Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

Universal Studios Japan announces new Halloween-themed experiences; confirms they will not be holding Surprise Halloween and Halloween Horror Nights for 2020.

#1 I believe it's a necessity (and therefore worthy expense) for new entertainment to be offered like this in Japan. They love their fresh entertainment offerings

#2 I could be wrong, but Orlando and Hollywood would have to buy/order/design costumes and such from the ground up, which could be an unapproved or deemed unnecessary expense

Just a thought

#1 I believe it's a necessity (and therefore worthy expense) for new entertainment to be offered like this in Japan. They love their fresh entertainment offerings

#2 I could be wrong, but Orlando and Hollywood would have to buy/order/design costumes and such from the ground up, which could be an unapproved or deemed unnecessary expense

Just a thought

Hollywood technically has the costumes to pull it off, as they often have seasonal attires.

Recent Monster Hunter World trailer mentions a Universal Studios Japan collaboration?

Does azure have anything to do with Universal Japan?

Recent Monster Hunter World trailer mentions a Universal Studios Japan collaboration?

Does azure have anything to do with Universal Japan?

I know they usually have an event called Universal Cool Japan in which they use many popular Japanese IPs like One Piece, Attack on Titan, Godzilla, Monster Hunter and more in temporary overlays to attractions- like turning the Waterworld show into a One Piece stunt show for instance.

That could be what they mean.

Excerpt: [Universal Studios Japan will deliver a variety of “NO LIMIT!” entertainment and invigorating experiences throughout the festive year where guests will “Get Energized with Endless Thrills and Excitement”. It will kick off its year-long 20th anniversary celebration with the opening of SUPER NINTENDO WORLD in early 2021, where guests can experience “Asobi”].

Asobi means "play" in Japanese.

In the early stages of planning my first trip to Japan. Obviously lots up in the air right now, but I thought I’d hammer out details of a potential trip for when we’re good to go.

My #1 reason for visiting Universal Japan is Jaws. I am ecstatic to get another ride or twelve around the lake. For planning purposes and to avoid catastrophe, does anyone know what time of year Jaws goes down for maintence? Any specific dates from the past would be helpful. Thanks!

In the early stages of planning my first trip to Japan. Obviously lots up in the air right now, but I thought I’d hammer out details of a potential trip for when we’re good to go.

My #1 reason for visiting Universal Japan is Jaws. I am ecstatic to get another ride or twelve around the lake. For planning purposes and to avoid catastrophe, does anyone know what time of year Jaws goes down for maintence? Any specific dates from the past would be helpful. Thanks!

Being the first to get Nintendo, and Flying Dinosaur (say what you will about the view, but a B&M flyer adds a lot of needed balance) help too.

According to the current USJ website it's due to go down for most of January 2021

But looks like it has gone down in Feb/March before:

I'd say you are fine if you avoid Jan/Feb and early March.

and I'm not jealous at all... nope not jealous :bolt:

Related to recent news...

Does anyone here understand how the USJ express passes work. I understand that various passes get you certain rides, but the descriptions on the USJ website don't easily specify what rides are included in each pass.

Related to recent news...

Does anyone here understand how the USJ express passes work. I understand that various passes get you certain rides, but the descriptions on the USJ website don't easily specify what rides are included in each pass.

From what I’ve been seeing, Express comes in groups of 4 or 7 with a “headliner” attraction. Meaning, you get the big headliner attraction - Flying Dino or Hollywood Dream Backdrop - with express access to other non-headliner attractions.

The closest thing I’ve seen to the American version of Express is their Royal Pass, which I’m considering getting if it guarantees timed entry and Express access to SNW. It’s essentially their VIP pass and costs around $400.