Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 388 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it may be potter, it may be creature.

it could even be the Nintendo expansion plot

The noises suggest Uni is planning for stuff after EU opens before its opened, which is very good news. Shows confidence in the project

Dont want a IOA where nothing major is done for 10 years

Ground breaking ride could even be talking about the Donkey Kong mine cart ride. Which, as far as I am aware, is one of a kind coaster

From WDWMagic:

View attachment 16213

A few thoughts

1) The game changer aspect is probably referring to the ride design and not specifically the "movie" that it's based on

2) It's one ride, so if we're discussing EU, it would have to fit into one of the "lands" that are designed

3) Hub seems to be IP free so not sure if it's a standalone

4) Potter area seems to be very loosely based on the films, but seems to be most "in flux"

5) The Monsters are more of a cinematic universe and not necessarily movie IPs

6) SNW seems locked in, only Mario is getting a movie

7) There have been mumblings of the HTTYD land being opened up to all Dreamworks, but it seems like that land is locked against the Hub coaster

8) I'm not sure the theater in HTTYD land would support a whole game changing ride, if they decided to kill the show

9) Circling back to Potter, Universal *does* tend to take some riskier moves with Potter attractions

10) Am I reading too much into the "game" of game-changer

11) There have been Pokemon movies...

I agree with @Joe though, if someone tells me they're an expert, I'm extremely skeptical until proven otherwise

Is it possible he got his wires crossed and is thinking of something that got approved for Beijing or Hollywood?

Potter seems unlikely given their inability to settle on a concept for the ride, and the lack of viable locations following the MOM. Unless it's an outdoor ride, it's also hard to imagine it will open by 2025. Creature is the fan-favorite rumor, but always as a phase two addition.

What makes this harder to parse is that whenever rumors have emerged for complicated, 'game-changing' ride systems, those rumors have faded or the systems were canned. Potter and Jurassic World both replaced their suspended systems with modified SCOOPs. Ambitious trackless concepts for Lorax, Pets, Monsters, Minions, and Potter were all scuttled. Barring a few exceptions like DK and the carousel, it seems like Universal's goal with this park has been to develop highly immersive and practical variations on ride systems that already exist (coasters, Kuka, spinning Busbar, SCOOP).

EDIT: I'll just say it. I don't believe him.

Is it possible he got his wires crossed and is thinking of something that got approved for Beijing or Hollywood?

Potter seems unlikely given their inability to settle on a concept for the ride, and the lack of viable locations following the MOM. Unless it's an outdoor ride, it's also hard to imagine it will open by 2025. Creature is the fan-favorite rumor, but always as a phase two addition.

What makes this harder to parse is that whenever rumors have emerged for complicated, 'game-changing' ride systems, those rumors have faded or the systems were canned. Potter and Jurassic World both replaced their suspended systems with modified SCOOPs. Ambitious trackless concepts for Lorax, Pets, Monsters, Minions, and Potter were all scuttled. Barring a few exceptions like DK and the carousel, it seems like Universal's goal with this park has been to develop highly immersive and practical variations on ride systems that already exist (coasters, Kuka, spinning Busbar, SCOOP).

EDIT: I'll just say it. I don't believe him.
I was thinking USF, personally, but Beijing would make sense

Also, a game-changer on paper looks very different than one in real life

All I know is, if we aren't getting Potter VR, they have a lot of space on that side of the Wizarding World still in play.

Their post doesn't make mention of a new "land," just a ride.

In any case, figured I would share. At very least, to spark some conversation.

Using the rumored elevator ride as just a really elaborate queue experience for that MoM courtroom ride would be something.

If Ministry is a scoop disguised as an elevator at first, they would almost certainly have to revise where the vehicular door is. Getting in the elevator and having the seats face sideways would be quite awkward LOL.

I'm really hoping it doesn't end up being another SCOOP vehicle. SCOOP motion base technology on a Tower of Terror ride vehicle would be pretty awesome, but I worry that GP seeing the Spider-Man vehicle for the 3rd time on their trip would be a bit of blunder on Universal's part. USF already gets a lot of flack for its repetitive use of screens...

If Ministry is a scoop disguised as an elevator at first, they would almost certainly have to revise where the vehicular door is. Getting in the elevator and having the seats face sideways would be quite awkward LOL.
I'm really hoping it doesn't end up being another SCOOP vehicle. SCOOP motion base technology on a Tower of Terror ride vehicle would be pretty awesome, but I worry that GP seeing the Spider-Man vehicle for the 3rd time on their trip would be a bit of blunder on Universal's part. USF already gets a lot of flack for its repetitive use of screens...
I'm pretty sure that except for weight you can mount pretty much any body on the motion base and it could be so different you don't connect the dots that the tech is used elsewhere.

The theater plans were probably further along than any show to be placed in it. Honestly, I don’t think they had much of a “show” developed when it was canned. Just my thoughts based on what I can gather.
Question..is the rumored theater under peaches castle still a mystery or was that false?

A theater (and, presumably, a show of some sort) would be a nice extra little touch to truly make Orlando's SNW the best version of the land and out-do Japan's version.
I think, if it exists, it would just be an elaborate meet and greet stage thing. Not a full narrative story.

Reactions: Nico
Status
Not open for further replies.