Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 349 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the actual fun installations are going to go super quick and this is going to stay as dirt for quite a while

If we go by normal Universal timelines, the actual fun 'theming schtuff' part is actually a small portion of the overal timeline thanks to prefabrication
Yep, if it’s anything like the chemical industry it goes from “cement plot” to “finished product” in about 1/10 the time it takes to go from “field” to “cement plot”.

Reactions: shiekra38
I feel like the actual fun installations are going to go super quick and this is going to stay as dirt for quite a while

If we go by normal Universal timelines, the actual fun 'theming schtuff' part is actually a small portion of the overal timeline thanks to prefabrication
If you're only interested in theming, then you're going to be bored for a long time still.

If you can get excited about some of the less interesting pieces of a theme park resort destination, then there should be plenty of fun happening by next fall if 2025 is the plan.

To swing back around to this...

Read the latest comment on this page:

View attachment 15711
"O", fascinating.
I have been under the impression that a Cirque du Soleil show would be included in the new resort long before we got any concept art. When I saw the art, the large round domed stained glass building seemed to be the logical place for it. Which would make sense with the rumored "open hub". After seeing the permit, I am even more confident that it is a Cirque show. Specifically a show kind of similar to "O" in Las Vegas. "O" has a Chlorine Room, an Acid Room, and Hydraulic Lifts mounted in "lift pits", and it's associated oil separator. Although, they use mostly bromide and a small amount of chlorine to keep the chlorine smell down in the theater.

I have been under the impression that a Cirque du Soleil show would be included in the new resort long before we got any concept art. When I saw the art, the large round domed stained glass building seemed to be the logical place for it. Which would make sense with the rumored "open hub". After seeing the permit, I am even more confident that it is a Cirque show. Specifically a show kind of similar to "O" in Las Vegas. "O" has a Chlorine Room, an Acid Room, and Hydraulic Lifts mounted in "lift pits", and it's associated oil separator. Although, they use mostly bromide and a small amount of chlorine to keep the chlorine smell down in the theater.

Interesting. Very interesting.

I saw O in Vegas...I'll be honest, it started out very interesting, but it kind of got a bit boring by the end

Ka on the other hand was far more my style with the storyline throughout

Here's hoping they can weave a story in the show if they choose the Cirque route

Reactions: Disneyhead

*Remembers the previous Cirque hotel idea, gets Vietnam flashbacks of the speculation from that*

Reactions: Disneyhead

I think this is the order things will be done

Land Clearing
Utilities
Grading / Back of house - We are here
Foundations
Showbuildings
Coasters
Car Park
Hotel
Pathways
Ride Installation
Theming
Landscaping
Final Touches

There's obviously going to be a lot of overlap.

I find the whole project management fascinating for a project this size.

Land Clearing
Utilities
Foundations
Showbuildings
Coasters
Car Park
Hotel
Pathways
Ride Installation
Theming
Landscaping
Final Touches

I think "car park" will be higher on the list so the workers have a more available parking.

Reactions: Scott W.

Land Clearing
Utilities
Foundations
Showbuildings
Coasters
Car Park
Hotel
Pathways
Ride Installation
Theming
Landscaping
Final Touches

Yeah I’ve never seen a new park built outright really other than VB, but the scales are drastically different here. So fascinating to watch, even the land clearing for SNW recently is exciting to me. Any forward movement, makes me happy!

Permits that may be related to it say it has a ride pit and chlorine tank. So, probably an attraction. That’s all we know, (and even that could be for a different building if we got the numbers crossed.)

Pretty sure that's the unique carousel.

And that's why they haven't publicly stated an opening year/date.

It's hitting late 2024 early 2025 for sure.

Pretty sure that's the unique carousel.
Until I see any evidence, it could be a hoedown in that stained glass dome for all I know.

(But from my estimations, there doesn’t seem to be enough usuable space inside for a large theater show.)

Reactions: Nico

Sadly as much as I would love a diving show at the park, we are likely getting a flat ride instead. Diving pools with moving floors similar to this and the House of Dancing Water in Macau require around 6metres of depth, to fit the pulley system in place. as Moveable floors actually are giant floats, that get pulled down under tension by cables and pulleys to the minimum 5 metres depth rather than lifts. you see an example of my workplace here:

divepool_side.jpg

I believe there’s also a small queue in the concept art? I definitely lean ride, at least for this specific location

Is it..... stupid to think, a Cirque Show could be done outside around the fountain, hotel, surrounding areas, as a parade/acrobat/firework type night show?

I can't imagine Disney being ok with a freebie Cirque show when they're charging $85-$185 a seat 10 miles away. I'm pretty sure there is some restrictions on a permanent show within a set distance..

Reactions: universal_fanatic
didn't someone post a video of a old carousel from france that would go into a water tank below?
There is a chair swing in Phantasialand that has fountains that move with the ride. You don't get wet, the water stays just below you

Personally, I'm hoping we get one of these instead of a carousel, as these are far more fun

1200px-Themenwelt_Berlin.jpg

POV

There is a double decker carousel there as well with a nice aesthetic

21888334_jVo8Iow13fRiXJ9l1cjHVwBvktMVZvXmhEpvetkYxS4.jpg

If Universal were to attempt a hybrid of the two it could be interesting

There is a chair swing in Phantasialand that has fountains that move with the ride. You don't get wet, the water stays just below you

Personally, I'm hoping we get one of these instead of a carousel, as these are far more fun

1200px-Themenwelt_Berlin.jpg

POV

There is a double decker carousel there as well with a nice aesthetic

21888334_jVo8Iow13fRiXJ9l1cjHVwBvktMVZvXmhEpvetkYxS4.jpg

If Universal were to attempt a hybrid of the two it could be interesting

I highly doubt I ever go there but Phantasialand is proof that not everything needs to be an indoor dark ride (great as they are) for a park to have immersive.

Status
Not open for further replies.