Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another advantage to an indoor waterpark is that it will make it easier to shutter Volcano Bay for extended maintenance. It would make it much easier to close Volcano Bay in January-February when there is an alternative with at least several indoor attractions. That park could even have its maintenance period in late September - past the Summer travel season, but before the Fall Break crowd, and while the weather is still agreeable for an outdoor waterpark.

Another advantage to an indoor waterpark is that it will make it easier to shutter Volcano Bay for extended maintenance. It would make it much easier to close Volcano Bay in January-February when there is an alternative with at least several indoor attractions. That park could even have its maintenance period in late September - past the Summer travel season, but before the Fall Break crowd, and while the weather is still agreeable for an outdoor waterpark.
A second water park period would do that. Just like how Disney refurbs Blizzard in the Oct-Dec months and Typhoon from Jan-March.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
A second water park period would do that. Just like how Disney refurbs Blizzard in the Oct-Dec months and Typhoon from Jan-March.

In a counter argument most of those days from late Nov-beginning of March may be too chilly for normal people to want to get in the water, hints why those are also the time for refurbishments. An indoor waterpark has no weather considerations. Great Wolf Lodge is a great example of if you build it people will come.

In a counter argument most of those days from late Nov-beginning of March may be too chilly for normal people to want to get in the water, hints why those are also the time for refurbishments. An indoor waterpark has no weather considerations. Great Wolf Lodge is a great example of if you build it people will come.
I know they were supposed to be building a Wolf near 4 corners.
Personally I cant see myself enjoying an indoor water park. But I have no idea what that is like. Seems lame. Interesting concept though.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know they were supposed to be building a Wolf near 4 corners.
Personally I cant see myself enjoying an indoor water park. But I have no idea what that is like. Seems lame. Interesting concept though.

Same as an outdoor waterpark except indoors and you can manipulate the environment. Example from Tropical Gardens in Germany. The worlds largest indoor waterpark

Reactions: Ashhanbre and Joel
The only months that it's too cold for a Water park in FL is November-Early February. There isn't much of a winter here.

Same as an outdoor waterpark except indoors and you can manipulate the environment. Example from Tropical Gardens in Germany. The worlds largest indoor waterpark

Not sure how hurricane proof a structure like that would be. The dolphins training camp down here collapsed during the last storm we had, albeit I believe it's a semi-solid structure.

I don't think it's out of the question to think that we may see a water park at the new property. It all depends how they utilize the land.

I expect a third dry park, a second CityWalk area, a decent amount of hotels and with the remaining land, there would still be plenty of room for another water park.

Considering VB is at capacity almost every day and they're adding thousands upon thousands of hotel rooms, I expect a water park to open with Site B

So we've seen reliable insiders throwing out the 2021 timeline for the 4th park for a while. With all the supposed adjustments and planning, does this still seem doable? 3 years for entire park sounds...insane.

Reactions: Andysol
Hearing 2021 for the new park sounds insane to me, but it appears to be the timeline that's out there. Praise be to Universal Orlando if it happens. It will squash everything Disney has planned during that time.

So we've seen reliable insiders throwing out the 2021 timeline for the 4th park for a while. With all the supposed adjustments and planning, does this still seem doable? 3 years for entire park sounds...insane.
The earliest year will probably be the year after Universal Studios Beijing (Phase 1) is completed; USB Phase 1 will be completed in 2020 or 2021 depending on delays or whatnot.

Reactions: Nico
The earliest year will probably be the year after Universal Studios Beijing (Phase 1) is completed; USB Phase 1 will be completed in 2020 or 2021 depending on delays or whatnot.

Originally, it was 2020. Then it was pushed to 2021, but then back to 2020.

I would imagine depending on how they would do things, 2021 seems plausible.

Originally, it was 2020. Then it was pushed to 2021, but then back to 2020.

I would imagine depending on how they would do things, 2021 seems plausible.
From over here, I'd imagine that all the partners in this (Beijing Government, the Beijing investment company involved, Universal) want Phase 1 done before the 2022 Winter Olympics. To give them time to properly open it before that (there might be traffic shutdowns etc. to clear the air), it'd probably need to be finished by mid-year 2021 at the latest to give it a couple months of operation before that event.

Given how large the funding has gotten for this project ($7+bn already allocated with credit up to $14+bn planned from the biggest banks in China), I think they'll make sure it finishes by mid-2021 even if they have to allocate greater manpower using the Beijing government to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.