Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, burn it down... but spare the specialty Dippin' Dots flavor. I love it. It's frozen yogurt instead of ice cream! And its gots chocolate candies.

View attachment 4955
I literally threw my fist in the air and forwarded this picture to three people.

Then I realized I have a problem and should probably curb my Dippin' Dots addiction, because no one else gave a poop.

I literally threw my fist in the air and forwarded this picture to three people.

Then I realized I have a problem and should probably curb my Dippin' Dots addiction, because no one else gave a poop.
It's really really good. I'm not sure I've ever seen Frozen Yogurt Dippin' Dots anywhere else in the world except there.

Well, the good news is that Epcot can serve that same snack right outside of the their new coral reef and dolphin exhibit that's apparently right infront of Imagination per the concept art.

Reactions: Disneyhead
If a new water park happens on the new property, what would you guys want it to be themed as and what would you want it to include?

If, and I mean that as I don't think we should expect to see it for a long while; I would be curious of something alpine oriented. Not like Blizzard, but almost like it's european themed with a bit of a fairytale asthetic.

That said, the thing that will most likely come out first as the large thing of that property, is the fourth gate.

Reactions: Mike S and zg44
If a new water park happens on the new property, what would you guys want it to be themed as and what would you want it to include?
If a water park happens, it'd be in a "phase 2" for the new property. Phase 1 will most likely include dry theme park + CityWalk + 2-3 hotels. Phase 2 would probably include a water park and more hotel space. If there's more land, then theoretically there could be a Phase 3 with a 2nd dry theme park and even more hotels, but you're talking like 30 years out...

Everything depends on land acquisition and attendance. If attendance at the dry theme park and hotels justifies expansion and the land is there, we should expect there to eventually be a full 2nd resort, but that's a 20-30 year timeline...

I don't think it's out of the question to think that we may see a water park at the new property. It all depends how they utilize the land.

I expect a third dry park, a second CityWalk area, a decent amount of hotels and with the remaining land, there would still be plenty of room for another water park.

Reactions: Mike S and zg44
I don't think it's out of the question to think that we may see a water park at the new property. It all depends how they utilize the land.

I expect a third dry park, a second CityWalk area, a decent amount of hotels and with the remaining land, there would still be plenty of room for another water park.
Yeah, and there's still a lot of potential expansion opportunities near the 475 acre package.

Even in the distant future, it's plausible that Lockheed could end up moving out of their campus or other plots of land (Stan Thomas' or others) open up; the next dry theme park/CityWalk/hotels are really just the base for the 2nd resort. Everything else depends on future attendance, land purchases, and the rest. With a committed and high cash flow parent in Comcast, the sky is really the limit as long as Orlando continues to grow as a vacation destination.

If, and I mean that as I don't think we should expect to see it for a long while; I would be curious of something alpine oriented. Not like Blizzard, but almost like it's european themed with a bit of a fairytale asthetic.

That said, the thing that will most likely come out first as the large thing of that property, is the fourth gate.

I'm pretty schlitterbahn is already trying to come to Florida and that is European themed.

As for waterpark theme I have two themes which have not been done ever:

I would want an indoor fantasy space-based waterpark with the roof being a planetarium. You travel through exotic extraterrestrial planets visiting each one some safe and friendly while others dark and dangerous. You never know what may come as you travel in...the final frontier.

Second theme would be an Indoor gothic horror themed waterpark. Ever since I read the drop box patent for the waterslide concept and they mentioned it filling up and the water turning red, I thought that would be really cool.

I'm still hitting on the indoor part due to the fact Orlando is lacking and according to most people after it rains, VB tends to empty out which means lot of revenue lost which means less nice things for us.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Status
Not open for further replies.