Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For reference, Orange County technically hit "Phase 2" today which includes dropping masks outdoors and physical distancing being dropped to "encouraged":

Yes, that's the expectation I was referring to in my earlier post. Figured it would be reached today or early next week.

Reactions: Tbad556
Coming to Springfield tomorrow:

qx3idiR.jpg

Hopefully someone shows up in a bath robe and bear slippers.

IMO, this was done ~3 weeks too early
Correct - the CDC guidance was for vaccinated individuals. So practically nobody under 16 and definitely nobody under 12.... never mind the adults who haven’t gotten it.

Last edited:
Crazy timing, our stay starts Sunday! I love it because we are all vaxxed, but I wonder how many arguments I'll get in with people in queues (since it seems that it will be more difficult for TMs to enforce).

NY Times today; An in depth behind the scenes story on the CDC decision.....Why the CDC Changed It's Advice on Masks: "Two scientific findings altered the calculus: Vaccinated people don't transmit the virus
and shots are effective against the variants'".....A very good read if you can get past the Times pay wall.
Yeah these are very good and huge findings!

Science strikes again

NY Times today; An in depth behind the scenes story on the CDC decision.....Why the CDC Changed It's Advice on Masks: "Two scientific findings altered the calculus: Vaccinated people don't transmit the virus
and shots are effective against the variants'".....A very good read if you can get past the Times pay wall.
Louder for those who missed it or willfully ignore it...

I think there's going to be a lot of confusion, namely people are not going to realize:
  • Fully vaccinated means being two weeks past the final shot.
  • Businesses still have the right to deny service for not wearing a mask.
It's going to be real tough for anywhere in Florida to enforce mask wearing going forward considering all the big players are taking this stance. And i'm not just talking theme parks, but places like Wal-Mart, Publix, Trader Joe's, etc as well. Private companies obviously have the right to enforce their own rules, but it just became a lot tougher.

I’m at Animal Kingdom right now (Disney also lifted the mandate) and it is so nice seeing smiling faces around the park! Most people are not wearing masks when walking around here and you don’t need a mask in the queue if it extends out past the entrance. After that you need to comply.

Heading to Universal solo this afternoon to check out how it looks, DM me to let me know if you’re there and want to say hi (as long as you’re vaccinated)!

Last edited:
I’m at Animal Kingdom right now (Disney also lifted the mandate) and it is so nice seeing smiling faces around the park! Most people are not wearing masks when walking around here and you don’t need a mask in the queue if it extends out past the entrance. After that you need to comply.
Interesting, Universal is enforcing masks in queues, even extended (eg Hagrids).

Edit: to clarify, TMs asking guests to put on masks to get into the Hagrids extended queue in Lost Continent.

Last edited:
Interesting, Universal is enforcing masks in queues, even extended (eg Hagrids).
Gonna go out on a limb and assume:

"extended past the entrance" = technically an outdoor common space
"extended queue" = technically within the confines of the "attraction space"

Though it's also going to come down to how hard TMs/CMs want to fight what has already been a constant and exhausting battle for them.

Reactions: Clive and Nick
Gonna go out on a limb and assume:

"extended past the entrance" = technically an outdoor common space
"extended queue" = technically within the confines of the "attraction space"

Though it's also going to come down to how hard TMs/CMs want to fight what has already been a constant and exhausting battle for them.
Seems about right. I assume there's lines you might wait in which are not technically an attraction queue. I assume Disney is still asking guests to wear masks once they are in an official "queue"? Eg the Frozen queue which extends over to China at Epcot.