Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 340 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only slight concern (and it's not really a concern at all) is that I hope the movement of the ride vehicle is also differentiated from Forbidden Journey. Keep the two attractions as distinct from each other as is possible while still accomplishing what you need the vehicle to accomplish.

Beyond that, it's easily shaping up to be my most anticipated ride in the park.
I trust them fully after seeing Jurassic World Adventure in Beijing with the Scoop. I’m insanely hyped!

Anyone else that HTTYD land area concept art?

Unlike the Monsters concept art posted on THEMEPARX yesterday, it looks like this concept art of HTTYD matches up very well with the site plans we have seen.

That does not mean that this concept art floating around the web for the Sky Fly and part of the coaster is 100% accurate though (because it is concept art).

Unlike the Monsters concept art posted on THEMEPARX yesterday, it looks like this concept art of HTTYD matches up very well with the site plans we have seen.

That does not mean that this concept art floating around the web for the Sky Fly and part of the coaster is 100% accurate though (because it is concept art).
That sheep at the tops looks kinda similar to the Kung Fu Panda artstyle.

If this area was a combination of the two, that'd be really cool.

It gives me Toy Story Land vibes, to be completely honest.

Mandatory Disclaimer: it's just concept art, etc.

It gives me Toy Story Land vibes, to be completely honest.

Mandatory Disclaimer: it's just concept art, etc.
It's a recreation of the elevated seating in dragon racing segment of How to Train Your Dragon 2. The sheep appear in all the films.

EDIT: The concept art and blueprints for the land also show the coaster flying through that structure. With the trees and what looks to be an elevated land grade, it could be a very kinetic and visually arresting part of the land.

Concept-Art-HTTYD-new.jpg

Last edited:
It's a recreation of the elevated seating in dragon racing segment of How to Train Your Dragon 2. The sheep appear in all the films.

EDIT: The concept art and blueprints for the land also show the coaster flying through that structure. With the trees and what looks to be an elevated land grade, it could be a very kinetic and visually arresting part of the land.

View attachment 15681

I was talking more about the general aesthetic; colored guard rails, lots of uncovered outdoor queue/open-air-but-covered queue, lightly-themed coaster track, etc.

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad. Just doesn't float my boat... as concept art.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
I was talking more about the general aesthetic; colored guard rails, lots of uncovered outdoor queue/open-air-but-covered queue, lightly-themed coaster track, etc.

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad. Just doesn't float my boat... as concept art.
That's fair. I personally like the aesthetic. It feels like something that would fit in at Dollywood (which might speak to your point, but which I like). I'm not sure if any additional theming beyond what they've done would be appropriate for a souped up flat ride, but I'm curious to hear how you'd prefer to see the queue down differently.

EDIT: Actually I know. They could have had the coaster, Sky Fly, and boats all within the same general and interacting with each other.

EDIT 2: Also, get rid of that netting. There should be plenty of time for the next boarding group to place their items in lockers during the current ride cycle.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

I think it’s just a small part of a legit MASSIVE land, so you naturally need queue spacing and they included the environment around you enough, I think in practice it’ll be fabulous, but that’s my opinion like your opinion is yours.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
That's fair. I personally like the aesthetic. It feels like something that would fit in at Dollywood (which might speak to your point, but which I like). I'm not sure if any additional theming beyond what they've done would be appropriate for a souped up flat ride, but I'm curious to hear how you'd prefer to see the queue down differently.
I think it’s just a small part of a legit MASSIVE land, so you naturally need queue spacing and they included the environment around you enough, I think in practice it’ll be fabulous, but that’s my opinion like your opinion is yours.

All fair. In the interest of full disclosure, the show is the only component of the land that truly interests me, so it likely would have taken a lot to impress me at the concept art stage to begin with.

And I feel like I need to keep reiterating every time I'm less-than-ecstatic about something regarding this park: I have every reason to believe it will be a quality endeavor. Just, perhaps, not as much "for me" as other areas (hopefully) will be.

And I feel like I need to keep re-iterating every time I'm less-than-ecstatic about something regarding this park: I have every reason to believe it will be a quality endeavor. Just perhaps not as much "for me" as other areas (hopefully) will be.
Of course. However, if you aren't, like the rest of us, wholly enraptured by the Mack Interactive Boat Ride, then you are far beyond saving.

• Haha
Reactions: belloq87
All fair. In the interest of full disclosure, the show is the only component of the land that truly interests me, so it likely would have taken a lot to impress me at the concept art stage to begin with.

And I feel like I need to keep reiterating every time I'm less-than-ecstatic about something regarding this park: I have every reason to believe it will be a quality endeavor. Just, perhaps, not as much "for me" as other areas (hopefully) will be.
Oh I don’t doubt you, I just think this will appeal to you so that’s why I mention! I hear you totally.

Reactions: belloq87
All of these pieces of art and information are just making me so excited to see how everything comes together. We truly got an amazing park in the works with a dedicated team behind it.

I mean…we have Dragons, Monsters, Hub restaurants and a store. Plus we already know how Nintendo will look. Soooo…I wouldn’t mind seeing some HP. :look:
We’ve been lucky, no doubt, I wanna see the Hub. Potter will look like France from FB, and The Ministry Of Magic, if anything we got a good vibe of what that land will he like, we just don’t know the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.