Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I realize this topic has become politicized and is consequently divisive, but let's try to avoid any unnecessary arguments.

For what it's worth, I think it was always going to feel "too soon," but I think they probably could have waited a few weeks for vaccination rates to climb higher.

I realize this topic has become politicized and is consequently divisive, but let's try to avoid any unnecessary arguments.

For what it's worth, I think it was always going to feel "too soon," but I think they probably could have waited a few weeks for vaccination rates to climb higher.
It doesn't "feel" too soon, it -is- too soon. Vaxx rates are climbing, but still far too low to go honor system. That's not politics, that's fact, and no amount of "well, it was inevitable" changes that.

It doesn't "feel" too soon, it -is- too soon. Vaxx rates are climbing, but still far too low to go honor system. That's not politics, that's fact, and no amount of "well, it was inevitable" changes that.
Well, like someone else pointed out, the trend everywhere else is that they’re dropping the mask policy for vaccinated people. They dropped it because UO felt like it was the best business decision and there would’ve been too much pressure on them about the issue. More people are now going to show up because of this. I can’t imagine WDW being too far behind.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Personally...I think this is a little too soon, living in central FL I know more than one person who lies about being vaccinated just to go maskless in stores and restaurants and it scares me because I know I’m far from the only one to hear of people like that.

So, I’m just gonna be keeping my mask on for the time being and I’ll visit Universal again when I feel more comfortable.

Well, like someone else pointed out, the trend everywhere else is that they’re dropping the mask policy for vaccinated people. They dropped it because UO felt like it was the best business decision and there would’ve been too much pressure on them about the issue. More people are now going to show up because of this. I can’t imagine WDW being too far behind.

Peer pressure is just a poor excuse.

These parks attract bigger crowds than the vast majority of places, it's going to be a haven for spread. The problem being that most people right now will probably become symptomatic after they leave but when international guests return and are staying for 2 weeks, what's the plan going to be if cases start rising again?

What makes this worse, is that we've told time and time again that wearing masks is to stop you from spreading covid. Even if you're vaccinated, you can still spread it and even if only the vaccinated people stop wearing masks (Which won't happen), the unvaccinated people are walking into a wall of covid.

The science now indicates this is extremely rare.
I'm frankly more concerned about the unvaxxed who will lie.

Peer pressure is just a poor excuse.

These parks attract bigger crowds than the vast majority of places, it's going to be a haven for spread. The problem being that most people right now will probably become symptomatic after they leave but when international guests return and are staying for 2 weeks, what's the plan going to be if cases start rising again?

What makes this worse, is that we've told time and time again that wearing masks is to stop you from spreading covid. Even if you're vaccinated, you can still spread it and even if only the vaccinated people stop wearing masks (Which won't happen), the unvaccinated people are walking into a wall of covid.
What's going to be done? Nothing. No one will go back. Who dies dies. I'm not saying it's right, it's not, I'm saying it's what is, and we're lucky it wasn't publicly stated policy all along.

Personally...I think this is a little too soon, living in central FL I know more than one person who lies about being vaccinated just to go maskless in stores and restaurants and it scares me because I know I’m far from the only one to hear of people like that.

So, I’m just gonna be keeping my mask on for the time being and I’ll visit Universal again when I feel more comfortable.
Exactly this. They recently lifted the mask mandate where I work for employees who are fully vaccinated, and I've seen several people who explicitly told me they are not getting vaccinated now walking around the office maskless.

The fact is, many unvaxxed are those who don't care about COVID and will not wear a mask. UOR is just encouraging bad behavior.

Wonderful. Don’t have to worry about a mask flying off in the Florida heat on VelociCoaster when I go in June!

To be frank, you either have no idea what you are talking about, or no idea how to wear a mask. In the last week, I rode Hulk 4x, VC 5x, Hagrids 4x, Mummy 8x, HRRR once. All while wearing a mask. It slipped down below my nose once, on Hulk. They do not "fly off" unless you are doing something completely wrong.

The weirdest thing to me other than the decision is how it gets implicated the next day, so any vacationers who’d want to cancel now have to scramble or accept what the policies are now. I guess that’s somewhat expected if you’re traveling now?

I find it strange regardless of my thoughts on the decision that it just ends, just like that, no warning. If I were vacationing or planning to I guess I’d have to assume that was a possibility but I think that’s the part that catches me off guard the most.

Just out of curiosity, if someone called Universal to cancel is their any troubles with that or is it more tough luck? They can change policies anytime so I doubt it, but just curious.

The science now indicates this is extremely rare.

Even so, it doesn't matter. It's the people who aren't vaccinated not wearing masks that are going to be the main problem.

The weirdest thing to me other than the decision is how it gets implicated the next day, so any vacationers who’d want to cancel now have to scramble or accept what the policies are now. I guess that’s somewhat expected if you’re traveling now?

I find it strange regardless of my thoughts on the decision that it just ends, just like that, no warning. If I were vacationing or planning to I guess I’d have to assume that was a possibility but I think that’s the part that catches me off guard the most.

Just out of curiosity, if someone called Universal to cancel is their any troubles with that or is it more tough luck? They can change policies anytime so I doubt it, but just curious.

I think the problem is that if Universal announce a policy change for a month from now, people can read that today and assume it's the current policy.

Changes are being made swiftly to avoid any confusion.

Reactions: SeventyOne