Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess (and hope) that they are just slightly updated versions of the original designs. I think I remember reading that there were issues with the lugosi estate allowing universal to use his likeness for dracula and don't know if that is still an issue. Somebody smarter than me can bring light to that.

I would guess (and hope) that they are just slightly updated versions of the original designs. I think I remember reading that there were issues with the lugosi estate allowing universal to use his likeness for dracula and don't know if that is still an issue. Somebody smarter than me can bring light to that.
Lugosi v. Universal Pictures, 603 P.2d 425 (Cal. 1979),[1] was a decision of the Supreme Court of California with regard to the personality rights of celebrities, particularly addressing whether these rights descended to the celebrities' heirs. The suit was brought by the heirs of Béla Lugosi, his son Bela Jr. and his fifth wife Hope Lugosi,[2] who jointly sued Universal Pictures in 1966 for using his personality rights without the heirs' permission on toys, posters, model kits and the like. The trial court initially ruled in favor of the Lugosi heirs, but Universal Studios won the case in an appeal. The court determined that a dead person had no right to their likeness, and any rights that existed did not pass to their heirs.[3]

Lugosi v. Universal Pictures, 603 P.2d 425 (Cal. 1979),[1] was a decision of the Supreme Court of California with regard to the personality rights of celebrities, particularly addressing whether these rights descended to the celebrities' heirs. The suit was brought by the heirs of Béla Lugosi, his son Bela Jr. and his fifth wife Hope Lugosi,[2] who jointly sued Universal Pictures in 1966 for using his personality rights without the heirs' permission on toys, posters, model kits and the like. The trial court initially ruled in favor of the Lugosi heirs, but Universal Studios won the case in an appeal. The court determined that a dead person had no right to their likeness, and any rights that existed did not pass to their heirs.[3]
This is like three tangents deep and way off topic for Epic Universe, but how does the Bela Lugosi Dracula portrait in the USF Prop Shop fit into this situation? I've always heard the TM's working there tell about how that is the only thing that can't be sold in the whole shop, basically just because of the likeness. Even the signs outside on Rodeo leading people inside or cabinets and tables used to display the primary products are technically for sale, if purposely ridiculously overpriced. They wouldn't lie to me...would they? :look:

This is like three tangents deep and way off topic for Epic Universe, but how does the Bela Lugosi Dracula portrait in the USF Prop Shop fit into this situation? I've always heard the TM's working there tell about how that is the only thing that can't be sold in the whole shop, basically just because of the likeness. Even the signs outside on Rodeo leading people inside or cabinets and tables used to display the primary products are technically for sale, if purposely ridiculously overpriced. They wouldn't lie to me...would they? :look:
So, you're telling me...

I could buy the register. /s
1652962946360.png

• Haha
Reactions: JMalez and GA-MBIT
Obviously thats not the reason. More likely its a piece on loan from an archive somewhere, or something like that. TM's, like CM's, are generally not really in the loop about things like that.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
One of the interesting parts of the Warner Brothers / Turner / HBO and Discovery merger ... new Harry Potter cable / streaming shows could be coming.

May factor into the Epic land ... don't want to Galaxy Edge yourself into a corner, ha.

I feel like there are so many "little things" I'm really looking forward to experiencing in EU.
  • Music/soundtrack-- I'm hoping they are going full IoA style BGM loops with music very specific to the park
  • Lighting-- I think the revolution in lighting technology will really make this park special after dark
  • Hub atmosphere-- from the concept art it looks like they are doing some spectacular placemaking and creating an impressive entry atmosphere between the lands
Every time I drive past the site I imagine walking through the gates for the first time.

I was fortunate enough to have visited IoA in 1999 and I was so impressed with that park. And it was those elements that made it so impressive. I bought the soundtrack, I stayed in the park until they kicked me out taking pictures of the impressive lighting. I still have that "sense of wonder/amazement" every time I walk through PoE and the view of the lagoon and all its wonders. They know how to do this and do it well, and I am sure EU will not disappoint.

Does the fact that the entry/hub areas are different between the three parks make them feel distinct enough for people? I know, I know, Universal never aiming for distinct overarching themes in their parks makes it ok, but it still feels like a double standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.