Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the reimagined Battlestar Galactica series and I would stand in land for a photo with Six but besides a simulator like attraction like attraction where we board individual vipers to enter a space battle I fail to see a miniland in an attraction park (and yes I think a dueling coaster just doesn't do it.
Star Trek has a more fleshed out universe. That not being a Universal ip (it's VIACOM) makes me think we are not going to see it in the park.
Middle Earth would be a homerun for sure. I expect Universal is trying it's best to get that ip.

Not sure who has the US rights to it (if anyone) but a Doctor Who park could be pretty cool. You could even sell wand-like merch with sonic screwdrivers causing effects around the zone, and you have 60+ years of characters, settings, and aesthetics to pull from.

Not sure who has the US rights to it (if anyone) but a Doctor Who park could be pretty cool. You could even sell wand-like merch with sonic screwdrivers causing effects around the zone, and you have 60+ years of characters, settings, and aesthetics to pull from.
Well, here we go. Convert FB into Doctor Who. Make the Ministry of Magic attraction a Tardis adventure through various locations and times (going after The Master), and turn the interactive coaster into a Dalek or Cyberman assault ride. Leave the London side as is and turn France into Gallifrey.

Best part is that you can use various Doctors and they, technically, never go out of date.

Reactions: Grabnar
Universal has a big enough stable of their own IPs with the Dreamworks Animation to fill half a park.
It could fill a whole park, really.

Dragons
Panda
Shrek
Croods
Trolls
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Road to El Dorado
Rise of the Guardians
Madagascar

Dreamworks ALSO has

Galaxy Quest
The Time Machine
Cowboys and Aliens

(which is your sci-fi section)

Dreamworks ALSO has

Galaxy Quest
The Time Machine
Cowboys and Aliens

(which is your sci-fi section)
Dreamworks and Dreamworks animation are separate entities. Universal own Dreamworks Animation, not Dreamworks, although I'd guess they might be able to license those if they wanted to. I just don't see them being draws.

With the animation stuff, Shrek, HTTYD, KFP, Trolls, and Madagascar offer tons of possibilities that even those not familiar with them might find appealing. I've only seen Shrek and Trolls on that list, but I am familiar with the others in passing and can see the potential for theme park development for some or all of them.

DreamWorks Animation’s catalog also includes things they acquired including the Rankin Bass stop motion Xmas specials like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

They also own: Archie, Casper the Friendly Ghost, The Lone Ranger, Lassie, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Gumby, Underdog, Fat Albert, Godzilla, He-Man, Dick Tracy, Frosty the Snowman, and Mr. Peabody & Sherman.

DreamWorks Animation’s catalog also includes things they acquired including the Rankin Bass stop motion Xmas specials like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

They also own: Archie, Casper the Friendly Ghost, The Lone Ranger, Lassie, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Gumby, Underdog, Fat Albert, Godzilla, He-Man, Dick Tracy, Frosty the Snowman, and Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
I thought Godzilla is still owned by Toho...

Reactions: Moose84
I want an indoor (KFP style) land based on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Cold (ish), fake snow all year, the round trees, the characters as animatronics. It would be AWESOME and a big hit year round! Everyone knows the characters/story and it's in Universal's portfolio with Dreamworks Animation. When SeaWorld and others contracts run out, don't renew and keep it for EU!

Can we just please call a timeout on this franchise? Maybe replace the land with a different British IP? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or Treasure Island, or Peaky Blinders...
I would absolutely lose it if I saw a large scale replica of Tim Burton's Chocolate Factory replica with a dark ride based of the boat ride from the 2005 film.

Interesting, Rudolph and Frosty would be decent meet-and-greets during Christmas season, surprised they haven’t rolled those out yet

Interesting, Rudolph and Frosty would be decent meet-and-greets during Christmas season, surprised they haven’t rolled those out yet
Am I stupid to think in the US a year round Christmas themed land with them? Not commenting on if it’s a positive or a negative, but the US had commercialized Christmas very well, heck I love Christmas so much, there’s a store in IOA, idk, it’s a thought. An indoor one in Orlando would be so amazing in the summer and poor weather days and “Christmas In July!” Events sell themselves.

Am I stupid to think in the US a year round Christmas themed land with them? Not commenting on if it’s a positive or a negative, but the US had commercialized Christmas very well, heck I love Christmas so much, there’s a store in IOA, idk, it’s a thought. An indoor one in Orlando would be so amazing in the summer and poor weather days and “Christmas In July!” Events sell themselves.

Not sure about those two characters particularly, but the Mr. Crumpit/mini Whoville takeover of Lost Continent will always be my dream attraction. It would work very well.

Besides that though I wouldn’t think a Christmas land would work year round. I’d enjoy it personally but a lot of people want nothing to do with Xmas until after Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.