Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the fact that the entry/hub areas are different between the three parks make them feel distinct enough for people? I know, I know, Universal never aiming for distinct overarching themes in their parks makes it ok, but it still feels like a double standard.

Also, insert themed distinct arch joke here. If I had to project a future pattern, I think the South Gate will have this park with a Universal arch, and then the 4th park in 15-20 years will be more thematic like IOA. Reminds you that this campus is still Universal.

Last edited:
I was really looking at the indoor show scenes as a differentiating factor for EU's version.

Yeah, I love those indoor show scenes at Europa Park’s interactive boat ride.

But, based on the plans for the land, it looks the only building for that ride is a station (unless if things changed).

If they have show scenes I could see an outdoor one with animatronics.

1655514924850.jpeg

Last edited:
So, as it stands all the table service restaurants are in the hub? No lands will have table service?
How to Train Your Dragon’s Great Hall is a full service restaurant. (Not sure if buffet or table, but definitely not quick service.)

The rest probably, yes.

There are also several quick service locations in the hub as well, so it’s pretty much 50/50 in the hub. But only one in the lands. (This perhaps goes along with my theory that the lands may close earlier than the hub, as that’s where most of the better dinner dining locations will be.)

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
I should probably clarify, this is listed as phase 2 for the Monsters land permit, not necessarily the entire park. In other words, something else might open at the park after it opens besides this, but this little section of Monsters will be that permit’s phase two.

As for what I think might be the park’s actual phase 2, we should probably move to the speculation thread.

@Alicia what do you theorize as the first expansion after opening?

If it’s going to be at Epic and not KidsZone, probably Pokemon.

What's the difference in size between the expansion pad at EU and Kidzone at USO? Depending on the ideas being developed, that would probably play a large part in which park a Pokemon land would go.

Pokemon is a huge, worldwide phenomenon, easily as popular and well known as Mario or Mickey (and that's fact, not just a fan speak), with huge potential for ticket and merchandise sales, as well as its own land. I can't imagine either company in the partnership wanting to do less than their best in bringing it to one of the parks, so which park has the space and potential to benefit the most? There's a lot of ride and interactive experience potential in Pokemon (and not just playful kiddie stuff, but really strong dark ride potential featuring the canonically creepy Ghost types and their backstories--even more so than a Luigi's Mansion dark ride--which would be amazing in SNW instead of putting Pokemon in there) they wouldn't want to waste by not doing a full land. It will be insanely popular in either park, so if they're going full-out, which park is the better option. If EU, I feel it would deserve its own land separate from SNW.

What's the difference in size between the expansion pad at EU and Kidzone at USO? Depending on the ideas being developed, that would probably play a large part in which park a Pokemon land would go.

Pokemon is a huge, worldwide phenomenon, easily as popular and well known as Mario or Mickey (and that's fact, not just a fan speak), with huge potential for ticket and merchandise sales, as well as its own land. I can't imagine either company in the partnership wanting to do less than their best in bringing it to one of the parks, so which park has the space and potential to benefit the most? There's a lot of ride and interactive experience potential in Pokemon (and not just playful kiddie stuff, but really strong dark ride potential featuring the canonically creepy Ghost types and their backstories--even more so than a Luigi's Mansion dark ride--which would be amazing in SNW instead of putting Pokemon in there) they wouldn't want to waste by not doing a full land. It will be insanely popular in either park, so if they're going full-out, which park is the better option. If EU, I feel it would deserve its own land separate from SNW.
The expansion between Nintendo and Monsters is nearly the same size as Super Nintendo World, which was also designed for KidsZone originally.

If they had pulled the trigger, the Pokemon land for KidsZone would have left Animal Actors intact, so it will fit in that expansion at Epic no problem. We may even get better, bigger quick service and shops this way, as those were extremely cramped in the KidsZone plans.

I'd much rather see Pokemon go into USF, not just because it would allow them to address KidZone via a single project (hopefully including two or three fairly significant new attractions), but also because it would allow Epic Universe to prioritize and expedite the expansion that the park truly deserves:
waving-the-gill-man.gif

I really hope Universal doesn't try to close this park early on a constant basis to hold corporate events. They get away with closing IOA/USF as early as 6/7 on some days because of them. With the number of rooms they will eventually have, I can't see them closing EU prior to 9pm.

Reactions: Nico
I really hope Universal doesn't try to close this park early on a constant basis to hold corporate events. They get away with closing IOA/USF as early as 6/7 on some days because of them. With the number of rooms they will eventually have, I can't see them closing EU prior to 9pm.
I doubt we would see it close early for an event in the first year, however after that….. there’s a price for everything, but I would assume they would cap it at one park private event a night, so there are still 2 options each day if there is one held.

I doubt we would see it close early for an event in the first year, however after that….. there’s a price for everything, but I would assume they would cap it at one park private event a night, so there are still 2 options each day if there is one held.
Do corporate clients even know enough about theme parks to care whether they get USF for a night over EU?

Closing EU early is not as easy as closing USF or IOA. Mainly due to the Helios Hotel conntected to EU. I don't think Universal would be keen on telling hotel guests who paid (what I am guessing is) a higher price for a room with park access that they cannot enter the park on a certain night due to a corporate event.

Status
Not open for further replies.