Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does someone have a ride tally handy? And how many rides are outdoor vs indoor?

How impacted will EU be during summer rain / thunderstorm season?

7 attractions will close for weather out of the main 11. (Donkey, Yoshi, Werewolf, Starfall, HTTYD Coaster, HTTYD Skyfly, HTTYD Water)

4 will remain open... basically on par with IOA.

Thinking out loud, I don't think I could enjoy a park with the majority of things to do being indoors. One of the key elements of going to parks is to get out, get some fresh air and enjoy yourself. Look at the studios, most everything indoors is a simulator and uses screens. While you can, in fact, do a lot of cool things indoors, you are still really limited. Who wants to build 100ft tall buildings from a financial and logistical standpoint? We complain about these big untheme boxes now lol, imagine a park full of them.

Reactions: tielo
Thinking out loud, I don't think I could enjoy a park with the majority of things to do being indoors. One of the key elements of going to parks is to get out, get some fresh air and enjoy yourself. Look at the studios, most everything indoors is a simulator and uses screens. While you can, in fact, do a lot of cool things indoors, you are still really limited. Who wants to build 100ft tall buildings from a financial and logistical standpoint? We complain about these big untheme boxes now lol, imagine a park full of them.
Well, you need a fair balance between both... especially in Florida.

IOA is a really bad experience during the summer rainstorms that shut down everything but 4 attractions. USF is the opposite, great since there are only 2 attractions that close, but the park feels "lifeless" with no major kinetic energy outside Rockit and street shows in NY/Diagon.

I’m not even sure if it needs to be a majority, but it certainly should have a better balance, so as to not fully ruin park operations. It’s Florida. Weather is getting more extreme every year. Build for the climate. Build for the usual conditions.

Of course, I’m sure this will be rectified in the coming expansions, but I’d have liked to see a better balance for the opening.

Universal has shown they can build thrilling and immersive indoor attractions, as well as immersive indoor family attractions. There is certainly no rule that says it needs to be like USF’s overuse of simulator or screens.

Give us a Cat in the Hat or ET style dark ride. Something like Secret Life of Pets. Build an immersive indoor coaster.

They have the money and ability.

I’m not even sure if it needs to be a majority, but it certainly should have a better balance, so as to not fully ruin park operations. It’s Florida. Weather is getting more extreme every year. Build for the climate. Build for the usual conditions.

Of course, I’m sure this will be rectified in the coming expansions, but I’d have liked to see a better balance for the opening.

Universal has shown they can build thrilling and immersive indoor attractions, as well as immersive indoor family attractions. There is certainly no rule that says it needs to be like USF’s overuse of simulator or screens.

Give us a Cat in the Hat or ET style dark ride. Something like Secret Life of Pets. Build an immersive indoor coaster.

They have the money and ability.
Good points about unbearable weather too, travel during the summer period has slowed/dropped over the past few years now (even Pre-Covid), so people are starting to avoid it. The parks are not doing much about it just yet... but they really should. An indoor land would do wonders at each park.

7 attractions will close for weather out of the main 11. (Donkey, Yoshi, Werewolf, Starfall, HTTYD Coaster, HTTYD Skyfly, HTTYD Water)

4 will remain open... basically on par with IOA.

But there are two shows that are indoors too, right? Each land has at least one indoor thing to do if I am not mistaken if not 2. That is pretty spread out which is good.

Reactions: Ahmanet
But there are two shows that are indoors too, right? Each land has at least one indoor thing to do if I am not mistaken if not 2. That is pretty spread out which is good.
Yes, it should be a far better rainy-day experience than IOA but Monsters won't really have anything major indoors outside of some shopping and dining.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
I think 4/5 lands will be fine during inclement weather, but Berk does worry me. It's the only land without an indoor ride and the show won't be airing all of the time. I imagine that whole area becomes completely dead during stormy weather (which is disappointing, the land would look gorgeous during it).
Berk desperately needs an indoor anchor ride. That areas attraction mix is strange.

Desperately is a strong word to use for a park that isn’t even open. Let’s just wait and see.
I'm happy to get rid of the word desperately if it seems hyperbolic, but I'll stand by the idea that Berk is in need of an anchor, preferably an indoor one given the parks overall ride mix. I feel its fairly safe to make some projections based on the considerable amount we know about EU and our knowledge of how theme parks work.

I'm happy to get rid of the word desperately if it seems hyperbolic, but I'll stand by the idea that Berk is in need of an anchor, preferably an indoor one given the parks overall ride mix. I feel its fairly safe to make some assumptions based on the considerable amount we know about EU and our knowledge of how theme parks work.
I believe the highly-anticipated show may be enough but we gotta wait and see.

I believe the highly-anticipated show may be enough but we gotta wait and see.
The show looks like a lot of fun, but is there a major theme park land anywhere that's anchored by a show? The only one that springs to mind is Camp Minnie-Mickey and perhaps the most durable theme park show in Orlando, Festival of the Lion King. If we consider Hollywood in USO a land (rather then a "main street" or mini-land) that might apply. For a lot of reasons (rewatchability, guest expectations, limited and staggered performances, etc.) its tricky to anchor a land with a show.

The show looks like a lot of fun, but is there a major theme park land anywhere that's anchored by a show? The only one that springs to mind is Camp Minnie-Mickey and perhaps the most durable theme park show in Orlando, Festival of the Lion King. If we consider Hollywood in USO a land (rather then a "main street" or mini-land) that might apply. For a lot of reasons (rewatchability, guest expectations, limited and staggered performances, etc.) its tricky to anchor a land with a show.

Maybe? This could be the exception to that rule, solely based on the word of mouth from the Beijing side of things. Will it translate over to the US the same way? Hopefully it does.