Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notices of commencement for foundation work posted for both the Project 912 hotel across the street from Epic Universe and the Project 910 hotel at the back of the park.

Contractor for P912 is in fact Finfrock, as we all had heard, but was not actually shown on documents specifically for that parcel until now. (Same contractor as Endless Summer Resort.)

20220538758_Page_01b.jpg

Also, really cool to see permits for P912 already switching to the new Epic Blvd road name for the little road that leads to the theme park!

B22900668.jpg

Here's one of two notices for P910's foundation work. This one is NOT being done by Finfrock. The notices for this one include both the hotel area and parking area.

20220544722_Page_01.jpg

And lastly, one of the P910 hotel's electrical sub-permit seems to confirm the rumor that the hotel at the back of the park will have 500 rooms. I know we've seen it in the trades for the hotel industry, but I never trust that those are coming from official sources and not just repeated rumors. Nice to see it on a permit now!

500-rooms-electrical.jpg

As I rode the Monorail yesterday I looked down onto the site for the new Polynesian DVC building and it looks like they're about ready to start the foundation work as well. I believe I read it will also be the prefab concrete construction method.

Now let's see who gets done first... :grin:

Of course DVC projects always seem to get built much faster than anything else on Disney property ;)

Maybe they are dropping the apostrophes to be consistent with the original brand name. It started as Universal Studios, not Universal's Studio.
The last time they tried to be consistent with the original brand name didn't work out well...
universal_escape.png

Joking aside, I don't think it's a bad decision... but unnecessary like the new logos lol

Universal is a brand and identity on its own

So without the possessive "Universal" functions less as a "hey just so you know, this is our park too" and more as a "This is part of our family of experiences under what 'Universal' is and all that entails"

To me it shows a unique confidence in the brand as a whole, and, for a company that is taking synergy seriously, this all makes sense

That being said, please re-re-design the IOA and VB logo thank you

Loews is in the name for Portofino, Royal Pacific and Sapphire.

Universal is in the name for every other hotel except Hard Rock.

So will Loews be involved with any Epic hotels as designer or operator or both?

Planning on coming to Florida again for 3 weeks when Epic Universe opens. On our first trip of 2022 we stayed 7 days Cabana Bay, 11 days Caribbean Beach. Universal are definitely capturing a higher proportion of our days & nights these days. We couldn’t resist a return last year (Velocicoaster‘s fault) and on the second trip, we only visited Universal, Seaworld and Busch, again staying at Cabana.

I’d love to stay on site again but far too pricey to do the 3 weeks in the main new hotel (I’m guessing). Possibly going to look at 7 day Cabana Bay, 10 day at Disney and 4 nights in this new one.

My question was, what level are we expecting the other 2 new hotels to be?

And also, we love Cabana bay, is Sapphire Falls worth the extra cost?

Last edited:
Planning on coming to Florida again for 3 weeks when Epic Universe opens. On our first trip of 2022 we stayed 7 days Cabana Bay, 11 days Caribbean Beach. Universal are definitely capturing a higher proportion of our days & nights these days. We couldn’t resist a return last year (Velocicoaster‘s fault) and on the second trip, we only visited Universal, Seaworld and Busch, again staying at Cabana.

I’d love to stay on site again but far too pricey to do the 3 weeks in the main new hotel (I’m guessing). Possibly going to look at 7 day Cabana Bay, 10 day at Disney and 4 nights in this new one.

My question was, what level are we expecting the other 2 hotels to be?

A tough call on CBBR and Sapphire. We've been to both a lot and really like both. Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire is our fav restaurant/bar at Universal. Amatista is a nice restaurant also. The Water Taxi is a close walk. Very good pool. Cabana Bay is best doing a suite. Two very good pools and lazy river one ups Sapphire. Plus the pool bars at CBBR are a bit better. CBBR Food court is one of best around, but no real serious sit down restaurant. At CBBR we use the 'not to be crossed' crosswalk to get across the street to Sapphire water taxi, and the buses are super convenient, always one waiting, not like at Disney. CBBR regular price is better. Generally, we only do Sapphire when they have one of their special pricing discounts that bring it closer to CBBR suite price. So, bottom line, we really like both, but we choose CBBR three times to every one at Sapphire. Now that they kicked the prices up so much on Portofino and Royal Pacific , which we used to use most of the time, CBBR has probably become our number one target. Since I know the way around avoiding long line times so well, the Hotel Express pass isn't as important to us as it used to be.

I think 4 days at Helios could end up costing as much as 7 days at CBBR and 10 days at a Disney value. I’m not sure if Helios will include Express though which will bring the price down maybe.

For the other Epic resorts, I think they’ll be priced between CBBR and Sapphire.

I think 4 days at Helios could end up costing as much as 7 days at CBBR and 10 days at a Disney value. I’m not sure if Helios will include Express though which will bring the price down maybe.

For the other Epic resorts, I think they’ll be priced between CBBR and Sapphire.

To be honest, I’m constantly surprised by how well priced Cabana Bay is. It’s a constant temptation, I have to train myself not to look!

Fully expect Helios to cost more Cabana Bay 7 nights To be honest (Potentially double?!), but I feel it needs to be done, as a one off.

I visited Islands during opening year as a child and this park feels like a right of passage haha

In my personal opinion, Cabana Bay is the worst Orlando on-site resort (though haven’t experienced Endless Summer or the All-Stars)…Sapphire Falls, for its price, is one of the best.

Obviously not the most popular opinion, but if you find all else being equal, maybe this will sway you. Sapphire really just does a lot right.

Helios will probably be 'sky high' in price, looking at the Disney type price increases for Portofino, RP, and Hard Rock these past few years.

Yup, I don't buy the idea that just cause it may or may not have express, doesn't mean it won't be expensive.

It'll be Orlando's first "true" in-park hotel with actual theme park views. Just offering an exclusive theme park entrance to the park with Mario will be a good enough draw and a reason to have premium prices.

It'll probably be at the same level as Portofino/Hard Rock pricing but labeled as the same category as Sapphire just to avoid confusion with the complimentary express benefit.

It'll probably be at the same level as Portofino/Hard Rock pricing but labeled as the same category as Sapphire just to avoid confusion with the complimentary express benefit.
This last bit could be tricky, honestly, as people are liable to be confused either way.

Price it too high, but advertise it as a lesser product and you alienate that Sapphire crowd as they feel priced out.

Advertise it as Sapphire level and charge Portofino rates and you alienate those who can afford Portofino as it seems less than.

It’s kind of like the Galaxy’s Edge issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.