Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine Disney being ok with a freebie Cirque show when they're charging $85-$185 a seat 10 miles away. I'm pretty sure there is some restrictions on a permanent show within a set distance..
As long as it isn’t done by Cirque de sol, Disney doesn’t have theme park rights to circus performances. But I’m sure they’ve tried to obtain them at some pint.

Reactions: Eckert
I can't imagine Disney being ok with a freebie Cirque show when they're charging $85-$185 a seat 10 miles away. I'm pretty sure there is some restrictions on a permanent show within a set distance..
It wouldn't be a "freebie" show. It would be the same price as the one at Disney. Remember, at this park, the hub is basically their CityWalk.

Where the hell is this show idea coming from? I'll spare y'all the time: it's a carousel.

It wouldn't be a "freebie" show. It would be the same price as the one at Disney. Remember, at this park, the hub is basically their CityWalk.
I thought the most current indications were leaning towards this not being the case.

Yeah last I heard it's a rejected idea.

With the hub I feel they’re really trying to make that a draw for EU resort guests. Maybe it’ll be open earlier, later, for them, or discounted (doubt this lol), but I think it’s just meant to be a gorgeous walkway to the lands with some Mythos level dining scattered throughout, along with a massive fountain and rock work.

Oh, and a carousel and coaster. It sounds fabulous.

With the hub I feel they’re really trying to make that a draw for EU resort guests. Maybe it’ll be open earlier, later, for them, or discounted (doubt this lol), but I think it’s just meant to be a gorgeous walkway to the lands with some Mythos level dining scattered throughout, along with a massive fountain and rock work.

Oh, and a carousel and coaster. It sounds fabulous.
Yea, I am sticking with my theory that the hub will remain open longer than the lands. Like, cut off entry to the lands, (while also cycling out the guests already in lines for the rides). Then force everyone to eat dinner at the options in the hub, or shop, if they want to stay for nighttime show.

Essentially the same way the current parks operate much of the year. Close the parks early enough that dinner at CityWalk on the way out seems like an easier choice than having to drive somewhere else.

Not an open hub concept for non park guests, but still a way to utilize how easily the lands can be closed off from the hub.

Yea, I am sticking with my theory that the hub will remain open longer than the lands. Like, cut off entry to the lands, (while also cycling out the guests already in lines for the rides). Then force everyone to eat dinner at the options in the hub, or shop, if they want to stay for nighttime show.

Essentially the same way the current parks operate much of the year. Close the parks early enough that dinner at CityWalk on the way out seems like an easier choice than having to drive somewhere else.

Not an open hub concept for non park guests, but still a way to utilize how easily the lands can be closed off from the hub.

Or open at this time for hotel guests for free....but only the hub is open.

It's effectively what Epcot did when they were closing Future World at like 7pm.

I’m thinking a perk for EU hotels, particularly the in park hotel, have to be able to get early/exclusive access to dining reservations, I’d think? I’m sure some will offer Express Pass to be a perk but I feel these might add another “step” per say to make it really worth staying away from the other 2 parks.

The comparison to Citywalk and current operations I think is exactly what they’re going for, but instead of Mini Golf being the only attraction, they’ll be 2 freaking coasters!!!!

We all know not everything Universal patents gets used, but I thought I would share this patent. It is called "Efficient management of facial recognition systems and methods in multiple areas". It records facial recognition data when you enter a theme park, and then uses it for entry/exit of each of the theme park areas within the park.

This patent is specifically about decreasing database usage by only holding data temporarily, rather than always keeping all of the data at each area of the park, but I found the image of touchless turnstiles at each theme park area strikingly similar to earlier rumors. (Even cancelled projects get patented though.)

This patent was filed in January 2020 and published August of last year.

I should also note that this is not the only facial technology patent from Universal, but it is the only one I have seen with multiple theme park areas utilizing the technology, and not just the park entrance.

multi0.jpg

multi1.jpg
FIG. 1 is a schematic representation of a theme park, including multiple park areas, that uses facial recognition techniques for guest management

multi2.jpg
FIG. 2 is a block diagram of a facial recognition system employing facial recognition techniques by using a theme park database and park area databases corresponding to the park areas of FIG. 1

multi3.jpg
FIG. 3 is a flow diagram of a process for increasing facial recognition throughput of the theme park of FIG. 1

multi4.jpg
FIG. 4 is a perspective view of a guest entering the theme park of FIG. 1 and triggering the facial recognition system of FIG. 2 to perform the process of FIG. 3

multi5.jpg
FIG. 5 is a block diagram of the theme park database of FIG. 2 and the park area databases of FIG. 2

We all know not everything Universal patents gets used, but I thought I would share this patent. It is called "Efficient management of facial recognition systems and methods in multiple areas". It records facial recognition data when you enter a theme park, and then uses it for entry/exit of each of the theme park areas within the park.

