Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty clear to me that different graphics were created for different uses, and mostly for use on the website and probably in print. These aren't "new logos" for the parks so much as new logos for promoting the parks.

They aren't gonna swap out the lighthouse sign at IOA any time soon, ya know?

Anyway, the flat logos were found at the EXPLORE MAP sections at the bottom of a ride, restaurant, show, etc page on the site:
examplemap.jpg

So this is the point where I say i have a minor in industrial engineering with a focus on human factors. Human factors is the study of how people interact with the world, more specifically with designed interfaces. These logos fail in three ways:
  1. Color choices - color choices do not stand out enough. issues for those with bad eyesight or colorblind.
  2. Fond design - skinny typefaces are harder to read, combine that with deep shadows or 3D effects and it makes it hard to read.
  3. Complex Images - gradients, accents, visual flourishes, etc make word detection hard.
Universal made poor choices that will impact everyone. I could likely write a senior thesis on why these logos suck but I’ll end it at that.

So this is the point where I say i have a minor in industrial engineering with a focus on human factors. Human factors is the study of how people interact with the world, more specifically with designed interfaces. These logos fail in three ways:
  1. Color choices - color choices do not stand out enough. issues for those with bad eyesight or colorblind.
  2. Fond design - skinny typefaces are harder to read, combine that with deep shadows or 3D effects and it makes it hard to read.
  3. Complex Images - gradients, accents, visual flourishes, etc make word detection hard.
Universal made poor choices that will impact everyone. I could likely write a senior thesis on why these logos suck but I’ll end it at that.
VIDEO ESSAY OR I'M BLOCKING YOU

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Skold
Funnily enough, it’s the same font - just tweaked for a different presentation.

I can buy that, but that only shows what a difference positioning, shaping, thickness, shading, and color make!
islands_of_adventure_logo.jpg

Remember a few years ago when they announced that they were going to start charging for large lockers at the attractions, and that the regular lockers would be smaller?

Everyone LOST THEIR MINDS. Now it's 2023.. and no one cares anymore.

Just wanted to make sure you guys remembered. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Remember a few years ago when they announced that they were going to start charging for large lockers at the attractions, and that the regular lockers would be smaller?

Everyone LOST THEIR MINDS. Now it's 2023.. and no one cares anymore.

Just wanted to make sure you guys remembered. :)
Are you familiar with the 7 stages of grief?

Which do you think we are in right now concerning lockers (which was still a silly thing to do)?

:cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95