Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't work in theme parks without gaining a little cross-disciplinary knowledge (design, architecture, theater, psychology, etc). I doubt that the specific background of the person matters. And if it did, being an engineer does not necessarily predispose a person towards intricate, complex creations. Sometimes the most effective solution to a problem is the simplest one.

Alright, this is just something that's stuck my craw a little bit. But does anyone think that if Disney were building EU (all else being equal), people would be upset about it, given that it's four fairly unconnected IPs with a very loose "underlying theme?"

Alright, this is just something that's stuck my craw a little bit. But does anyone think that if Disney were building EU (all else being equal), people would be upset about it, given that it's four fairly unconnected IPs with a very loose "underlying theme?"
It’s no more disparate than Magic Kingdom or Disneyland Park’s themes. Star Wars/Old West/New Orleans/and cartoon land is pretty unconnected to me.

Being that this is UOR’s hub park, I don’t see it as too different to be honest.

DCA and Hollywood Studios are just hodgepodge parks. Honestly, when it comes to the US parks only Animal Kingdom actual has a cohesive theme. EPCOT did, (or at least two themes,) but nowit’s getting a little hodgepodgey too.

Epic Universe is no more different from IOA or the new Universal Studios Beijing as far as offering immersive IP driven lands.

So, MuggleNet is hearing what Alicia has said, with them hearing that the Parisian section of Potter...being in the 1920's?

Are we suddenly going to need time-turners to go into the Ministry?

Last edited:

So, MuggleNet is hearing what Alicia has said, with them hearing that the Parisian section of Potter...being in the 1920's?

Are we suddenly going to need time-turners to go into the Ministry?
They’re behind on hearing the VR ride moved to Studios though?

Here’s what’s crazy, as far as I can tell, the streets are 1920’s Paris from Fantastic Beasts and the main attraction is 1990’s British Ministry of Magic, and that’s how IT’S ALWAYS BEEN! No changes. Still.

They’re behind on hearing the VR ride moved to Studios though?

Here’s what’s crazy, as far as I can tell, the streets are 1920’s Paris from Fantastic Beasts and the main attraction is 1990’s British Ministry of Magic, and that’s how IT’S ALWAYS BEEN! No changes. Still.
Thinking they have something in mind for that second attraction or they don't have time to redesign cause they want this park open yesterday.

I don't think British Ministry of Magic is 1990's but timeless wizarding world.
I have hopes for a magical creature dark ride (water, land, sky patent we have seen before). It could be inspired by Newt's suitcase but the story can be in the Potter age where a group with an undescriptive teacher visit the zoo like inside of the suitcase when one of the animals is missing. The niffler will be the narrative tread.

I don't think British Ministry of Magic is 1990's but timeless wizarding world.

If we can infer anything from the architectural design of the Wizarding World in the movies, it's that (British) Wizarding culture does not seem to move quickly onward to new design aesthetics; I'd have no problem believing that Britain's MOM has looked like it does since the 19th century.

So regardless of the time period the land is "set" in, I don't think anyone would question why we're seeing the Ministry as it appeared in the 1990s-set movies.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It’s no more disparate than Magic Kingdom or Disneyland Park’s themes. Star Wars/Old West/New Orleans/and cartoon land is pretty unconnected to me.

Being that this is UOR’s hub park, I don’t see it as too different to be honest.

DCA and Hollywood Studios are just hodgepodge parks. Honestly, when it comes to the US parks only Animal Kingdom actual has a cohesive theme. EPCOT did, (or at least two themes,) but nowit’s getting a little hodgepodgey too.

Epic Universe is no more different from IOA or the new Universal Studios Beijing as far as offering immersive IP driven lands.

Yeah, and a lot of the fandom is extremely unhappy with that, which inspired me to make this post. :dance:

Last edited:
Intamin has a new ride concept called a "DomeRide". While a park like UNI would have to build two theaters to have sufficient capacity, this type of ride would be an interesting medium for a monsters ride or even Potter.
haha I always thought that ride system would be the ultimate reborn of TWISTER for USF

So regardless of the time period the land is "set" in, I don't think anyone would question why we're seeing the Ministry as it appeared in the 1990s-set movies.
I can question why it's in 1920's Paris, however.

I am sure there's either a clever #story reason, or it's a vanity requirement from WB/JKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.