This patent is specifically about decreasing database usage by only holding data temporarily, rather than always keeping all of the data at each area of the park, but I found the image of touchless turnstiles at each theme park area strikingly similar to earlier rumors. (Even cancelled projects get patented though.)

This patent was filed in January 2020 and published August of last year.

I should also note that this is not the only facial technology patent from Universal, but it is the only one I have seen with multiple theme park areas utilizing the technology, and not just the park entrance.

View attachment 15719

View attachment 15720
FIG. 1 is a schematic representation of a theme park, including multiple park areas, that uses facial recognition techniques for guest management

View attachment 15721
FIG. 2 is a block diagram of a facial recognition system employing facial recognition techniques by using a theme park database and park area databases corresponding to the park areas of FIG. 1

View attachment 15722
FIG. 3 is a flow diagram of a process for increasing facial recognition throughput of the theme park of FIG. 1

View attachment 15723
FIG. 4 is a perspective view of a guest entering the theme park of FIG. 1 and triggering the facial recognition system of FIG. 2 to perform the process of FIG. 3

View attachment 15724
FIG. 5 is a block diagram of the theme park database of FIG. 2 and the park area databases of FIG. 2
Interesting....especially in the fact that Universal has ceased using facial recognition for it's hotel Express passes, and has returned to the old system, sans facial...Facial just seemed to very much slow the process and required more employees in the Express line.....Plus, there's been stories in the media that the facial recognition systems have issues with people of color, namely they don't work well accurately with them.

Interesting....especially in the fact that Universal has ceased using facial recognition for it's hotel Express passes, and has returned to the old system, sans facial...Facial just seemed to very much slow the process and required more employees in the Express line.....Plus, there's been stories in the media that the facial recognition systems have issues with people of color, namely they don't work well accurately with them.
Some of the other patents, including newer ones, don't explicitly say "facial recognition," instead using the catch all term "guest-matching and validation," with examples given like: the guest's face, finger, full body scan and iris, or via other features such as a personal electronic device

Facial just seemed to very much slow the process and required more employees in the Express line.....Plus, there's been stories in the media that the facial recognition systems have issues with people of color, namely they don't work well accurately with them.
Most computer vision tech has issues with people of color imo. It also feels like a lot of the issues facial recognition purports to solve can be addressed with greater efficiency by employees.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Where the hell is this show idea coming from? I'll spare y'all the time: it's a carousel.

You mean there's an actual ride in the area described as "ride pit"? No, it can't be that simple! (I mean this in jest :p)

Thanks to everyone who clarified that though!

Alright, so almost everything there makes sense (theme park entrance, water slide, eatery, indoor ride entrance (presumably))... but what the heck is the purpose of the ostrich being there? :eek:O: It seems so out of place and it's not even labeled but I assume it's there for a reason, right?

You mean there's an actual ride in the area described as "ride pit"? No, it can't be that simple! (I mean this in jest :p)

Thanks to everyone who clarified that though!

Alright, so almost everything there makes sense (theme park entrance, water slide, eatery, indoor ride entrance (presumably))... but what the heck is the purpose of the ostrich being there? :eek:O: It seems so out of place and it's not even labeled but I assume it's there for a reason, right?
Ostrich shows up as a placeholder for characters in universal’s patents. Used to be random dinosaurs and sometimes the Hulk just for fun.

In Nintendo patents, they used an ostrich instead of Bowser, Jr for the power up band boss challenge.

Ostrich shows up as a placeholder for characters in universal’s patents. Used to be random dinosaurs and sometimes the Hulk just for fun.

In Nintendo patents, they used an ostrich instead of Bowser, Jr for the power up band boss challenge.
Ahh, yeah that makes sense. I've looked at some of the other patents posted before but I only just started to really look at them now, so I didn't catch on earlier. Thanks!

Any thoughts about transport from London to the new Wizarding World? This may be crazy, but could there be a Knight Bus experience from the back of Studios to the back of Epic Universe?

Reactions: Nico
Status
Not open for further replies.