Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando has updated their safety guidelines; now allowing vaccinated guests the option to wear a face mask while visiting the resort, no longer requiring mandatory use.

Personally I think they should have kept the indoor mask policy in place for the time being, seems a bit reckless and bit too much too soon. Hopefully the positivity rate and vaccinated rates continue to climb. either way, come horror nights, I may still be wearing a mask indoors especially around those I'm not familiar with if this continues.

More than anything if they come out with a vaccine for young children, which is my biggest concern, then I'll feel much better.

I'm of two minds about the decision.

On one hand, it's absolutely premature by about a month and dropping it on TMs with one day's notice going into a holiday weekend is a massively disrespectful move.

On the other hand, they're fighting a losing battle and the battle would've only gotten worse over the next month. Everyone else is going to continue to drop masks around them (ex: AMC, Regal, and Cinemark all changed their policy today to no longer require masks for vaccinated guests as well) and guests are only going to fight it & break the rules more and more as it becomes more commonplace outside of the parks, so whether it was the right choice is probably pretty moot, unfortunately.