Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 465 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Universe in Universal Epic Universe. That's really clunky. Why would they want to be associated with a filmmaking initiative that crashed and burned?

Also not a fan of that Monsters coaster name for a variety of reasons, not just because the Wolf Man should be distinct from "werewolf," but particularly because it confirms that whatever the storyline is will be, essentially, nonsensical.

How many people outside of enthusiasts ever heard the Dark Universe name? The name isn't poisoned.

Dark Universe in Universal Epic Universe. That's really clunky. Why would they want to be associated with a filmmaking initiative that crashed and burned?

Also not a fan of that Monsters coaster name for a variety of reasons, not just because the Wolf Man should be distinct from "werewolf," but particularly because it confirms that whatever the storyline is will be, essentially, nonsensical.

Ignoring the tie to the films, it’s a fine name. But as far as clunky… do we have a problem with MSH Island at Islands of Adventure?

Counterpoint: The Werewolf is what the animal is. The character is The Wolf Man. They’re not dealing with the curse of Larry Talbot… they’re dealing with the curse of lycanthropy aka the werewolf.

Ignoring the tie to the films, it’s a fine name. But as far as clunky… do we have a problem with MSH Island at Islands of Adventure?

I would think "MSH Island at Island Islands of Adventure" would be kind of clunky, yes. It's the three variations on "universe"/"universal" strung together that doesn't feel quite right to me. Now, if all of the park's lands were going to be labeled as "universes," I guess I could go along with that gimmick, but I don't think it's too likely that Super Nintendo World and Wizarding World are going to get "universe" tacked-on to their names.

Counterpoint: The Werewolf is what the animal is. The character is The Wolf Man. They’re not dealing with the curse of Larry Talbot… they’re dealing with the curse of lycanthropy aka the werewolf.

I guess?

Just seems odd that Universal wouldn't use the Wolf Man since it's the werewolf character they actually have a proprietary stake in. Anybody can make a werewolf movie, but only Universal can make a Wolf Man movie, if you follow my meaning.

In any case, I certainly hope the werewolf we're going to be seeing in the dark ride is Talbot's Wolf Man.

Last edited:
Dark Universe sounds so foreboding considering the context of the park it’s in. We know EU will feature a “Super Nintendo World” and a “Wizarding World”, the name “Dark Universe” sounds so ominous and epic within that lineup while still fitting the motif. I love it. Will for sure overtake the film series as the popular thing that name is associated with.

From the news thread....

1678490685078-png.18505

First, the carousel. It's a carousel.

Starfall confirms the coaster name. Not sure which one the oak and star is, maybe the bar?

Cure of the Werewolf is the coaster name, so I'll spill some stuff I've heard - the actual focus of the ride is on another group and the werewolf is more ancillary. Take that for what it is.

And lol they actually did it those fools did it - Dark Universe. Chef kiss dot gif

I am so confused about the coaster plot lol.

Reactions: shiekra38
Wizarding World: Hogsmeade

Wizarding World: Diagon Alley

Wizarding World: Ministry of Magic

I think it’s that simple tbh.
Ministry of Magic is the ride at the back of the land. Calling the land Ministry of Magic would be very confusing to most guests (especially since there will be a show and eventually another ride that has nothing to do with MoM)

Wizarding World: Hogsmeade

Wizarding World: Diagon Alley

Wizarding World: Ministry of Magic

I think it’s that simple tbh.
Wizarding World: Paris seems to be more fitting...

That would be like calling Hogsmede Wizarding World: Hogwarts

Also, Paris is very important in the WW, mentioned throughout entire series, not just FB

The original lands are both “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”

in 2019 I theorized this land could be “The Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts”

…and it still may be

Reactions: Suchomimus
The original lands are both “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”

in 2019 I theorized this land could be “The Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts”

…and it still may be
Interesting. That's what I initially expected as well but I didn't think they'd go through with it, as it could lead to confusion with guests not knowing there's a Potter attraction. I guess the land/show might still have beasts within them?

Interesting. That's what I initially expected as well but I didn't think they'd go through with it, as it could lead to confusion with guests not knowing there's a Potter attraction. I guess the land/show might still have beasts within them?
Even the Ministry ride is expected to have an in-story reason to include multiple magical creatures, including ones seen in the Fantastic Beasts films, so even when it’s a different location (and time period) it’s still related.

I'd think Wizarding World:paris is likely based on the other 2 used locations not movie titles. Plus I think WB would rather not be reminded of Beasts right now

Even the Ministry ride is expected to have an in-story reason to include multiple magical creatures, including ones seen in the Fantastic Beasts films, so even when it’s a different location (and time period) it’s still related.

The broomstick ride, as I recall, also heavily involved Fantastic Beasts, so this sounds right...

The Curse of the Werewolf is a fine name. The movie rarely refers to him as a wolfman. Werewolves however are mentioned throughout the film.

The Beasts movies make for tremendous theme park material, I’m happy with this decision.

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.