Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with @Andysol, agree with the others. We're theme park nuts and my friends aren't. I always try to get them to come to the parks with me but just about the only time I get them to come is for HHN. Now, I've had lots of friends not only send me/post on my FB articles about Nintendo coming to Universal (they like to think they hear about things before I do, never the case because of you good folk), but most of them have said they'll come to Universal just for Nintendo, and 3 of my friends have promised to buy annual passes because of Nintendo. Like @Joe said, these are people who rarely talk about this stuff but when a Nintendo park jumped into their gaming boards, they came to me about it. Obviously this isn't a significant sampling of people nor statistically accurate, but it got my attention.
I think Disney will be disappointed with the performance of Star Wars and Universal will continue business as usual.....slaying

Also, I think the results of Nintendo will greatly affect the 4th gate...

In other words, I feel Nintendo will be a huge win and Star Wars fatigue will have set in

Reactions: JaySalahi
I think Disney will be disappointed with the performance of Star Wars and Universal will continue business as usual.....slaying

Also, I think the results of Nintendo will greatly affect the 4th gate...

In other words, I feel Nintendo will be a huge win and Star Wars fatigue will have set in

Not sure I see a future where Star Wars disappoints

I'm seeing similar discussion about GE as I am about Nintendo. I don't think it'll be as insane as some Disney fans are expecting but it will hit every benchmark Disney has set.

For today's standards, would you say that a new land's non-ride features are equally important as the rides? I think GE will deliver on that front, as will Nintendo.

Reactions: Scott W.
For today's standards, would you say that a new land's non-ride features are equally important as the rides? I think GE will deliver on that front, as will Nintendo.

Not aimed at me but I think it is. Look at all the Harry Potter and Avatar lands, this is a new era of theme park design. I think this could also be what leads to TSL potentially being a failure even if the coaster is a good ride.

This is also responsible for the sky high budgets but I think it's a good investment as the lands are becoming an attraction in themselves.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Not sure I see a future where Star Wars disappoints
It will be a hit for sure...the attractions will be amazing, I just think they are expecting a Hogsmede situation, and that may be an overestimation...I hope I am super wrong though

It will be busier than a park with 9 rides can handle.

It's going to make the VB grand opening look like a well oiled machine.
I don't want to think about opening day..But it will be fine as they are 400 minute waits at Disney rather than Universal [/shade]

Can we get a Steven Universe ride? Actually, can we just get a whole Cartoon Network area with Steven Universe and Adventure Time rides, a themed restaurant and original shows? And if not in the 4th park, can this take over Toon Lagoon?
As much as I enjoy those shows, I feel like they'd only really work if they made a modern day Jimmy Neutron clone.

As much as I enjoy those shows, I feel like they'd only really work if they made a modern day Jimmy Neutron clone.
There would be a plus to that. That structure could follow the Jimmy Neutron route with cameos by Courage, Johnny Bravo, Space Ghost, etc. The difference between Adventure Time (especially) and Steven Universe is that each show allows a narrative that includes numerous characters from the show.

Steven Universe would queue on the Beach City boardwalk with load at the Gems hideout. Visit Paradot and Lapis, "fight" Jasper and the nursery, visit the temple, with a quick trip to Homeworld (via Lion and Lars), then a final celebration concert by Greg. The scale (and potential effects to show Gem Fusions) in a physical ride would create a next-level family dark ride.

Similarly, Adventure Time would queue in Finn and Jack's treehouse, visit the citizens of the Candy Kingdom, Marceline, pop by the Fire Kingdom, then the Ice Kingdom and Ice King, confront the Lich, then celebrate with the crew back a the tree house.
Steve and the Gems musical review (lets face it the songs make the show) and Jake's and Finn's Dungeon quest with Marceline, Lumpy Princess, and Princess Gumball.
A "Mr. Universe and Friends" concert would be killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.