Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is a certain land moving back to the KZ already? It just seems like a perfect recipe for it to be a really, really, REALLY long time before SNW finally debuts in FL.
Don't expect Universal to start building attraction when there is no end of Covid-19 in sight. As soon as it happens everything goes (if there still is money to invest). I expect they will fast-track Epic Universe.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think they're going to have to make a clutch judgement call soon. Construction costs are coming back up, so are materials orders, they're going to have to either take the loss in a year or two with all of the pent-up demand or they're going to have to put some cash down to start construction and lock in at least some job prices.

They really should go for it. A brand new park will take a sizable chunk out of Disney’s market share in a couple of years. If they don’t built it, they only have the JP coaster opening whereas Disney has Guardians, Remy, and Tron in the wings. Smartest move is to take the hit now.

Being on Universal Blvd, and eventually with that direct line from the Kirkman extension, those hotels would serve to add rooms to the existing resort, as well as Epic Universe, so they have value outside of the new park... Similarly, the new backstage areas for Epic were planned to also serve the existing resort as well, so they also have a higher priority than the actual new park at this time.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Being on Universal Blvd, and eventually with that direct line from the Kirkman extension, those hotels would serve to add rooms to the existing resort, as well as Epic Universe, so they have value outside of the new park... Similarly, the new backstage areas for Epic were planned to also serve the existing resort as well, so they also have a higher priority than the actual new park at this time.

I just dunno if after this they should be adding any new hotels. Like, they can't get about half the current ones to be open right now.

Last edited:
Delaying the Monsters (with no guarantee that they'd ever come) would be crushing.

I mean, yes, I'm sure we'd all rather get some version of the park than no park at all, but the Monsters area is the thing I'm most looking forward to, and it's not even close.

Delaying the Monsters (with no guarantee that they'd ever come) would be crushing.

I mean, yes, I'm sure we'd all rather get some version of the park than no park at all, but the Monsters area is the thing I'm most looking forward to, and it's not even close.

Given Universal’s track record at building attractions, I wouldn’t be worried about Monsters not coming.

Obviously I’d rather see them build the park the way it was meant to be but in the world were currently living in, I’d take a staggered opening.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

A Monsters land could be amazing, but I really don't want Forbidden Journey losing its uniqueness. Such a dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies.