Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that some people will get their jobs back or there will be new employment. Do you think that things aren't going to change in the next 3 years?

Not to mention with VR, technology is always improving and a new generation of consoles (PS5 supports VR, Xbox rumoured to be coming) there will be more accumulated knowledge.

But enough design was done for them to start construction last spring or summer. I don’t see them changing plans at this point because once this is back on I think it’ll be back on NOW.

But enough design was done for them to start construction last spring or summer. I don’t see them changing plans at this point because once this is back on I think it’ll be back on NOW.

I wouldn’t say change the plot or physical layout but more CPU and GPU power is going to make a difference whether it’s more polished graphics or they don’t need to spend as much for the same effect.

I think people are running a bit far with this “Quidditch” idea, when Alicia’s video mentions you’d have a wand and would be performing spells
And I go back to Seven Potters, where spells flew fast and fierce.

Similarly, if this is in the French side, then it’s likely Grindlewald’s Escape from the opening of FB2. You “play” an auror assisting with extradition when something goes wrong. There are a bunch of narrative options.

The words, “the pause has ended” is all I freaking need.

Also, let us not forget the next update will likely be Jan 28, Comcast earnings call.

smas-smb3_save2.png

I was thinking about this VR concept and other, non-broomstick related ways it could be incorporated into Wizarding World Vol. 3 as a “ride.” This is just spitballing conceptually, but:

Let’s say we’re invited to the Ministry of Magic, perhaps for some kind of magical showcase as part of the story*, and one of the new “magical inventions” is a headset/pair of goggles that would allow us to see thestrals without having to have “seen death,” which is the only way people in-universe are able to see them. (Hand waving away the fact those of us IRL who have seen death would see the thestrals the moment we walk in the room, but whatever.)

We walk into a room with “floating” saddles, using whatever trickery would be used to pull off floating brooms in that idea, mount the saddles, and when we put these magical headsets on (the VR rig), we’re suddenly able to see that we’re actually riding on the back of a thestral, itself now clear as day.

Through story trickery, we end up flying on the thestral through whatever events unfold within the “ride,” while being able to hold on to the saddle handles for security, and would explain why the thestrals “disappear” again the moment we take off our VR rigs.

* - As for said story, you could really plug it in anywhere. If Universal just wants to tell an original adventure, boom. If Universal wants to tie it to a Potter-related event, it could be tangentially related to the trio’s Ministry trip in Deathly Hallows (though it wouldn’t make sense that we muggles would be invited there at that point) or as simple as having Arthur be the one to invite us to the Ministry. If Universal wants to tie it to Fantastic Beasts, then they could make it that Newt is showcasing a bunch of beasts to the Ministry, and as we’re seeing his thestrals, the other beasts get loose and we have to fly around helping him wrangle them as they spread out across London (or whichever city they go with).

Just an alternative idea to it being a broomstick experience while also offering up an in-story/universe explanation as to why we’d have to wear headsets.

Current real time computer graphics have got a huge boost at the end of last year. It's a generational leap. The demo below is played on a PlayStation 5. Imagine what real time computer graphics can do in a few years when this ride presumably is being released. Same goes for the screens in the VR set who will probably be able to handle something close to 4K.

The Unreal Engine is used to create "sets" and backgrounds for The Mandolorian

Early blue sky or pitch. Wasn’t approved. Went for more immersive concepts.

But when I first saw that I liked how the trackless cars had different paths and crossed by each other in the main scene multiple times. Love when rides do that.
It's an awesome concept, but feels like something that could go into USF, not EU

You know it's early when they have the unproduced Angelina Jolie Bride of Frankenstein in the concept art.

EDIT: Between this and the canceled SLoP concept, I really hope Universal cracks one of these trackless ride concepts. They're both ambitious in different ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.