Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, new coaster track for the How To Train Your Dragon coaster from Intamin has been imported to Florida.

Link Here

Aww and here I was hoping to talk about how a Demon Slayer attraction must happen /s

Really curious how fast the coasters go up. We're already seeing it with Donkey Kong, so hopefully the Mack-Rides Spinning and Dual Launch, plus the Intamin Family Multi-launch, goes up quick.

Yes. As we’ve thought.

Mack for the boat ride in Dragons, but this coaster has always been described as “Hagrid Lite” to me.

I've made my feelings about the coaster clear, but if the boat ride, sky fly and show all remain in the lineup that'll be a nice balanced land.

The interesting thing with the Sky Flys is the fact that they are flat rides. If these go well for Universal, it could mean that they add more flat rides in the future - at the moment there is a dumbo style ride, a carousel, a teacups, a balloon ride and a Zamperla Demolition Derby and that is their complete flat ride collection world wide. It is good to see that they are getting a bit more variety into Epic Universe with flat rides, as they are not just putting duplicates in of rides already at the resort (eg Twirl and Hurl and One fish two fish). Although there is a carousel, I am hoping that with the new system, it will be new and interesting enough.

Been on a Sky Fly at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. They’re truly fun rides! Glad to see one coming to a state I would actually go out of my way to go to.
I'm jealous you've been to Blackpool...the closest I've been to that and Alton Towers is playing RCT

The interesting thing with the Sky Flys is the fact that they are flat rides. If these go well for Universal, it could mean that they add more flat rides in the future - at the moment there is a dumbo style ride, a carousel, a teacups, a balloon ride and a Zamperla Demolition Derby and that is their complete flat ride collection world wide. It is good to see that they are getting a bit more variety into Epic Universe with flat rides, as they are not just putting duplicates in of rides already at the resort (eg Twirl and Hurl and One fish two fish). Although there is a carousel, I am hoping that with the new system, it will be new and interesting enough.
Gerstlauer/Zamperla in particular are rolling out some pretty competitive and interesting flats

I imagine Universal is looking for flats that are either highly accessible or 'choose your own intensity'.

Also, the ability to be highly themed and very high throughput are necessary attributes

There are a few flats that hit these categories, but they are still largely lacking other than teacups/carousels/and the dumbo-esque spinners

SkyFlys hit all the categories and I definitely agree with you that this could be the start of a trend

Last edited:
Given all the talk about how F&F should have a better/faster ride in the parks, wouldn't it make sense for the dueling coaster here to be F&F themed?

Given all the talk about how F&F should have a better/faster ride in the parks, wouldn't it make sense for the dueling coaster here to be F&F themed?
If spacing wasn't an issue, I think a slot car type ride like Radiator Springs Racer would be most ideal. Only if the next F&F installment is about racing on the moon.

Last edited:
If spacing wasn't an issue, I think a slot car type ride like Radiator Springs Racer would be most ideal. Only if the next F&F installment is about racing on the moon.

Welllll....

maxresdefault.jpg

Bit random, but since those dueling coasters are rumored to be Mack installations, do we think the back row will have the rotating seats like Blue Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.