Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We switched to Hard Rock from CBBR today and HRH has one of the best things I’ve seen. I hope it sticks around.

For years, I’ve been that guy that brings a ziploc bag to put the room remote in before I touch it. Did that at CBBR. The remote at HRH has a clear plastic baggy-sleeve around it! Genius!

Our remote at Cabana Bay had the same thing. Weird that yours didn’t.

Not sure if this was mentioned already but today is the first day I've seen character meet and greets without masks, specifically Rogue and Captain America. Yesterday they were in masks.

Haven't visited other areas so not sure if it's across the board with every character.

Reactions: Tbad556
Many are also now allowing guests to use their personal phones as remotes. I know Marriott / Bonvoy has rolled this out.

CBBR and HRH both have a “Press 1 to use your phone as a remote” option. I did not use it, that is phone charging time and my phone needed it! Might be time for a new phone. :grin:

There’s rumors going around tablet the idea of no masks required anywhere starting July 4th- apparently this has something to do with what the Orange County Mayor has said? Not sure how much truth there is but it was cited in a popular vlogger’s video as a rumor so it must have some traction..

There’s rumors going around tablet the idea of no masks required anywhere starting July 4th- apparently this has something to do with what the Orange County Mayor has said? Not sure how much truth there is but it was cited in a popular vlogger’s video as a rumor so it must have some traction..

There’s no date set for dropping requirements, just vaccination and positivity rate goals.

There’s no date set for dropping requirements, just vaccination and positivity rate goals.
Yeah, can't say I recall every hearing the mayor mention July 4th nor can I find any tweets backing up that he's mentioned it. I know the president's goal is to administer at least one shot to 70% of the U.S. adult population by July 4th, so maybe whoever started the rumor is a bit mixed up. :shrug:

Can't say I've heard anything about dropping indoor mask guidance yet at Uni myself.

Is this another rumor started by rixflix?

• Haha
Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Not sure if this was mentioned already but today is the first day I've seen character meet and greets without masks, specifically Rogue and Captain America. Yesterday they were in masks.

Haven't visited other areas so not sure if it's across the board with every character.

Interesting. Since all of these characters are outside, I don't see any reason for them to continue to wear the masks.

Ah, I see where this is likely stemming from. All the mayor said was he estimates we'll reach the final phase around July 4th which would involve the county dropping the mask mandate in full. Basically, keep watching the data for Phase 3 rather than expect July 4th as a set date.

Ah, I see where this is likely stemming from. All the mayor said was he estimates we'll reach the final phase around July 4th which would involve the county dropping the mask mandate in full. Basically, keep watching the data for Phase 3 rather than expect July 4th as a set date.
It’s just a rumor - but after what the CDC pushed through last week I can’t see Universal having any restrictions if we are 70% and below the positivity threshold. As long as all is trending downwards, they want to maximize revenue and bring back normal operations.

It’s just a rumor - but after what the CDC pushed through last week I can’t see Universal having any restrictions if we are 70% and below the positivity threshold. As long as all is trending downwards, they want to maximize revenue and bring back normal operations.
Oh, I agree. Just trying to debunk the rumor as it seems to just be a miscommunication. Once we reach 70% and under the positivity threshold, I'd be stunned if they didn't drop their restrictions. I just don't think there's a "set date" in mind. It all comes down to those numbers.

I'm sorry if this was already answered - headed to the parks next week for the OI meetup and was curious. Is Hogwarts Express still loading 1 party per car?