over it either.

I don't think that should be the standard at a world-class destination, though. The little things and details are incredibly important, and cumulatively, they do add up, even if the average guest isn't fully conscious of their effect on the experience in the moment. When those little things get chipped away to become more generic, something is lost. When character and personality are sanded down, it's worth commenting upon.

Again, we'll see how some of this stuff is actually implemented in physical locations or retail. Perhaps it won't be a significant thing at all.

Hasn't the HHN logo changed pretty consistently though?
To some degree on merch and stuff to fit the theme, but there's also like that official HHN logo and type face that goes on all official announcements and maps. On mobile so I can't pull it up right now

All I'm saying is "the GP doesn't care" is often used as an excuse for bad corporate theme park design choices

Be something major like a ride, or something that may seem minor like a logo, design and standards do matter across the board

This is the first time I've ever honestly been kind of shocked at something Universal has shown me and I think that's significant

So far, it seems it's generally unfavorable feedback - but we all know we're the outliers. Yes - "the GP doesn't care" is a poor crutch in a lot of cases, I don't think it is in this regard. I'm not a fan of the change but I'm not canceling my AP over it. Once the core product starts seeing issues, then I'll start raising my voice.

I don't think that should be the standard at a world-class destination, though. The little things and details are incredibly important, and cumulatively, they do add up, even if the average guest isn't fully conscious of their effect on the experience in the moment. When those little things get chipped away to become more generic, something is lost. When character and personality are sanded down, it's worth commenting upon.

Again, we'll see how some of this stuff is actually implemented in physical locations or retail. Perhaps it won't be a significant thing at all.

Well, you aren't the average guest. :nana:

We're acting like this was designed to piss off the fanbase. Obviously, the reaction isn't what they expected. At the same time, this is a subjective opinion - albeit one that's very popular ATM within these circles... :lol: The only issue I see them rectifying immediately is how difficult some of the logos are to read.

But counterpoint: How many vacations were canceled over the much-maligned Epcot Wand, or Sorceror's Hat?

So far, it seems it's generally unfavorable feedback - but we all know we're the outliers. Yes - "the GP doesn't care" is a poor crutch in a lot of cases, I don't think it is in this regard. I'm not a fan of the change but I'm not canceling my AP over it. Once the core product starts seeing issues, then I'll start raising my voice.

Well, you aren't the average guest. :nana:

We're acting like this was designed to piss off the fanbase. Obviously, the reaction isn't what they expected. At the same time, this is a subjective opinion - albeit one that's very popular ATM within these circles... :lol: The only issue I see them rectifying immediately is how difficult some of the logos are to read.

But counterpoint: How many vacations were canceled over the much-maligned Epcot Wand, or Sorceror's Hat?

Not the point of the thread but I’m curious- why did people hate those little additions? I actually miss the Sorcerer’s Hat.

Reactions: Grumpy73
Not the point of the thread but I’m curious- why did people hate those little additions? I actually miss the Sorcerer’s Hat.

The wand was a temporary thing that became "permanent", which took away from the visual appeal of SSE. The Hat blocked Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which was viewed in much better light as the park's icon/weenie. It didn't help that the Hat was also a glorified pin station.

Even though I don’t think the logos look bad at all, they objectively look rough around the edges which makes it worth asking the question—if this is deemed acceptable by the new leadership at the resort, what else is coming down the pipeline that the consumer will be asked to just accept?

Reactions: shiekra38
Even though I don’t think the logos look bad at all, they objectively look rough around the edges which makes it worth asking the question—if this is deemed acceptable by the new leadership at the resort, what else is coming down the pipeline that the consumer will be asked to just accept?
More Gen Z bands at Horror Nights

• Haha
Reactions: OrlandoGuy
It does seem like the goal of the park logos was to have a unifying theme with globe/circular iconography. At least that's nice. :lol:
I think for the IOA one they should've worked in the globe like in the original..That's what I think it hitting people so different about that one

Probably none. That doesn't mean it wasn't bad that they were left up as long as they were.

Again, I don’t think “This has to be bad enough that guests cancel trips!” is the threshold at which we are allowed to say something isn’t very good.