Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So half the park would be Dreamworks? Not sure I like that idea.

Also, Fantastic Beasts was supposed to have some pretty groundbreaking rides. KFP would probably a clone of Beijing and Trolls would be another boat ride when there's already a boat ride in KFP.

Wasn’t there talk that it was going to be Potter instead of FB?

KFP definitely sounds more appealing to me than FB. Trolls eh...

Replace FB with Kung-Fu Panda and Trolls.

Delay Monsters.
How bout we just add KFP instead of taking anything away, maybe delay Monsters. KFP is likely cheaper and easier, plus this park is hoping to get fams in so this would help for opening I think.

But I want Monsters lol

Also, Fantastic Beasts was supposed to have some pretty groundbreaking rides. KFP would probably a clone of Beijing and Trolls would be another boat ride when there's already a boat ride in KFP.
KFP would also have lots of repetition with Dragons in terms of appeal.

I think a staggered opening might be the likely play. Guarantee attendance with Nintendo and a beautiful hub, round out the park with hub attractions and Dragons. Still open with more attractions that DHS or AK at launch (maybe DCA 1.0 levels but with better atmosphere). Roll out new lands as attendance improves post-COVID.

I know staggered roll-outs have kind of a bad rap, but EU will be a whole park of presumably high quality. I know Universal doesn't necessarily read these forums but Universal, KEEP THE HUB INTACT. That's going to last much longer than any land and you don't want to be left with DCA or Studios Paris structural problems borne from budget cuts to an area of the park that can't be easily changed

Basically, if they do budget cuts, prioritize a strong foundation off of which the full park can blossom ten to fifteen years from now. Which means keep that hub

I'd much rather see KFP saved for KidZone somewhere down the line if Nintendo doesn't end up there. And I think having a park with anchor lands of Nintendo, HTTYD, and KFP/TROLLS would really skew things towards the young side. I feel like at least one land needs to be based around a live action property.

A Monsters land could be amazing, but I really don't want Forbidden Journey losing its uniqueness. Such a dilemma...
Just because it would use the same ride system doesn't necessarily mean it would feel the same. I don't think we're looking at a Spider-Man to Transformers situation.

I'd much rather see KFP saved for KidZone somewhere down the line if Nintendo doesn't end up there. And I think having a park with anchor lands of Nintendo, HTTYD, and KFP/TROLLS would really skew things towards the young side. I feel like at least one land needs to be based around a live action property.

Well, there was a time when they were planning that.

Definitely think the best route to go is to have Nintendo, Fantastic Beasts, and HTTYD day one. Fantastic Beasts is supposed to have two major groundbreaking dark rides, which will be needed to get people through the gates. If KFP/Trolls replaces it, that leaves Mario Kart as the only relatively thrilling dark ride in the park.

The only way that could work is to give HTTYD a dark ride of some sort, which means altering the plans a lot. And then you have to come up with something other than a boat ride for trolls, or else the main KFP ride will be too similar to it.

Reactions: alias8703

Dreamworks is the best portfolio Universal owns, and it’s got barely any representation across the resort. And the representation it does have is... it’s Shrek 3-D. If this park is supposed to be Universal’s “family-friendly” challenge to Magic Kingdom, they have to lean hard into Dreamworks.

Building a clone and a relatively inexpensive boat ride would allows them to bring in two IPs that would draw families (likely as well as HP at this point, which is a bit of a tainted brand), while actual being able to save some money. The planned attractions can be dropped into Diagon and/or reworked for the later UCM land.

Dreamworks is the best portfolio Universal owns, and it’s got barely any representation across the resort. And the representation it does have is... it’s Shrek 3-D. If this park is supposed to be Universal’s “family-friendly” challenge to Magic Kingdom, they have to lean hard into Dreamworks.

Building a clone and a relatively inexpensive boat ride would allows them to bring in two IPs that would draw families (likely as well as HP at this point, which is a bit of a tainted brand), while actual being able to save some money. The planned attractions can be dropped into Diagon and/or reworked for the later UCM land.
If this is the case, I still think the park would need a thrilling dark ride. The park would lack any resemblance of one. Space Fantasy could do pretty well.

If this is the case, I still think the park would need a thrilling dark ride. The park would lack any resemblance of one. Space Fantasy could do pretty well.
Maybe they can split the difference with FB and Panda.

Build a smaller version of the FB land with only one amazing dark ride rather than two (I know, how terrible).

Then build the Kung Fu Panda boat ride, but as a small offshoot of the rumored Asia themed section of the hub. Maybe add the lantern spinner somewhere in the same area, but don't devote a whole land to the IP.

That way you get you get a cheaper version of your cheap clone but you don't lose a full land for it and maintain room for an expanded FB area.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Losing UCM would take away my interest for this park. It’s UCM and a plussed up version of SNW that interests me. Everything else is icing on the cake. Delay UCM, and I doubt I’d visit until it’s expanded.

It’s UCM and a plussed up version of SNW that interests me.

I don't think Orlando's SNW is going to be plussed-up, either. I know the talk initially was that, as a consolation prize for having to be last in line to get the land, ours would be the biggest and best version, it sure looks like Japan is going to have all three attractions that Orlando's is supposed to have by the time Orlando's eventually opens (in whichever park that happens to be).

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Losing UCM would take away my interest for this park. It’s UCM and a plussed up version of SNW that interests me. Everything else is icing on the cake. Delay UCM, and I doubt I’d visit until it’s expanded.
That's valid. Personally for me it's simply the prospect of Tokyo DisneySea level aesthetics in the hub and Diagon level aesthetics in the lands and restaurants, whatever those lands and restaurants may be.
I don't think Orlando's SNW is going to be plussed-up, either. I know the talk initially was that, as a consolation prize for having to be last in line to get the land, ours would be the biggest and best version, it sure looks like Japan is going to have all three attractions that Orlando's is supposed to have by the time Orlando's eventually opens (in whichever park that happens to be).
You know what their SNW won't have though? This building!
universal-epic-universe-third-park-orlando-florida-concept-art.jpg

I’ve grown to appreciate DreamWorks much more over the years. They’re CAPABLE of being just as good as (most of) Pixar’s work IMO.

However, HP is still the most crowded part of the parks, bar none. In the context of bringing FB, I agree. But if they had any of “main” Potter planned (was that not the talk on here some months ago?) it might be smart to prioritize that and Nintendo.

Last edited:
I would very much like to see this.
It does not get more "1984" than this shirt.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.